The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

World of Tanks

Intro to a fun game

By on February 9, 2011 12:08:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So I've seen World of Tanks mentioned in another thread recently and I decided to do sort of an intro thread for the game because it's not very heavily marketed but is nevertheless pretty fun, if you're into that kind of gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THn_FZAxvuQ&hd=1

So, what is it?

World of Tanks is probably best described as Counter-Strike with Tanks and persistancy thrown in. There are two main parts of the game: the Garage, and the Battlefield. I'll go over the Battlefield first, because that's where all the blowing up of stuff is.

The game is Free to Play. There is no "subscription" system. Premium features use Gold currency instead of regular currency, and the Gold is bought with real $. The current exchange rate is 250 Gold for $1. Here's stuff that you can do with Gold:

-Upgrade your account to Premium for a set duration (1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month). 1 month costs 2500 gold, so $10, and is the best overall deal in terms of Gold per $. The benefits of a premium account are 50% more XP earned, and 50% more Credits earned (more on the uses for these in the Garage section).

-Buy Premium tanks. Usually each nation has a couple of Premium tanks. These are more flavor, the best tanks at the moment are not premium. They are good at what they do, but they're not the "top" tanks. The main benefit is that it's easier to get them as there's no research requirement. They can be pretty cheap as well, one of the medium tanks for Germany is 1000 gold ($4).

-Convert XP to Free XP. Each vehicle has its own experience pool that can only be used to research upgrades on that vehicle. 10% of the normally earned XP is automatically added to your Free XP pool. This pool can be used to research on any vehicle. When you research everything on a vehicle, it still gains XP from battles, and you can choose to convert it to free XP. 25 xp costs 1 gold to convert to Free XP. The main use for Free XP is to skip "over" a vehicle in the tech tree (more in the Garage section).

-Form platoons and companies. Probably the worst part of the WoT F2P system is that you can't queue to a battle (there are no servers, just instant matchmaking) with your buddy without one of you having a Premium account which allows you to queue as a team.

So, as you can see, there's really nothing in Premium that gives a competitive edge to a player. The premium tanks are the closest thing, but they're not the best tanks in their classes, so buying one won't give anyone an edge. For the most part, Premium just lets you move up tiers faster.

The Battlefield

Battles in World of Tanks are 15 vs 15 on any one of 10+ maps. Each team starts at their side of the map, though not necessarily their base. The goal of the match is either to destroy all the enemy tanks, or capture their base. Destroying tanks is self-explanatory, and capturing the base is accomplished by staying in the capture zone while the capture bar fills. The more friendly tanks in the capture zone, the faster the capture. A few seconds after the bar reaches 100%, the capturing team wins the map.

There are currently 3 nations in the Open Beta version of WoT. USA, Russia, and Germany. Each side has an assortment of light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, tank destroyers, and SPGs (Self-Propelled Guns, basically very long range indirect fire artillery). 

Tank controls are what you're generally used to in FPS games. W/S/A/D moves your tank, and mouse aims your cannon. Note that even though historically tanks had more than one weapon (and these are on the tank models in-game), you only ever shoot your main cannon. For vehicles with a turret (light, medium, heavy tanks with a few exceptions like the US M3 Lee), the turret automatically rotates to your mouse pointer - meaning, there's no separate control for turret rotation on top of tank movement. For vehicles without a turret (Tank Destroyers, SPGs), if needed the vehicle rotates to your mouse pointer if you aim outside of the frontal cone.

The tanks all have their own feel and handling, as you would expect. Movement is NOT arcade-y. Each tank has weight, and its treads and engine (more on this in the Garage section) determine its maneuverability and speed. No two tanks handle the same. Some have faster top speed and accelerate faster, but they lose a lot of speed on turns. Other tanks have lower top speed, but are more agile and turn faster with lower speed loss. Light tanks can zoom up hills fairly well, while slow and bulky SPGs turtle crawl up them. Turret rotation also differs. Big heavy turrets turn slower than lighter ones, so light tanks can most certainly run circles around heavy tanks and it will be very hard for the heavy to hit them (even though the light won't be able to do much to the heavy, except possibly knocking out its treads with some well-placed HE rounds).

Each tank also has crew and "subsystems", if you will. You can blow out treads. You can destroy the engine. You can destroy the cannon. You can injure crew. Your crew is what determines how well your tank performs. When you get a fresh tank, your crew is fairly inexperienced (though you can spend money to train them), and as you fight they will train up to full effectiveness, at which point you can train them with extra abilities (better camouflage, faster repairing, faster firefighting). Your crew is responsible for manning your tank. You have loaders, gunners, commanders, drivers. If you lose your loader, you will reload slower. If you lose your gunner, your accuracy will decrease. If your treads bet blown out, you will fix them but your mobility will be decreased. If your engine gets smashed and your tank catches on fire, you will repair it and put out the fire, but you will take extra damage from the flames and your speed will be reduced.

You can transfer your crew from tank to tank, though they lose some effectiveness - transferring between tanks of the same type (like Tank Destroyer to Tank Destroyer) loses 25% training since they're not used to the new vehicle, and transferring between vehicles of different types (Tank to SPG, for example) loses 50%.

You can recon, and you can hide, and you can flank. Each tank has a radio system, which is used to relay information on contacts automatically to your teammates in radio range. One of the jobs of Light tanks is to scout ahead, they're small and hard to detect (especially if stationary in a big bush), and with a good radio they can pick up contacts and light them up for your allies in range. The tank cannon ranges are always higher than detection ranges, so a Light scout ahead of your main Heavy/Medium tank group will allow them to shoot farther than they can normally detect. Depending on your tank, you can also hide. Big bushes that cover your whole tank make you hard to detect from the distance, unless you start shooting out of it. As you can imagine, some of the bigger tanks aren't much good at hiding and no bush is going to hide their massive size. Each tank also has its own weakpoints. Shooting the front armor of a heavy tank is pretty silly, shooting the back or the treads is much smarter! Aiming is manual, and your reticle is color coded depending on where on the tank you're aiming. Green means you've got a damn good chance to penetrate armor (usually every tank's treads are pretty vulnerable, for example), Yellow means you might penetrate, and Red means you better try aiming somewhere else unless you like wasting ammo. Armor slope isn't taken into consideration. If a vehicle has sloped armor, and a shell hits it at a bad angle, it has a high chance to bounce off and not penetrate.

I think that about covers the combat mechanics at a glance.. on to the Garage

The Garage

The Garage is where you outfit, research, and buy your tanks. Each nation has a tech tree with tanks leading to other tanks. As Germany, you can't get into a Panther II (tier 9 Medium tank) without researching the Panther. Or a King Tiger without researching the Tiger. The dependancies are not always linear, and the trees can jump around. For example, the German Pz III medium tank can lead either to Pz III/IV tank which continues down to the Panther II, or to the Pz IV which continues down to heavy tanks and ends at the Maus. You're never excluded from what you can pilot, as long as you have the time, xp, and credits you can unlock every vehicle in the game. So even though you mostly pilot Russian tanks there's nothing stopping you from starting to work on the USA tech tree.

Each tank has its own research tree, where you can unlock various components. These are generally better treads, better engines, better radios, better turrets, and better guns. You get a "stock" tank when you buy one fresh from the store, and you use XP earned in battles while in that tank, or Free XP, to research upgrades. After you research an upgrade, you are able to buy it and fit it to your tank (assuming you meet the requirements, weight and turret type if mounting a weapon).

Treads - improve your maneuverability and load limit.
Engine - improves your top speed.
Radio - gives you a larger radio range so you can relay contact information and receive contact information from allies. If you're out of radio range, you can't see what they see on the minimap.
Turret - usually bigger turrets are needed to fit the bigger guns available for a tank, and they also tend to have more armor.
Gun - self explanatory. Most tanks have more than one gun that they can mount. The StuG III Tank Destroyer can either mount a highly accurate 75mm cannon for good long range shots, or a very inaccurate 105mm cannon that deals massive damage if it does hit, instead.

You need credits to buy the part after you've unlocked it, and you also need credits to repair your tank after a battle and buy more ammo. 

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BolSW2zPQwo?hd=1

That about covers it, I think. I'm having quite a bit of fun with the game, and will definitely play it on launch.

+527 Karma | 54 Replies
February 9, 2011 1:17:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Intresting.  It certainly seems much less 'FIRE EVERYTHING!' than other mmos that i can think of that are similar.  (Star Trek Online, ACE online) will have to try it out when it comes out.

February 9, 2011 1:34:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's in open beta now, you can try it whenever you want at http://www.worldoftanks.com 

February 9, 2011 1:46:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When you get a good match, this game is fun. When you get a bad one, this game is frustrating.

The game is set with tanks from 1930s to 1955 and includes many prototypes that never made it into production to fill out the tech trees. It's not a simulator.

There are a few downsides though. Once you get about halfway up the tech tree, it gets really grindy. Also at about that time, new stock tanks go from underperforming to outright gimping your team. This game is heavily RNG dependent, and matchmaking can be screwy at times. They're slow at fixing bugs and imbalances. They actually managed to make higher tiered artillery frustrating for both the artillery player and their target.  It can be unbalanced in the upper tiers. (Forget everything you've ever heard about German tanks being tough...)

There will be tanks that you love and want to keep as you go up the tree, and also tanks you hate that you want to get rid of as soon as possible.

Still, the game manages to be fun more often than not. I've put in over 1250 matches so far. I will also play after release (Set for early February.) though sadly I won't be paying any cash on it.

A few things to add to above:

There are gold ammo and consumables that can give a considerable edge, though if you play more than  few games a day, that can get expensive fast. Also, you can use gold to train your crew from starting 50% effectiveness to 100% which makes a big difference. Although the battle-earned credits can be used to train them to 75% and they do gain experience slowly in each battle. Out of battle, gold is used to buy new slots for additional tanks in your garage.

For the most part, premium is a fairly low value if you don't intend to play with friends. You don't need it to buy any other gold stuff nor does it come with any. It's a 50% boost to earned exp and credits in a match.

A French tree and revisions to USA and Russian trees are in the works currently, but there's no ETA. British and Japanese trees are planned to go in eventually as well.

For tanks with more than one gun, they say they are working on a system to allow multiple guns to work.

You do have limited ammo, and that also costs credits, so you generally don't want to spam everywhere. Most tanks carry more than enough ammo for any match though.

February 9, 2011 4:08:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lack of Russian Land Battle ship is depressing.

So, the teams are completely random with no skill/level balancing mechanism?  herm... also kinda depressing.

Will players be reset when the game comes out?

February 9, 2011 4:29:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Players will be reset. Teams are balanced by tanks. Each tank has a certain point weight and teams are made so the total points match up between the teams, out of all the tanks that are queued. Artillery uses its own mechanism, but generally the teams are made with even numbers of artillery +/- 1. This doesn't take into account individual skill levels, but it balances out the teams so that you don't have a team of all light tanks that can't kill anything, or a team of all heavy tanks that can barely move anywhere. It keeps a healthy number of all vehicle types in every match.

The actual max point value fluctuates based on who's queued when, but the teams are made even on points that way. 

February 9, 2011 5:23:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ya, see, no point in me starting a mmo if your going to be reset.

I have already done that once.... not fun.

February 9, 2011 7:21:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The only things MMO about it are the payment style and that it's hosted on a server. Beyond that, it's like any FPS.

February 11, 2011 9:45:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Been playing this a lot lately:

The good:
Teams are automatically chosen for a mix of artillery, tank destroyers and tanks, and also for correct tiers. (Tanks go from tier 1 to 10). This makes most matches relatively balanced, but not perfectly so - but certainly more balanced than you'd find on most regular servers.

The selection of tanks, tactics, upgrades etc. is rich and encouraging.

There's a strong sense of 'just one more match!'.

The bad:
If you like german tanks, this is the problem: The game assumes tank conflicts from 1938 to 1955. Germany, however, for natural reasons, stop manufacturing anything relevant in 1945. Thus Soviet and US tanks get a rathaer noticeable edge in some cases.

Artillery is seriously dangerous if you don't keep it in mind.

There's rampant accussations of developers having a Soviet bias. While I am not 100% sure of this, it can certainly look that way.

I'm Eisenengel there, hope to see you around.

February 12, 2011 5:08:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The problem with that is that higher tiers are easily gained by losing every battle. This means that those pedal heavy speedsters rush at the beginning and all die, leaving your team with no light tank support save myself. They should have a clear command structure within the ranks. I am tired of getting losses from triggerhappy rushers. 

February 13, 2011 1:05:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What they should do is have more higher tier light tanks so the poor Leopards don't get stuck as scouts in tier 8 matches and die whenever someone looks at them and sneezes in their general direction

February 13, 2011 9:12:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Point.

March 5, 2011 6:46:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Riise from the deeeeeeeead~

It seems like the USA's tank destroyer line is next to be added to the game. And unfortunately, none of the USA's tanks are from past 1946 or so, while the Soviet Union has tanks produced from 1947 onwards, so there is some discrepancy.

I thought I saw an Annatar11 on my team one match but I was afraid I was thinking of the wrong person D:

EDIT:

A really annoying aspect of the team's playerbase is that, if you are the highest tier tank, you're expected to carry the entire team by yourself and you get alot of harsh language directed your way if you don't. Just ignore those people, when they get high tier tanks they will understand it only gets more difficult ^^;;

March 6, 2011 9:57:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sadly, the current version is the release version according to the devs. (Or not, they've been throwing around lots of new info as time goes on. But this patch took forever and a day and release is in a couple weeks now.)

Love-Hate game. A bad match can leave you cursing the amazing stupidity of your teammates or the fact that your uber camo vehicle shines like a beacon to the other team on the other side of the map. On the other hand, a good game can leave you crowing about your victory as you mop of 5 or 6 tanks single-handedly. (My record is 8, and that's only cuz the ninth person ragequit an instant before my reload was up. Out of a 15 strong team.) Honestly, the majority of players just don't know how to use their tanks...

Yeah, spotting is bad, balance is non-existant, and grind is insane.

But I'm up to 1700 battles so far.

Oh, and my favorite tank is one that's completely underpowered for how it is in game. The Tiger. Seriously.

March 7, 2011 9:39:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought I saw an Annatar11 on my team one match but I was afraid I was thinking of the wrong person D:

Nope, if you saw an Annatar11 then that's me  

Sadly, the current version is the release version according to the devs. (Or not, they've been throwing around lots of new info as time goes on. But this patch took forever and a day and release is in a couple weeks now.)

Love-Hate game. A bad match can leave you cursing the amazing stupidity of your teammates or the fact that your uber camo vehicle shines like a beacon to the other team on the other side of the map. On the other hand, a good game can leave you crowing about your victory as you mop of 5 or 6 tanks single-handedly. (My record is 8, and that's only cuz the ninth person ragequit an instant before my reload was up. Out of a 15 strong team.) Honestly, the majority of players just don't know how to use their tanks...

Yeah, spotting is bad, balance is non-existant, and grind is insane.

But I'm up to 1700 battles so far.

Oh, and my favorite tank is one that's completely underpowered for how it is in game. The Tiger. Seriously

At least even if you lose you can still get a good amount of XP and Credits. Stupid teammates don't really piss me off as much as invisi-tanks shooting you constantly until you die and you can't do anything about it. That's why I invested in the repair kit on my T29, 25% faster repair because everyone loves tracking heavies. The balance isn't too terrible overall. Some Russian tanks shine a bit too much, but at the same time it'd be boring if every tank was statistically balanced. German tanks need a little better defined sniper role, Russian tanks could use a slight nerf to their agility or accuracy so they can't snipe almost as well as the German tanks and at least have to put themselves in more danger, stuff like that. 

And the Tiger isn't that bad! It's just not a front line tank, 'cause its armor is from a medium Once the gun mantlet is fixed (*crosses fingers*) it should be just fine, just gotta let other tanks go first, even mediums.

March 7, 2011 5:10:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As one person put it, the Tiger is a tier 6 tank with a load of hp and a high penetration gun. Also, they artificially reduced it's max speed from real life, same as the King Tiger. Also, the only tank the Tiger naturally faces that has trouble with it's armor is the Leopard light tank. Also, they've not stated anything about changes to the Tiger Is mantlet.

March 7, 2011 5:18:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, the max speed reduction is only I think 5-6 km/s or so, not too big of a deal. The way these maps are, it's very rare for any heavy tank to actually reach max speed, there are always hills to climb and very few maps have slopes down or level field long enough to accelerate to the max The mantlet was supposed to be improved in this last patch, but they decided to do it on the Maus first to see the impact.. so I dunno. Hopefully!

March 7, 2011 5:48:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

From 38 to 30, actually. More than 20%. The Tiger I actually gets a quite good engine in game, with good acceleration and hill climbing, just it can't reach a high speed. Last I heard on mantlets though, it was only the Maus, KT and JT getting changed.

March 10, 2011 10:26:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've tried the Tiger, T29, and IS, and I think the IS tank is the worst. You think the Tiger's front armor is bad? Well, you know it's bad so you don't go in situations where you need it as much as the IS does, and the Tiger has the accuracy to shoot from far away. The IS can't hit the broad side of a barn to save its life and its armor doesn't mean much more than a Tiger's due to the matchmaking.

I prefer T29 > Tiger >> IS.

Also, the King Tiger is everything you wished for in a Tiger except better. Except for the gun manlet, and engine fires from the front. But otherwise the King Tiger is AWESOME. Just don't run around thinking you're godlike and you should do fine. King Tiger has one of the highest view ranges so oftentimes you're going to be that invisible tank making someone rage

March 11, 2011 12:50:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That and the Tiger tanks also apparently double as lighthouses. And the fire and mantlet issues are pretty big since they pretty much negate the use of all that armor. (Yeah, I just burned to the ground in a single hit to my front armor, so I'm bitter. )

As for the IS, it's real good at hiding and has a big gun. They're hell up close thanks to the damage they deal. Even with the lower pen, it's got a real good HE shell. When those bloody things hit, it hurts.

March 11, 2011 9:31:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I do love my T29, but it does have trouble going toe to toe with Russian heavies up close. At a distance with the more inaccurate Russian guns, it's harder for them to hit the paper-thin hull of the T29. Up close, it's pretty easy.

March 12, 2011 8:09:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Planned release version patch notes (Expecting April release date)

World of Tanks v.0.6.4 preliminary patch notes:

• Added new vehicles: premium heavy Lowe and KV-5, intermediate KV-13 and Pz38NA, tier 8 SPGs: Object 261, GW-E serie, T-92.
• Full redesign of Maus collision model using “skirt” type of armor.
• Fixed collision models for IS-7, JagdPanther.
• Added new maps – Mountain Pass and Prairies.
• Visual redesign of Pagorki map.
• Gameplay redesign of Komarin map: reduced number of bushes near the bridges, added extra buildings on the central island for cover.
• Added extra checkpoints on tank models for more accurate visibility checks.
• Changed effect for credit and gold first aid kits, repair kits and fire extinguishers:
Credit repair kit will fix 1 chosen damaged module until the end of battle. Gold will repair all currently damaged modules until the end of battle.
You can put both repair kits on the same tank together.
First aid kits work similar to repair kits.
Credit fire extinguisher will extinguish fire immediately after you manually activate it – by pressing its button ingame.
Gold fire extinguisher will automatically extinguish fire 0.5 seconds after tank catches fire and will reduce chance of catching fire by 10%.
• Changed damage mechanics for tracks. You can damage tracks if you hit the leading or the rearmost wheel of the tank. It will be much more difficult to detrack it by hitting middle part of the tank.
• Reworked vehicle movement system – stucking at vertical surfaces and map borders is nearly completely eliminated. Reduced chance of stucking in terrain objects.
• Added first version of moving wrecks of destroyed vehicles.
• Fixed bug with SPG Object 212 gun mantlet that was able to absorb shells without losing durability.
• Fixed damage mechanics of certain open-topped SPGs during light collisions with other vehicles.
• Added an option to demount non-demountable equipment (like Rammer or Coated Optics) for 10 Gold.
• Added an option to transfer in-game gold to another player. For additional control of transfer special billing password is being used.
• Added an option to block voice messages from the player in battle and in hangar.
• Added an option to turn-off tank shaking during shooting/moving/stopping/being hit in sniper mode. Default setting is shaking on.
• Added an option to remove tracks prints.
• Added an option to turn off smoke and dust off the tank tracks.
• Added detailed options for voice chat: selection of audio device, voice test and other options.
• Fixed bug with client freeze when joining company/platoon in case of voice ports being blocked.
• Added new tab Clan for Contacts window, including the list of clan members.
• Added visual diplay of “speaking players” in Training Room, Platoon and Company, Map Loading screen.
• Added additional star icon on the tank that did not gain double experience for the current day.
• Minimap remade into flash like the other interface . Added icons for different tank types. Added colored icons of different colours for tanks in player’s platoon.
• Added additional markers above tanks in player’s platoon.
• Added additional statistics window displayed when player’s tank is destroyed.
• Fixed great amount of rendering bugs, improved efficiency of high-quality dynamic shadows.
• Added control for color, brightness and display time for tracer effects depiction.

Planned for v.0.6.4, but currenty in development:

• Reworking visibility/camouflage of all vehicles and guns.
• Lowered memory usage. Fixing Red Textures bug on PC with big amount of RAM (> 2 GB).
• Specific balance weight for 9th tier Medium tanks.
• Fixing discrepancy between sniper and arcade crosshairs in case vehicle is positioned on a slope.
• New post-battle statistics.

Note 1. The list of changes is not full.
Note 2. v.0.6.4 is very likely to be the release version.

ETA - to be announced.

Source:  

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/30551-world-of-tanks-v064-update/page__pid__428536#entry428536

March 12, 2011 9:39:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, I'm hoping to get at least a few games where my Tiger II doesn't have laughable armor all over thanks to the mantlet.

March 13, 2011 6:57:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Interesting ... I'll have to check this out!!!

March 24, 2011 6:52:22 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Release date has been officially announced as April 12th.

Heaviest tanks I've got is KV-3, Tiger, JagdPanther, and Hummel... so far I think I've liked tier 5 tanks best, though.

March 24, 2011 9:41:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've narrowed my starting line to either German mediums, all the way to Panther 2, or German TDs. Still dunno which I want to do first, though leaning to Mediums because they do have some bad ones (looking at you Pz III/IV and 3001P), and it would be good to get those out of the way while the majority of the matches won't be high tier, especially for the 3001P. 

For German heavies I plan to stop at the King Tiger, don't really have an interest in the Maus or Ausf. B.

Eventually I'm looking at either IS-7 or T30, though.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.