The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Connectivity issues..

By on April 25, 2011 6:48:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Insidious_i...

Join Date 08/2010
+1

I used to play without any trouble here before.. Then I went to a private accommodation, where I had to use "vpn open" service to play the game. Now I came back home for vocation and I get: "The NAT has failed" whenever I try to connect to most of the people. I can still connect perfectly to some people and that is what concerns me...

I've already tried everything mentioned in the forums, but still nothing has changed...

Anyone knows what is the problem here?

*My connection is 4mbps.,

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 25, 2011 5:42:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you try this "vpn open" service at your home?  Just curious if you still have access to that or not? 

I tried a specific VPN tool called Hide My Ass! that has been very helpful for some folks with connectivity issues.  The downside is that you do have to pay for the tool (you need the HMA! Pro VPN tunnel).  http://www.hidemyass.com/

Obviously, a solution you have to pay for isn't desirable, but I'd wager that would work. 

Anyway, barring that, you'll have to provide some additional information.  What is your setup at home?  Cable modem/router, just cable modem, something else, etc.

April 25, 2011 8:07:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I ve tried that app, but since there are no servers nearby the ping reaches 500-1300ms I don't think is that but I fear that the application changed some settings etc ( I am not expert on this kind of staff )..

I got a rooter-and connect by wi-fi, however I also tried to connect by cable; still the same.

_SaV_ explained some things to me and helped me to assign the game to my router manually.. I added the ports, but that didn't changed anything either..

What worries me is that I can connect to a small number of people..

I ve already tried turning off my firewall and AVG.. 

April 25, 2011 9:13:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe a silly suggestion but when you say "turning off" your (software?) firewall is it still running resident under the processes tab? If so, then you have just hidden it but not stopped it functioning.

April 25, 2011 9:40:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nop, I mean end process from the task manager

April 25, 2011 10:14:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok like i said - unlikely... that's a crappy problem. You connect np to me most of the time and I forward ports. Do the others that you can connect to properly forward ports aswell?

April 26, 2011 1:02:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'lll see if I can get the_monk to chime in.  He's the resident networking genius guy. 

Another question - when you were using hide my ass - even with the crazy high ping - did you actually lag (did you even try a game with you SHOWING having high ping)? I my experience with hide my ass, I could use a server in australia - get like 400 ping, and still play pretty much lag free.  Not sure how all that works as I don't understand all the details, etc. 

Also - there's not reason you can't get SD involved (and you should).  Shoot an email off to [email protected] and explain the issue to them (even copy/paste portions of this post). 

April 26, 2011 6:59:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,
ok like i said - unlikely... that's a crappy problem. You connect np to me most of the time and I forward ports. Do the others that you can connect to properly forward ports aswell?

As I said I am not really good at this staff so, I can't answer this properly

April 26, 2011 7:05:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think we tried that (playing with HMA) during the tournament, but it was a bit slow... I haven't tried since then, cause nobody let me play with 1000 ping..

Btw, all this started  when I couldn't connect to ssyff I think. I could connect properly to all the rest and then I tried to rejoin many times... After all those attempts I couldn't connect neither with him or anyone else... 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: