The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Bad performance in this formum (Elemental)

By on May 16, 2011 5:17:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi

Lately reading the forum with Chrome has become a chore. Scrolling is choppy, and it feels like the computer CPU is at 100%. Well, it is not. My computer is an ASUS G73GW Series Laptop and has no problems with other forums, new games and such. Is it just me?

Just did a check in Firefox and the performance is normal there. Must be a Chrome thing...

JOA

+28 Karma | 5 Replies
May 16, 2011 5:23:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sins forum the same with Chrome and IE. I can go make a coffee and the page is still not loaded. All other pages and forums with no problems.

It's is not all the time but frequently frustrating.

May 16, 2011 7:04:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ever since FF4 came out I quit using FF. I now use Chrome and there is no problem at all here. I think that a lot depends on the machine and a lot depends on the site. Sometimes there are problems with the site itself.

May 17, 2011 4:57:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its the background image.. chrome (or rather webkit) has a bug related to it.. 

If you have the adblock plugin.. block the background image.. you should notice the site appear to run faster.. it is a very annoying bug.

May 17, 2011 5:20:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Me and my friends use IE9 And I still have the experience that the site generally loads slowly overall..?? A "Site-issue" maybe ?? Hmmm...

May 17, 2011 7:06:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think it is a site maintenance issue, even though we are kept in the dark about most things of this nature. reasoning: it generally happens in the early hours (edt) and one finds that they need to re-login.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000593   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.