The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Darkliath - the BEST teammate you ever had

By on June 2, 2011 12:34:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All - I've been around a long time.  I've had kalelsmx, trousersnake, orcun, renz, mith, zen, box, kokujin, kass, you name it as a teammate.  And all of those folks plus many that I didn't mention (I mean, c'mon, all names in a quick post - gimme a break and dont be a grouch if you didn't get name dropped u brat ).  Dark is easily the best teammate out of everyone I mentioned including myself.  For those of us that are hyper competitive (see the players I mentioned including myself), dark didn't care.  She'd take each and every player and make a gg.  I've actually prided myself on being willing to switch to the weaker team on a regular basis to get a game going.  For me, it still bothered me a bit when I got many loses or doing it.  Dark didn't care.  She has like a 30ish win percent rate.  And she can easily fit in the tier 1s.  Any of us that have played a few games with her know that she deserves tier 1 status.  BUT - she will often play with weak or new players to make a game happen.  And her tolerance is > mine... I can do it for a few games (but then I'm an angry shite after losing for pointless reasons and then super mad if i get a good teammate that f's up).  I've never experienced dark acting like a poop on any of my many accounts. 

Anyway - this is the darkliath appreciation thread.  She deserves it imo.  She's one of the best regs in the game and isn't as stuck on pride as many of us (including myself) to get a game going with a brand new player and try to help them learn.   

Maybe dark will respond here, but probably not.  That said, thanks for picking up Demigod and being one of the best players there is.  Dark!

+161 Karma | 29 Replies
June 2, 2011 12:34:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

June 2, 2011 2:43:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
NT
I've seen her a bit out of line , that cheater

June 2, 2011 6:08:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had one game with her which was really nice (it was my first game online and we won ^^).

But even better were all the things she explained me at the beginning.

So, once more: Thank you, Dark!

June 2, 2011 7:08:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Zen for teaching me about cleric & High priest combo! Dark is GR8 teammate to have and Pacov too! I don't think I've lost a game with those combos.

That said I'll also happily team the weaker side for a game and it's BEST when you get asked to go to weaker side and WIN

June 2, 2011 7:36:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My first thought when I read the thread title was: "Whats new?". I totally agree, she is by far the best teammate as she plays only for the team and never for herself, I mean look at the win % that surely does not reflect her skill. I have seen her often taking games that are impossible to win, like she wants to lose it.

Sometimes though, in high level  games, she overdoes the teamplay a bit, gets all cit-upgrades and then dies because she is way under-equipment compared to all others. So for a real top-player she should from my point of view become just a tad more egoistic. She would still be by far the best teammate. 

June 2, 2011 7:48:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dark hates me and i dont know why [e digicons]:'([/e] [e digicons]:'([/e] [e digicons]:'([/e] [e digicons]:'([/e] [e digicons]:'([/e]

June 2, 2011 9:35:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Darkliath is the best! 

June 2, 2011 9:43:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have yet to play with her and most of you guys, but will look forward to do so 

I'm still kinda new to DG scene, where pro players are everywhere, but I know most basics well and now need to improve on advanced play!

June 2, 2011 11:59:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heh - its a day later and dark is still great. 

June 3, 2011 1:23:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
heh - its a day later and dark is still great. 
I prefer The_Cleaner_

June 3, 2011 8:03:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome player who is unreasonably selfless, thanks for gracing this game with your presence Darkliath 

June 3, 2011 12:17:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice job Darkliath... U got some really good comments out there... That means u haven't changed since I left... I would really like to play with u again

June 3, 2011 4:08:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the moody dark. She is so funny

June 3, 2011 9:14:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Win or lose, she is always a pleasure to play with

June 5, 2011 4:08:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh dear,

I am a bit out of words, but you just made me feel 10 times better even though I don't think that I deserve such a title, Pacov... Actually someone recently said, that I am the worst teammate 

And nah... I am not that good to my teammates...  but you probably forgot Pacov I do threaten teammates to do that and that or I'll go afk, won't help them, etc, so that they would get teleports, buy items... but usually my afk ends up after 5-10 seconds, because I can't leave them

Zen_ God, yeah... I do get out of line, but how is The_Cleaner_ better? And yeah. As thymalus said, I am a cheater/hacker. When he is teammate, I can see his items, health, etc. You try that When he is enemy I can "see" through fog of war and easily know where he goes, etc.

PlagueWraith, yeah. I like talking and talking... Usually to myself, but it's always great to know that someone is listening

Running_Lukas, I really don't like how you talk sometimes such nasty words..., but everything else is great  I like playing with you.

My great teammate Sledge. I always liked to play with you, and yeah. Sometimes I really was playing games I had extremely low chances of winning (two noobs + me on team vs 3 mids, because nobody else wanted to play with them). But hey, you can sacrifice one match, to teach two newbies at once If they are talking to you, then it is very likely, that they'll get mods, read strategies. If not, then... fail... 

And as for being egoistic... Hmm... I think I am pretty egoistic

Blackmage, yeah, because you hop on vent, scare everyone, and still don't play with me

Dreamcatcher. Old good friend since Gameranger I loved times there even though I was losing a lot.

HempRX, thank you too, for playing with me, when I was playing my various not working builds I hope you were not angry for that? 

Insidious, finally you're back. My one of the greatests teammates left me for so long... Now it's payback time

visca_el_barca. Oh you... Just don't tell me that you intentionally made me angry... I won't talk to you  

Ragnorrock. Another player who doesn't mind if I mess up badly Happy to lose or win with you too 

June 5, 2011 6:44:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darkliath,
O

Blackmage, yeah, because you hop on vent, scare everyone, and still don't play with me

you have no proof of this , but we have played before. We just dont meet in game as much.

June 5, 2011 8:47:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darkliath,
I won't talk to you

June 12, 2011 6:12:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happy Birthday Darkliath  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

year old is marvelous age 

June 12, 2011 7:10:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Didn't know it was your birthday.  Happy birthday!

June 12, 2011 8:21:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

happy birthday! 21 really? hope you get to go to a bar

June 13, 2011 8:20:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happy birthday Dark.

Zen we all live in free countries where you dont have to wait to turn 21 to drink. Nothing special to turn 21. It is still a birthday though with hopefully a big party.

June 13, 2011 8:26:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Belated happy birthday, Darkliath!

June 13, 2011 8:43:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

H. B.

June 13, 2011 1:41:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Birthday Girl!    

June 13, 2011 5:10:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks everyone! 

Zen_god, I don't go to a bar, because I don't drink and that's why, visca_el_barca, my parties don't look like your described picture scenario 

And yeah. Overall nothing special in my country to reach 21 year old age, but it's still a birthday

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.