*graphic courtesy of r_munch –thx!
Back quite some time ago when we were talking about tournaments… WAAYYYYY back when I had that oh so very annoying thread about DG players – tier 1, tier 2 and those to be avoided (http://forums.demigodthegame.com/372184)…
… I had an idea. What if we had a tournament where every player was teamed up with every other player. This means, the tournament will really be about individual excellence. We mix and match teams. You don’t try to form team super perfect – you get an assigned teammate that changes each round. For every win, each player on the team gets 1 point. If you lose, you get nothing. We do this until we go through the combinations. The winner is the person with the most points as they were clearly the most effective on each team. In the event of a tie… well… I’ll figure something out. So, as you can see, this tournament is going to be structured VERY differently than our previous ones. If all is well with the brackets, you will play on the same team with every single person exactly 1 time.
Although it probably doesn’t sound all that challenging to pull off, we actually had quite a bit of difficulty coming up with a decent bracket that would enable us to have the tournament they way we wanted it. Thankfully, sledge was kind enough to help out and take the time to develop the brackets so I wouldn’t be doing all of the heavy lifting here. Please give him some karma if you think of it. At any rate, here’s a link to the brackets. Please take a look to help get a better understanding of how things will work. https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An02sqdF5v-EdG1hLTI1d3prLWpnWUpSRnNrbG9RMFE&hl=en_US&authkey=CLWZtdgO
Be aware that we will have EXACTLY 16 players in this tournament. In the event that we only have 15 players, we will add in 1 enhanced AI, etc
What is the schedule?
We should spend some time discussing this. Technically, we could start immediately. As you can see from the brackets, all you need is 3 other folks online at the same time to get a game in. I propose that we setup some specifics dates and times that will be considered game days. We can all show up during this time windows, pair up, and get some games in.
What are the rules?
- The tournament is 2v2 and is invitation only
- The map is cataract using default settings (AI settings will be on low gold/xp and high HP)
- When the brackets are created (this happens right at the start of the tourney), the team that is on the left side of the bracket will be on the light side and the team on the right side of the bracket will be on the dark side
- Each team may declare 1 of the opposing team's Demigods and the player that must use that Demigod.
- The team on light will tell a specific player on the dark side what dg they are to use. Then, the team on dark will tell one player on the light side what Demigod they must use. Then, the other player on the light team may pick any Demigod they want (no doubles). And last, the remaining player on the dark team will pick any Demigod they want (no doubles)
- All players must use uberfix 1.05 (you can download it here: http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl)
- Replays for all games must be uploaded to the Jee site by someone on the winning team. This can easily be done when you report your results in on the Jee site.
What is the prize?
- 1st place – $20 – pacov appears to be the only sponsor. If you’d like to kick in some prize money, pm me.
Payouts will be delivered by PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, get one. If you can’t do that, then you will not receive a payout for the cash prizes if you win. If you do win, provide me with your PayPal addresses via pm on these forums and I will get you sorted in short order. If the needed PayPal email address has not been provided in 1 week, the prize money is forfeit. Cash is rendered via PayPal in US dollars. If you are from another country, the conversion is provided by PayPal. Any fee charged by PayPal will come directly out of your winnings (so its possible the winners could receive less than the listed payout).
How do I report my wins?
- This section needs updated – all wins should be reported via replays on jeeplays
Thankfully, we have not had a need to disqualify any teams yet during our tournaments, but here are the ground rules.
- Intentionally desyncing a game will result in a forfeit. If you believe this has occurred, send me a copy of your DemigodLog.txt file. I’ll request some additional files if needed. Hopefully we can continue to keep this nonsense out of our tournaments going forward.
- If you have not played at least 1 game within the first week of the tournament, you can be dropped and replaced by another player.
- If you have not completed your games in a reasonable amount of time, you can be DQ’d