The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Instal - No volumes on disk

By on May 1, 2011 10:24:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I purchased Demigod a year ago and it ran fine on my PC with Windows XP. My hard drive crashed and I rebuild the new drive with all of the same software and settings. However, when the Demigod CD is placed in the CD drive, it appears empty. All other software from CDs have loaded fine and a diagnostic of the CD drive shows no problems. All I can detect is that the CD is in the drive but nothing launches. No volumes can be found on the CD. CD is in great condition. Any advice?

0 Karma | 4 Replies
May 1, 2011 10:35:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's a weird one.

I assume you are entitled to a digital (downloadable) copy of demigod through impulse if you purchased the CD. No?

Email to [email protected] would help you out methinks..

May 2, 2011 2:41:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you registered the game via impulse (which makes sense considering he's posting on the demigod msg board, but maybe not), then yes - he should be able to download the game via impulse. 

At any rate, this doesn't sound like an issue with the DVD in any way... sounds like a hardware issue (or possibly software). 

Anyway, if you don't have impulse, install it (www.impulsedriven.com).  Then register demigod if you have not.  Then download.  Then choose to archive if you like and you shouldn't have to download it again. 

May 5, 2011 5:41:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did not register the game via Impulse. Now that I am registered with Impulse, it asks for a game shortcut to be dragged and dropped. Since I can't read the disk, I can't do that. I just finished reinstalling operating system for the second time. No luck at all. Disk will not launch, computer says no volumes. Any other advice?

May 5, 2011 6:59:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Check the disk on a different computer.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.