The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I think I'm going to host 'no Oak, pls' games

By on January 26, 2011 12:59:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dlarimit

Join Date 10/2010
+20

After this match: http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1615776/player/121483/

We were leading 7:0 in kills and were +1-3 levels ahead all the time :/ We have even killed both the UB and the Oak when they locked our portal. Didn't change the outcome. The Oak just kept chain-locking, nothing could be done about it. Shield III is cheesy to the extreme and requires zero skill when used in conjunction with lock/tp. Old news, sure enough. It just sucks to lose to a team that performed significantly weaker because of one ridiculously OP skill even a mentally retarded 5 y. o. kid can be hugely successful with. That's what really needs to be balanced, not Reg's mines. Some people talk about a skilled DA as a counter to Oak's Shield III whoring. Well, I don't carry a skilled DA pokemon with me 24/7, sorry. It's like saying: Spit basically does no damage, since Erb can always Mist it.

Now, srsly, I'm not going to host no-Oak games, that's just not me. If people think they absolutely need that epitome of cheapness in order to win a match, let them, I guess.

PS: Ppap thinks we lost because gold income was set to High (obviously, settings left from some session I joined). I beg to differ. The guys could have pulled it off even with Normal income. Okay, so we would have an even greater economical advantage, but they could always sell gear to get catas and giants, ninja the portal successfully ONCE, then chain-lock, and since Sed has no AoE -- gg.

Locked Post 29 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2011 1:11:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you not chain lock with sed?

January 26, 2011 3:13:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if Oak has a fetish with your portal, go get his. If you were that well geared compared to him, it should have been trivial. 

January 26, 2011 4:10:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@brash:

Can you not chain lock with sed?

You can, theoretically, but the difference between Sed and Oak is she gets pounded on by big bad UB and Oak while doing it, while Oak can lock, then probably run away. 

@hedgie:

If you were that well geared compared to him, it should have been trivial. 

Ppap was extremely well-geared, I had an okayish kit (bought cit upgrades & creeps, that kind of asymmetry is fully justified when paired with a UB, I think). You are probably right, we f***ed up miserably after that double kill. Should have taken their portal, and that's it. Another objective difficulty was my lack of AoE... Ahhh, never mind me. Just pissed off, because it seems so unfair - making ONE mistake per match and paying for it a much higher price that those guys did for their dozen.

January 26, 2011 6:12:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

XvX Rand ass Mid + 

I get the frustration though. 

January 26, 2011 9:06:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, well, nvm. Let's just say Oak punishes portal mistakes a bit too severely in 2v2. Personally, I think I would be embarrassed after such a 'skilled' victory, but it's a bit idiotic to say he shouldn't have chain-locked it. He's an Oak, goddamit! What else should he do?

January 26, 2011 9:31:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ppapa was right IMO, high gold helps Oak chainlock game tremendously since its that much easier for him to get journeyman's. Without his booties, he has to walk up to your portal (slowly!) and lock, instead of porting in and running.  Much easier to take your portal back in normal games methinks.

January 27, 2011 2:21:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Much easier to take your portal back in normal games methinks.

Yes, that much is undeniably true. Still, they could sell everything but J-Treads and Boots of Speed for creeps (you don't need to stack hp when you chain-lock w/ Oak)... Honestly, first time this shameless exploit actually works vs my team (I mostly play 3v3, where it's much easier to counter portal ninjas). It's like losing your virginity

February 9, 2011 7:20:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Um simple solution,  push his portal and their damage flag.  You can do this with erebus stun,  sedna silence, rook stun and tb ice nova at their lvl 3s  so just excluding oak wont make a difference if you are just deterring flag chain locking.

February 9, 2011 11:55:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, I'm better at blocking annoying Oaks now in 2v2  In 3v3, that's rarely an issue. Still, a freaking pain in arse in 2v2. The guy can be terrible, but you get distracted from watching your portal like a hawk ONCE, and you are into a lot of trouble.

June 2, 2011 8:18:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with the rustration, but yes there is still a chance to turn around a game by ninja that portal and chain lock it.... I suppose thats why we never give up even when losing... as for Oak I cannot play with Oak for shit... I geuss I should try him I've never  used oak. But I've smashed many an oak player....except oo7_warhammer his oak is NASTY.

Oh, and I've lost a few winning games by not watching out for portal grabs like a HAWK!

July 12, 2011 7:49:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can somebody tell me, what's the point which that shield?

As far as the skill discription says, shield should only negate damage and not any effects. But it seems to me, you cannot slow, interrupt or stun a shielded person even if the skill is not at his maximum (where the description is that shielded DG gets totally immunity).

So can I with Sedna silence an Oak when he is shielded (compared both Skilllevel 3 and 5)? Or are their an other usefull skills?

And what is the way to counter Oak with DA?

Thanks for any replies!

July 12, 2011 8:01:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Plaguewraith,
And what is the way to counter Oak with DA?

You swap a shield porting oak. Requires a small amount of timing coordination. Its not going to stop the lock but may get the kill. Also as da you end up at the other end of the map (for cata anyway) and can warp quickly to their portal flag and try and cap - 2 birds with 1 stone as to speak... This also forces 1 of oaks teammates to make their way back to that flag - so in 2v2 it is quite deadly.

July 12, 2011 9:21:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You don't have to end up on the other side of the map with DA, you wait like 1 second and then go, interrupts the port and you're still there for the kill.  If you end up on the other side of the map it means you waited too long.  

July 12, 2011 10:02:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ahhh,,,

It only interrupts the port if shield has worn off. If you don't time it to so that you start swap prior to port and finish casting after he has tele'd it doesn't gain you anything. The oak will just swap places with you and then port back to wherever. That's why it's the only real counter once shield has been cast.

July 12, 2011 10:07:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope, if it doesn't interrupt the port that means you went too soon, there's a very small window.

July 12, 2011 10:11:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are you suggesting that once oak has shielded that swap can interrupt a tele scroll? I think you are talking about unshielded...

July 12, 2011 10:25:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe it's for characters other than Oak, I know you can interrupt a tele without porting to the other side of the map though, I've done it 1 Billion times.

July 12, 2011 10:33:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol...

Yeah of course cos swap is an interrupt - like any other interrupt. You can interrupt anything with it - pots etc.. 

I'm talking about once an oak has shielded - as discussed above. So.... if you time it right you can bring the oak back to where he started the tele when he was shielded- and then he can be killed by teammates. Done it loads of times its great, and surprising to the oak who thinks he is invincible.

July 12, 2011 10:36:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just to get that clear for me:

With shield 3 your`re totally immune to anything? Just like the Shield 5 skill description says?

And I just got aware that shield 3 lasts 6 seconds... I have thought it would be 5, because shield 1 is 3 seconds, so shield 2 is 4 and so on... so  enough for savely lock and teleport.

July 12, 2011 10:53:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes shield3 is invulnerable - hence the discussion about counters.

July 12, 2011 11:11:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/378488   

This guy's english is a little off but I'm pretty sure he's trying to get at the same thing I was.  You have me not believing myself but I'm pretty sure I've seen shield 3 blocked before without DA going to the crystal.  

July 12, 2011 11:20:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok I would have to see the replay to justify this but I think its likely the shield ran out and interrupted the tele. But fair enough if it's a bug.

The 0.3s cast is on the front side of shield can also be interrupted with swap but is just lucky if you time it. But you can do it same as any other int.

July 12, 2011 11:29:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,
yes shield3 is invulnerable - hence the discussion about counters.

Pretty lame!

I think I'm going to host "No Oaks" games.

July 12, 2011 5:23:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well... If only Oak's shield worked as intended, it wouldn't be such a problem. Levels 1 and 2 of shield grant damage immunity and not intended debuff removal. Level 3 should grant damage immunity + remove debuffs, not become immune to any debuffs. Level 4 same as level 3 + small heal. Level 5 is pretty much the same as level 4 so it is pointless as you've already got immune to everything, while it should be the real shield, which lets you use shield + tp combo without any interruption. Also, this wasn't fixed in uberfix. If shield worked as intended, then  shield + tp combo would be available only since level 15 with max level of shield. So wouldn't happen in every game. In most actually.

July 12, 2011 5:35:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, too bad Uberfix doesn't fix that. Maybe it was too difficult or the programmers just was out of ambitions.

Another balance thing would be shield 3 to last 5 sec. I don't get why it is 3/4/6 sec... Maybe the same reason with QoT SW 3 cooldown.

Some things are really annoying!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: