The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Concept/Proposal: Coach

By on March 24, 2011 4:41:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi folks,

here is a proposal I have for you: be a coach

Here is how it works:

• identify 8 newbies
  • identify 8 coaches

the coaches are going to train the newbies for 1 month. 2 weeks. Playing from time to time with them, commenting on replays etc...

at the end of the two weeks we hold a tournament between the newbies

the winner takes 50 usd. 25 usd goes to the newbie and 25 usd to the coach.

i am happy to sponsor the 50 usd for this.

Now, i do also have something to help, this is a feature we just released on jeelounge which is called Coaching. It basically allow to manage that process. I am making a tutorial and will share sortly.

taht said with out without that jeelounge feature i am till happy to sponsor this if any newbie/coachis interested.

we may need to do a small evaluation of the newbies at the beginning so that there is no cheating.

i'd suggest the newbie to be already "well known"newbies. No new account accepted in this ^^

what do you say?

+4 Karma | 25 Replies
March 24, 2011 5:32:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always liked anything similar to this idea even without any tourneys, prizes.

Taking some player and playing with him more often (sort of a premade team) is fun, no matter how player plays bad, because you see his development in skills and you are a part of this development. Especially fun is when he defeats his own teacher

Creating a great opponent for yourself is the best prize one could get [e digicons]'[/e]

March 24, 2011 6:43:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea, but you think we can find that many newbies that will play for 1 month? Dedication is usually only found by the players that play this game forever.

March 24, 2011 6:59:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah... Out of all newbies I've played/trained with now playing are... hmm... zero, I think... And I've trained at least 20 for various amount of time...

There are some new players now also, but... usually they play in private and don't allow anyone in (thanks to those players who kick everyone out), so you rarely can see them out in the field. Another thing is that if they don't speak English at least decently... they won't understand/bother to understand you to get better.

Good noobs (not children, who don't understand anything you tell them or even if understand act some other way) are so rare these days...

March 24, 2011 7:10:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this idea, sign me up! I will also be coaching Zen_God 

But yeah jokes aside - I'll be happy to teach Erebus/Oak/Rook/TB/UB mechanics and builds to anyone, as long as they are willing to listen and learn.

Thanks for sponsoring the idea and tourney; Will it be a 1v1 tourney between the newbies? How about a master/apprentice 2v2? Maybe one round of each per bracket?

March 24, 2011 7:33:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting renz0kuken,
I will also be coaching Zen_God
lol

March 24, 2011 8:03:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There would be no way to verify that it isnt a smurf account so this kind of tourney is improbable.  But yes we need more skilled palyers.

March 24, 2011 8:19:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jona,
There would be no way to verify that it isnt a smurf account so this kind of tourney is improbable.  But yes we need more skilled palyers.
I don't see the point of good players smurfing in this .. unless they really want 25$

March 24, 2011 8:49:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ill participate and teach Renz how to play UB.

but seriously I don't think there are enough noobs to even pick from.

March 24, 2011 11:02:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jona,
There would be no way to verify that it isnt a smurf account so this kind of tourney is improbable. But yes we need more skilled palyers.
I don't think there are enough skilled players to smurf for this^^ most douches suck anyway lol

March 24, 2011 11:05:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm a newbie.  I can play on weekends and some evenings my local time of course.

March 24, 2011 11:36:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well... an easier approach would be to get newbies to respond here, then each of us could take 1 and train them up.  So far we have bigdogbigfeet. 

March 25, 2011 8:40:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

coaching a noob? how about finding a player for a game, that is tough enough we are gonna have to start paying ppl to play the game soon.

March 25, 2011 1:20:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heya. after writing this i thought: hum... we actually need 2 noobs per coach as we better get 2v2s that 1v1s.

there are other variation of that which are possible eg 2 newbie coached by 2 coaches or 1 newbie + 1 coach playing in the tourney etc...

I think there are actually few newbies there but they are intimidated to get in any games with any of you guys (or myself)

I know i personnaly havent been very gentle with newbies ^^

But newbies are very important for a game.

I have been playing Unreal 2004 recently and there is a big problem with that game nowadays which is that 90+% of players are very skilled so people like me get killed badly, Not fun. I am ooking for other newbies but just cant find them ^^

anyway, i am happy to support any structure you guys would agree on.

March 25, 2011 1:54:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know if this will work, but great idea.

March 25, 2011 2:24:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah - I'm not too sure we could make this happen, but I'm game.  I think 1 person per coach would be a better start though.  I get that it will be a team of 2 noobs in the end, but probably best to train up 1 person then graduate to coaching them in a 2v2... my opinion anyway.

March 25, 2011 2:31:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello!

I like this idea. I'm not sure if I should consider myself a newbie but I'm quite certain that I lack of multiplayer experience; so I could use some trainning

March 25, 2011 2:36:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, i could participate in this too.. I do it every day anyways even ppl leave my games cause they are afraid to play with a noob in their teams.. Practicing with some new guy makes u realize all the mistakes u do.. and of course u need to put all ur experience to win a tough match...

Well i could help with some builds but, since i am ot that experienced with all the demigods, I could really coach on oak, and sedna builds if any new guys want. 

March 25, 2011 3:57:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

shall we do what pacov suggested and try to get more 'newbs' to post on this thread if they are interested.

if you see newbs online then direct them here?

Not sure if it would work as well but not much we have to lose in trying, i think...

March 25, 2011 6:51:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm game for this.  I want the experience and the multiplayer fun!

March 26, 2011 2:03:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are many people who would like this... i asked today. The point is that they don't know how to check this post.  Pls let ppl know..

March 26, 2011 2:07:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BigDogBigFeet,
I'm game for this.  I want the experience and the multiplayer fun!

BigDogBigFeet, i would like to help... 

add me in ur friends list and ask me any time if u need help.. 

March 26, 2011 4:21:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darkliath,
Yeah... Out of all newbies I've played/trained with now playing are... hmm... zero, I think..

Im still playing.

March 26, 2011 5:03:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm... Maybe. Then one

Also, who wants to train with me, add Darkliath_ to friends and pm.

March 27, 2011 4:32:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting insidious_pressure,
BigDogBigFeet, i would like to help...

add me in ur friends list and ask me any time if u need help..

How do I do that?

March 27, 2011 4:45:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shift + tab when you are joined to Internet in game. There go to friends, add friend and write the name. Then after some time you will have him in a list and can pm him

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.