The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

clerics & high priest combo?

By on June 2, 2011 7:23:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Plaguewraith

Join Date 04/2011
+9

Running_Lukas mentioned it in another thread and I´m curious.

Maybe someone (or you yourself Lukas ) may explain it?

Thanks for any replies!

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 2, 2011 8:03:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hadn't heard of it before, but Zen told me if there's 2 genreals, one gets clerics and the other high priests. then you assign 1 of each to each other. Apparantly having 2 of the same type is less heal frequency but having 2 different healers they will heal independently. I don't know how well it worked as I was too busy killing rather than dying lol, so usually 1 cleric heal topped me up and the priest healed a creep.

Anyone else heard of this strategy? Is it tru or am I misinformed.

June 2, 2011 8:39:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, I thought it would be something like that. But does it work (when it works) only that way? Why not High Priests and Bishops? Since Bishops can heal better than Clerics.

But thanks for your answer!

June 2, 2011 8:41:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tis true...

June 2, 2011 6:24:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What I generally do is this - if there are 2 generals on the team, I'll wait and see if the other general gets monks.  If he does, I'll buy clerics.  It's important to ask whoever got the monks to share 1 with you if you are both in different lanes.  If you choose not to shop at the start, you can head back to your base after about 1 or 2 minutes and get clerics.  Then make sure you share one with your teammates and always ask for a new monk if it dies.  Depending on the dgs in play, you can upgrade later to high priests or bishops.  If there is a sedna on the other team, I usually don't go past monk/cleric because counter healing can often shut down your dbl heals.

Anyway - onto the specifics - each TYPE of healer (type = monk, high priest, etc) more or less casts a cooldown on your dg.  As long as that cool down is on your dg, you can't receive another heal from that type.  But each type casts a different cooldown.  So, if a monk heals you, you get that cooldown effect on your, but you don't have the cooldown effect from a high priest, so you can receive another heal.  If i remember right, that cooldown effect lasts 7 seconds, while the healers are technically able to heal every 5 seconds. 

Other things to keep in mind - early game, its sometimes best to keep both monks to yourself if you are laned up with a teammate on a flag and need the heals as the 2 of you will heal faster with 2 monks.  That said, its generally best for the team to split your healers and stack the heal effect when possible. 

And last - if you go the strategy I mentioned where you wait to buy anything and get clerics around the 2 min mark, just keep in mind you still don't have any items, so you will be quite squishy at first - but once you start stacking some hp, those dbl heals make a huge deal.  Also, its quite helpful if your teammate is on top of sharing his healer with you.  If he's not, then you have to be even more cautious.

June 2, 2011 7:33:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah I thought that much.... just mix the type of healers for maxups

June 3, 2011 5:42:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How Priests/Monks Work (VITAL for a Sedna):

Every 5 seconds, monks do a for-unit-in-range check. 

First, it will check for allied demigods. If it finds a damaged demigod, it will heal 10/12/13/15% of their max hp. If they are buffed by Healing Wind II, then they heal 15/17/19/22% of their max hp. It will then apply a debuff to the healed demigod that lasts 8 seconds and prevents them from receiving heals from MONKS OF THE SAME LEVEL. This means that both a Cleric and a Monk can heal the same demigod twice. But 2 Monks cannot. 

For this reason, if you are a general and there is a Sedna on your team, you should not purchase Monks as your first purchase. Instead, buy Banded + Scaled Helm, go farm on the mana side and have Sedna split her monks. Once you have 1500 gold, go purchase Clerics and give HER a Cleric. 

High Priests only heal 1% more than Clerics (an 8.3% improvement, ignoring their extra HP, armor and damage). For Sedna, they heal 2% more than Clerics (an 11.8% improvement). Bishops heal 2% more than High Priests (a 15.4% improvement). For Sedna, they heal 3% more than High Priests (a 15.8% improvement).

To maximize your % improvement, if there are 2 generals on your team, the Sedna should ALWAYS get the High Priests, and the other general should get Bishops. Never ever ever the other way around. (11.8 + 15.4) > (8.3 + 15.8). (12.9% more efficient).

The exception to this is if there is an enemy Sedna. In this case, stick with Monks/Clerics instead of High Priests/Bishops. 

If a Priest doesn't find a damaged demigod in range, it will then check itself to see if it is damaged. If it is and will not be "overhealed" (eg, if they only lost 5 hp, and the Monk heals for 200, there isn't much point for it to be healed since it will "overheal" by 195 hp). Priests heal for 200/230/260/290. If it won't overheal, it will heal itself.

Finally, it will go through all the regular units (including other monks), and check to see if they are damage and, if they are healed, will be "overhealed. This means that higher-level'd priests will less often "waste" their heals on grunts because it is easier for them to overheal. 

What this means:

In a 1v1 situation, 2 monks will usually be able to "optimally" heal the Demigod every 8 seconds, even with AoE abilities (because one monk will heal the other, which will then heal the demigod once the debuff expires). However, if there is only 1 monk, it is very susceptible to AoE. Any decent AoE (over 200) will reduce the frequency of the heals by 25% (from every 8 seconds to 10 seconds. It will heal the Demigod, apply the 8 second debuff. 5 seconds later it will heal itself. Then it has to wait 5 seconds to heal you). 

This is one of the reasons why it is worth it to "tag" the enemy monks with your monks, and one of the reasons why NR is so useful for Sedna, even one with Counter Healing. 

June 4, 2011 11:00:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very interesting, thanks for that!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: