The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Detailed Statisics Mod

By on January 31, 2011 9:42:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK since mithy has made alot more of the ingame statisics availiable to the ui, I would like to start to create a new mod which takes advantage of this.

I think i would the statistics to be viewable without having to open up your hero tab and would look something like: (photoshopped image)

This would include statistics like: 

Evasion

Mana and health regen

Magic Resistance

Any other suggestions/ideas/ modifications on this concept you would like to see?

+47 Karma | 9 Replies
January 31, 2011 10:15:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would take anything you could add, tbh... create it in an ugly form and then publish as is... we can drop useless stats later perhaps... I spent about 2 hours toying around with this the other day and got no where. 

If you do want to do some brainstorming, I'd be happy to help.  See if you can figure out everything we could possibly show. 

January 31, 2011 10:24:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^ mithy any help here would be great (you did the ui sync and know what has been able to be shown with the ui). lol

@pacov : OK, do you like positioning/size?

February 1, 2011 1:13:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

boom - from another of miri's posts tonight

- EnergyAdd
- EnergyLeech
- AbsorptionMult
- SplashMult and SplashMult2
- DamageRadius and DamageRadius2
- MagicResistance
- MissChance
- Invincible
- StunImmune
- DebuffImmune
- BountyGivenMod
- BountyReceivedMod

February 1, 2011 1:25:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

side note - exx - you think you can figure this out as is?  You are much more experienced than me... happy to try to wrap my head around it and assist, but I'm probably better served for feedback and testing.

In my mind - phase 1 - show me you can display any of the new stats in any sort of fashion.

Stage 2 - sort out the interface and determine what looks best - should we have some specific stats added to the rollover (also, does this screw us a bit as we MUST use uberfix then)?  Would we be better off just releasing this as a standalone mod and just focus on the player with the mod installed?  IDK.  Anyway, I know I'd love to be able to see my base DPS at a glance and definitely evasion.  Everything else is gravy. 

What I don't want is to have to click on a few menus to see my base speed, etc.  The ideal implemention of what they currently have (mini display) would auto-pop at the start of the game and show EVERYTHING useful that you can't see in the main ui. 

February 1, 2011 2:15:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I might eventually be able to work on this a bit, but I'm burning out just finishing up this next uberfix release.  We'll see.

The list the pacov posted is for the 1.04 release.  I'll put up a test release tonight that will enable all of those things.

February 1, 2011 3:32:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

already got position sorted now just working on getting it to show the info that i want and size.

I think that if all goes well i might be able to whip up a basic version of this in the next 5-6 hours.

February 1, 2011 5:00:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok after about 3 hours of frustration i am giving up on this for a couple of days. Damn ui is not like other parts of the code. either it imports or it doesnt and it wont give you much of a hint on what is going wrong.

February 1, 2011 12:30:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you mean clicking the minimize button on the hero tab?

February 1, 2011 6:55:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no i want to make this so that it displays stats all the time in a new window that sits to on the bottom right of the screen.

Methinks this could take a while cause the ui code is vastly different from what i have modded before (even the shop tabs)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.