The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What to do if your mod doesnt work (ie aborts demigod when attempting to load)

By on January 23, 2011 12:15:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This happens to occur a fair bit and i have recieved several pms lately about this.

I dont know the cause however, if your having problems with one of the mods pls:

Delete the mods out of your mod folder:

...../Demigod/bindata/mods/

Redownload the mod

Re-install Mod

-------------------------------------------------

If this does not fix your problem feel free to post here or in the respective mod thread

Thankyou all 

Exx

+47 Karma | 4 Replies
January 23, 2011 2:45:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tracking

January 23, 2011 3:08:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know why this would happen, unless someone is manually extracting a mod into an additional folder, e.g.

/mods/FavorMod/FavorMod

instead of just

/mods/FavorMod

If this is the case, and the mod_info.lua is found in the inner folder inside the first one, the solution is as simple as pulling the inner folder out into the /mods folder and deleting the empty folder.  If they're named the same, you'll have to rename the outer folder to something else before moving the inner one out, e.g.

/mods/DeleteMe/FavorMod <-- then copy this folder back out into /mods and delete the (now empty) one that you renamed

In SC:FA, this would usually just cause the mod to not function, and any mod that depended on it to spew a bunch of errors.  I don't know why it would actually cause Demigod to crash.

Regardless, this should never happen when using an installer, unless the installer is doing something really wrong (not likely).

January 23, 2011 4:58:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no i dont think thats it, as everyone who reports this is able to activate the mods but they crash on loading

i think that zipping/unzipping creates small errors (dont ask me why) as this has occurred to me even in properly installed mods.

anyway, the OP method pretty much fixes 90% of the problems associated with this

January 24, 2011 4:39:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, you can actually select a mod that's installed into e.g. \mods\FavorMod\FavorMod.  It was like this in FA as well.  It would also cause tons of problems, but usually nothing crash-worthy.  This may just be a difference between the two games.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.