The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod 1.3 installer refreshed

By on March 22, 2011 2:36:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've published a new version today (1.30.160 on Impulse). There are no changes to the game code, it's a networking-related update for web services.

Kris

+40 Karma | 62 Replies
March 23, 2011 5:11:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please do not revert your ImpulseReactor.dll file as this may cause other problems.

March 23, 2011 6:46:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We think we have a fix that I'll stage for release tomorrow (want to try the other platforms in testing to make sure they didn't break). Anyone having trouble should be able to extract http://sd.stardock.com/demigod_032311_hotfix.zip to the .\bin directory.

If that helps/works, please note that here along with what OS you are running.

Kris

March 23, 2011 8:35:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nakor - do you need any of us that aren't having problems to try the fix (seeing as we'll all be on the latest version once you release the update)?  Happy to help with testing as desired. 

March 23, 2011 10:36:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov, you're welcome to try on any platform, it shouldn't hurt (though I felt that about the previous one from testing

Kris

March 23, 2011 11:50:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nakor,
Pacov, you're welcome to try on any platform, it shouldn't hurt (though I felt that about the previous one from testing . 

Kris

heh... I totally understand.  You can only know so much with a limited number of folks testing.  Anyway, I'll grab the bugfix version and see if I hit any issues.  I have winxp-32 and win7-64 to test with.  The downside is that I can't test until tomorrow after work, so its quite possible you'll have already staged a version.  If there is no updated release by the time I'm done tomorrow, though, I will test on both platforms.  At any rate, if I can help, I certainly will.  Thanks again for the feedback and the quick action on a fix for folks that have experienced problems! 

March 24, 2011 9:53:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Kris!

The hotfix is working fine for me. WinXP SP3 german

Thx very much!

March 24, 2011 11:08:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well... now, afte a crash of impulse and demigod i can't login again...

March 24, 2011 12:55:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've posted the updated build. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Kris

March 24, 2011 5:00:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

_SaV_, was the crash in the Impulse client or do you mean the ImpulseReactor.dll? 

March 24, 2011 5:06:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, if you crash out of Demigod, it can't log you out, so your connection remains until it expires (should only take a few minutes), so if you try again now you may be able to login.

March 24, 2011 6:49:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

atm everything is working fine again

i had to verify my demigod install and do the update of 1.30.161 again...

how long is that time exactly until that connection expires?

March 25, 2011 4:17:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's probably 5 minutes, but neither of us wrote that code.

Kris

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.