The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Question in multi (... ms)?

By on January 23, 2011 10:25:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

chaoswar

Join Date 12/2009

Hello, I am a beginner, and noob player in Demigod. I want to play in multi mode because in single mode the AI is not really good and not really strong, I think.

But when I join in an "All Wellcome" type game, I see that every player has a number, like "254 ms" next to their nick names. But next to my nickname, there isn't any number. Well, I don't know exactly what is this number, and why I cannot see it next to my name ?  (sorry for my bad english)

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 23, 2011 1:58:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The number next to your name is ping.  That measures the response time from your computer to other players in the game.  Your ping to yourself is actually 0. 

If you'd like to make the ai better, check out these mods:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399399

January 23, 2011 5:11:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanx for the information, I installed the UberFix. Later I will install the other mods too.

January 24, 2011 6:24:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is SIM speed you get in the game?

January 24, 2011 8:59:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting KingBingo,
What is SIM speed you get in the game?

I think there is another thread (somewhere out there anyway) that goes into quite a bit of detail re: sim speed and an explanation, but here's a really simplified version.  Sim speed is a number that represents how well your computer is running demigod.  On weaker pc's it is a lower number.  If sim speed ever hits a negative number, it will impact all players in the game by causing slowdown for everyone. You'll often see sim speeds drop a little bit late game when giants or catapults are used as more processing power is required wiht more units on the map. 

January 24, 2011 2:25:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

You'll often see sim speeds drop a little bit late game when giants or catapults are used as more processing power is required wiht more units on the map. 

Thanks.

Is this why some players start bitching like their arse is on fire is a UB takes plague, extra processor work end game. 

January 24, 2011 2:53:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is this why some players start bitching like their arse is on fire is a UB takes plague, extra processor work end game.

Something like that.  It's somewhat strange though.  Folks with lower end pc's or some particular graphics card cause quite a bit of lag when plague is used.  I don't think it drops sim speed to 0, but it does make the game crawl.  That's pretty much the exception to the rule.  My pc doesn't struggle with the plague issue, but others do (at least a few guys in omg), so I don't get plague ever.

January 27, 2011 1:04:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sim speed is a funny one, You can have sim speeds in the negitive numbers but the game will not lag. Lag comes from connections between people, sim speed has to deal with a persons hardware.

I have played a few games with -1, -2 sim speeds with no lag. It literally looks like Demigod in slow motion. Pretty funny stuff.

January 27, 2011 6:03:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have played a few games with -1, -2 sim speeds with no lag. It literally looks like Demigod in slow motion. Pretty funny stuff.

That's a good distinction, so thanks.  Yup - you can have - sim speed players where the game just goes super slo mo.  Anyway, the bottom line is -  you don't want to be negative sim speed and you probably won't enjoy playing a game with someone that has it. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000171   Page Render Time: