The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

pacov's early morning dg design idea

By on May 15, 2011 1:29:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

Just wanted to get some thoughts down quick.

What about the ability to choose an affinity for various dgs at the start of the game.  It would perhaps be a static choice that you couldn't change (eg not tb changing form).  Take rook, for instance.  You could choose an affinity that would give your towers additional hp (but you'd have a little less hp) or splash dmg, but you'd take some other trade off.  I know we already have this to some degree with the dg's that can alter their builds SUCCESSFULLY between hybrid and assassin, but I'm thinking of a new feature altogether.  In short, you could play dg the same way you always do (with all of those strategies that you've developed.  But this would add a new angle.  You choose an affinity, you get extra power for however you want to play at the cost of something.  Or like a sedna that gets an extra 500 hp tacked onto her heal, but she's down 1k hp and very squishy as a result.  Anyway, lots of potential.

So... I'm thinking there would be a no affinity option - so your dg works exactly like it does today.  Then 2-3 additional options that each have trade offs.  And you could pick them the same way you do a favor item.  At any time during the game.  This way folks that like strategy would try to figure out what affinity you chose the same way we think about what favor you picked if we don't immediately notice you chosing blood.

Anything - just some quick ideas.

pac

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 15, 2011 1:29:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

May 16, 2011 5:25:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rise of Immortals has "levels" outside of game that give you points to grant various abilities, a sort of way to customize your character.

I like the idea...

May 21, 2011 3:50:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had a similar idea for a 2nd fav item that gives a 5% aura for various stats....in the DGII thread. This is different, and I like it a lot!~

June 2, 2011 7:00:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This kind of reminds me of one of the features of the C&C:G:ZH mod Boss Generals called General Plans.

You start off with a relatively basic (Though still competitive) force, but can choose a plan on what kind of strategy to focus on. An Assault plan unlocks powerful frontline units and abilities, Shock and Awe gives you awesome hit and run forces, Demolition gives loads of nuke AoE, Toxin DoT, etc. etc.

This contrasted with the later unlocked 'abilities'. Whereas the abilities served as a quick game changer with things like a few free units or a one-time bomb, the plans focused on overall strategy with simple unlocks.

You initially could only choose one, but you come back and unlock the others later to allow you to shift strategies and expand your forces. They proved quite popular and very fun.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: