The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

"cannot submit an empty..."

By on February 8, 2011 5:45:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Clawdius_Ta...

Join Date 06/2010
+2

For some reason, using Chrome, the forums seem to think that no matter how much I type into the "quick reply" box, the reply is null. Strangely, I cannot even get to any other type of reply screen. While often times quoting someone on forums gives you the ability to get to something other than quick reply, here it seems I am now stuck without the ability to reply to anyone on the forums. It is quite frustrating to be afflicted with some mind boggling bug that disallows me the privilege of responding to any thread on the forum.

Also, when I typed all of this into a new thread in Chrome, I was also given the same garbage reply about having written nothing.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 8, 2011 11:33:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you have Firefox try responding with that. Also if you have any addons such as NoScript, Ghostery or AdBlock these have been known to interfere with replies. If you do disable them in your browser then try responding again. If it works then enable each one in turn until you find the one causing it. Hope this helps.

February 8, 2011 12:29:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's strange. I use Chrome, and the Forums work fine for me (well, as well as the forums CAN work, heh). Yes, this reply was posted using quick reply, and I'm in Chrome. Perhaps like Uvah said, you maybe have a plugin that is messing with it? I have AdBlock running too, so it can't be that...

February 8, 2011 3:18:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use Firefox with NoScript & AdBlocker and have never had a problem with either of those preventing me from posting anything. Although sometimes I wish it had stopped me.

February 9, 2011 10:34:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmmm, I suppose it must have to do with the program Privoxy, that I use to block annoying advertisements, I had given this some thought but given that Internet Explorer let me post and Chrome didn't (even though both should be being redirected through privoxy) made me think that there must be some other underlying cause. I suppose it's Occam's Razor at work, and I should've known that Privoxy was what was making it impossible to post on this forum.

February 9, 2015 8:21:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Clawdius_Talonious,

I suppose it's Occam's Razor at work, and I should've known that Privoxy was what was making it impossible to post on this forum.

Yep...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: