The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] Enhanced UI

By on January 23, 2011 9:57:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

Disclaimer

This mod is a collection of several talented modders work.  Credit is provided to the original modders here, in the readme.txt, and in the mod_info.lua file.  If any modders object to having their work included in this combined mod, please contact me and I will remove your mod from the package.

What's the point of the mod?

The purpose of this mod is to provide the most commonly used user interface (UI) mods in a single package.

Why make a mod?

The mod exists simply for convenience sake and to enable new players to quickly get the best UI mods with minimal effort.

What mods are included in this package?

- Always visible health mana xp text by gunblob.  This mod makes your health and mana meters always show the text value of your hp as well (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369556)
- Bman's Godlike Team Panel v1.2.3 by bman654.  This creates an overlay menu showing your teammates stats (hp/mana) (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369937)
- Bman's Rampaging Minion Overlay 0.6 by bman654.  This creates an overlay menu showing minion stats (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370227)
- Rollover Ally Info v1.4.5 by Chirmaya (1.4.5 updated by pacov).  This enables you to move your mouse over a player on your team and see what items they have.  Very useful for knowing if a teammate has a sigil, etc. (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/400449)
- Enhanced Squelch/Chat v1.0 by Miriyaka. 
This mod simplifies the in game squelch/muting system and provides enhancements to the chat system.  (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/409561)

How do I use the mod?

Download the mod and run the installer.  Then, use the Demigod Mod manager to enable the mod. As this is a UI mod, all players DO NOT need to have this mod installed for you to use it.

Where can I download the mod?

http://www.box.net/shared/x44kd2svku

Revision history

v1.03
- Added the enhanced squelch/chat mod by mithy

v1.02
- Added a new updated health mana xp text mod

v1.01
- Added the updated health and mana text mod

v1.0
- Initial release

http://www.box.net/shared/01rblvf7b7
Locked Post 17 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 23, 2011 9:57:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

January 24, 2011 1:39:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And side note, if its not clear - if you already have the 4 mods I list in the OP, you don't need this.  This mod is ideal for folks (like me) that just want to load 1 mod and have everything they need OR for new players.  My current mod list for the vast majority of my games is now "Enhanced UI."  I've done quite a bit of testing on this new mod and it checks out (eg I had to modify a few of bman's mods to point to the new enhanced ui folder, but that's about it). 

If you download my combined mod package (eg the one that includes favormod, etc), you will have this mod as well.  Its up to you to use if you want or not. 

January 24, 2011 5:00:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woop, a bit late, but if you add something like this to the mod_info.lua:

Code: c++
  1. conflicts = {
  2.     "71cf89f0-c73d-4000-bc09-380ba4918421", --chirmaya's rollover ally info 1.4.2
  3.     "48C629B6-09B1-11DC-9B89-F34356D89593", --sorian's health and mana text toggle
  4.     "56d681d0-5604-11de-8a39-0800200c9a66", --bman's godlike team panel
  5.     "6B861824-DB11-11DE-8E06-975856D89593", --bman's rampaging minion overlay
  6. }
..along with uids of other versions of these mods (these are just the four I had on my machine), it'll prompt you to auto-disable them when this mod is enabled.

January 24, 2011 9:00:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ooo - good tip.  I'll look into adding that and updating.  Thanks for a great tip. 

January 24, 2011 6:11:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tested and uploaded a new exe with the changes you suggested, miri.  Thanks!

June 7, 2011 7:33:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated to include the latest health and mana text mod.

June 10, 2011 12:45:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New version uploaded to include the latest health mana XP text mod. 

June 13, 2011 4:27:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We'll likely have a new version in the next few days that integrates an enhanced chat system and also enables you to squelch players much easier if they are running their mouths, etc.  Miri's been working on something that should be great and I'll be doing some testing.  If he's happy with the final product and all tests out ok, I'll integrate that mod here.

June 13, 2011 11:43:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you are just following this thread, read on over here and download the beta if you like:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/409561

I'll more than likely have an updated enhanced ui mod by the weekend.

June 17, 2011 3:32:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New version uploaded.  Adding this to the combined install package next.

v1.03
- Added the enhanced squelch/chat mod by mithy

June 18, 2011 3:58:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a reminder - you can get all of the most commonly used mods through the combined install package I created.  All you have to do is download that package, install, and then enable whatever you want in to dg mod manager.  Also see that page for a list of all of the best mods out there and a description. 

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399399

June 21, 2011 7:11:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a request, but it'd be nice to have a panel on-screen which shows the current warscore and level in the top right along with the conquest panel.

June 21, 2011 12:49:05 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Quitch,
Just a request, but it'd be nice to have a panel on-screen which shows the current warscore and level in the top right along with the conquest panel.

I tend to agree as there are several times during the game where I have to press tab to get the WS info, etc.  I was looking into doing this briefly (either through a new window or tacking it on somewhere - maybe even next to the XP bar info at the bottom of the screen.  Anyway, I've been spending all of my modding time working on the enhanced ai mod atm.  I expect I'll circle around to this as its an enhancement I want to see as well. 

June 22, 2011 5:27:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darkliath,
Another thing not related to that at all.

When watching replays, when I am in control of demigod and he dies, my screen menu starts to become weird. That skull of instead of demigod picture is kept for whole game, instead of only while it is dead. Also if I try to change controllable demigod, whole menu (skill icons, inventory button, etc) disappear. I know to avoid it only by changing view to somebody else, before death, but besides that, don't know... So if anyone knows what to do (disable/enable some mod?, etc?) If not, then no problems. I'll continue watching them, like I used to (that doesn't happen in neutral observer mode).

June 22, 2011 6:00:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When watching replay without any mods on, the problem still is. Maybe it doesn't occur so quickly, but it still does. The way I quickly create it is - have a replay with multiple deaths. When watching replay, be an observer of a demigod, who is going to die soon. When he dies, you see a red skull instead of his picture on bottom center. It could fix after revives if you switch view from demigod to demigod, but if you swich camera from dead demigod to any other and to observer. Whole bottom view can become weird. If it doesn't, repeat same steps with more dead demigods. Then frames of everything at the bottom start to disappear leaving only health, mana, exp bats and skills, item icons. Also a red skull in the middle even if that demigod is not dead. Everything else is gone (can see map instead). Repeat few more times and even skill icons and hp, mana, exp bars will be gone, leaving only red skull. It stays for a while even in observer mode, but then disappears. Any demigod is impossible to check skill cooldowns, active items, without going into menus with short keys, because it's impossible to get into them with the mouse (disappeared buttons). I actually cannot remember since when I saw such behavior... maybe since the very beginning, when replays were implemented... Because I always had such problem, but never bothered with it much. I wonder if others experienced it though, as somehow it seems that not that much

December 28, 2011 8:00:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your box.net acct is out of bandwidth.

December 28, 2011 8:12:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just download it using the combined installer - use the media fire link.  See here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/412017

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000593   Page Render Time: