The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Witcher 2

By on May 27, 2011 5:07:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Anybody playing? I am, and it's sweet. I haven't seen any real impact from importing a TW1 save except I got to keep Aerondight and Raven's Armor though (but they're both scaled down and replaced during the game, rather then ultimate items).

+70 Karma | 60 Replies
November 5, 2011 2:58:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tridus,
Remember to thank CDPR for adding Securom to the Steam version deliberately to push sales on GOG (which happens to be owned by the same company), and then removing it two weeks later. That was the cause of half of these problems. Very poor decision making on their part.

If only that was the extent of it.  First it was that.  Then it was that every time they patched it I had to download at least 9 gigs of files, because Steam didn't have an actual patching system.  Then they added a patching system, which left patchers on your hard drive which seemed like an acceptable compromise since everything worked at some point.  Now they've converted it to a new system and I can't even download the frickin game.

I give up.  Valve clearly doesn't want me to play this game, so I won't.

November 6, 2011 11:38:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Savyg,

Quoting Tridus, reply 50Remember to thank CDPR for adding Securom to the Steam version deliberately to push sales on GOG (which happens to be owned by the same company), and then removing it two weeks later. That was the cause of half of these problems. Very poor decision making on their part.

If only that was the extent of it.  First it was that.  Then it was that every time they patched it I had to download at least 9 gigs of files, because Steam didn't have an actual patching system.  Then they added a patching system, which left patchers on your hard drive which seemed like an acceptable compromise since everything worked at some point.  Now they've converted it to a new system and I can't even download the frickin game.

I give up.  Valve clearly doesn't want me to play this game, so I won't.

Or you download it from torrents. You already payed for it so no moral problem here. As it is DRM free you can also patch the torrented version without any problems.

November 6, 2011 1:56:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Finished playing it last night. The subtleties of the story were lost on me. It wasn't as open as I hoped it would be. The combat has amazing animations, just wicked. All in all a very polished game, great graphics, big story but at times it felt like I was watching a movie and waiting until I could "have a go". I was glad to finish - just in time for Skyrim

November 6, 2011 2:43:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I must be getting old...got up to the FIRST big boss a swamp monster and couldn't be bothered to spend hours beating him, so I stopped playing. As I get older I don't seem to have the time or patience to do RPG's. I still have the desire, just not the time.
November 7, 2011 4:45:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting TorinReborn,

Or you download it from torrents. You already payed for it so no moral problem here. As it is DRM free you can also patch the torrented version without any problems.

And let the terrorists win?  No way!  

November 7, 2011 6:29:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting wbino,
I must be getting old...got up to the FIRST big boss a swamp monster and couldn't be bothered to spend hours beating him, so I stopped playing. As I get older I don't seem to have the time or patience to do RPG's. I still have the desire, just not the time.

Or do as I did, go online and read the easiest way to beat it. You also got videos to show you how to do it. I also hate these console fights where you win by pressing buttons in the right way and not by the prowess of your character up until that point so I don't bother trying to do them alone if they take more then 2 tries.

November 7, 2011 6:45:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Savyg,

Quoting TorinReborn, reply 52

And let the terrorists win?  No way!  

What terrorist? You will need to explain that one

November 9, 2011 2:06:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting TorinReborn,
What terrorist? You will need to explain that one

Just joking.  I will never download anything illegally without extremely good reason (say I bought it but the company no longer lets me download it or other such unlikely situations) and so far I don't even like Witcher 2 as much as the first one.

I have other stuff to do, and other things to download, so why stress over it.  I did email Steam support just now and ask if there's anything I can do, but they're probably having issues right now what with the forum hack.

November 10, 2011 12:08:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was excited about playing Witcher2.  Installed the game, and all the auto patches (four, I think).   Took a while to get used to the left click on appropriate place to get avatar to climb up, down, whatever.  

In first chapter, getting to ballastia to use against revolting forces... game kept resetting.  No matter how many enemies I killed, no matter how many times I cleared the courtyard, just as avatar has pulled the arbalest back, and is ready to cock it... so as to prepare to aim it, more enemies appear out of nowhere.... in the cleared plaza/courtyard... and game resets to needing to repull the abralest.   I read that player has to do this 4 times, but I have gone up to 10 times, and finally said  BORING.   Is a glitch, a fix available?  Thanks.  I even checked all the doors into the plaza, all are locked....

November 12, 2011 5:35:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That scene is a QTE. You need to mash the button I think. Been a while.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.