The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I cant fix my connection, please help........

By on January 14, 2011 5:52:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BananaMan1

Join Date 10/2009
+4

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with demigod in the way of my ping. It occasionally spike to well over 3000ms and is impossible to play as you can imagine. I am wondering if anyone can help caus people are starting to think im doing it on purpose. I checked the game log and even the game seems to think im cheat!!!

info: 00:32:54: Sending conn info
info: 00:32:54: INCIDENT: Received conn info from 87859:4 regarding 91475:5
info: 00:32:54: INCIDENT: Received conn info from 91475:5 regarding 87859:4
info: 00:32:54: INCIDENT 2 resolved
info: 00:32:54: >>>Entering CVPInterface::QuitGame()
warning: 00:32:54: Bloodnut is trying to cheat!
info: 00:32:55: >>>Exiting CVPInterface::QuitGame()
info: 00:32:55: >>>Entering CVPInterface::UpdateCharacterDataFromServer(87859)
info: 00:32:55: >>>Exiting CVPInterface::UpdateCharacterDataFromServer(87859)
info: 00:32:55: >>>Entering CVPInterface::GetUserPlayerData()
info: 00:32:55: >>>Exiting CVPInterface::GetUserPlayerData()

I have disabled my antivirus and firewall but it still does this. I even got rid of wireless and went on to ethernet cable!!

Oh yeah.... and ive also opened my ports.

Here are my connection stats

ADSL line status

Connection Information

Line state Connected
Connection time 3 days, 15:15:25
Downstream 928 Kbps
Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 13.4 dB / 9.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 66.4 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 1.6 dBm / 1.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 3116 / 154
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 94 / 59
HEC Errors (Down/Up) 255 / 42
Error Seconds (Local/Remote) 58 / 29

Any ideas guys what i can do?????

Reagards Jim

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 14, 2011 8:04:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey jim,

Happy to try to help you out.  In the meantime, in case we can't get you sorted, shoot an email to [email protected] and explain the issue again.  It can take them 48 hours or so to respond, so just heads up.

So... let's see.  The only time I've ever seen the "X is trying to cheat method" was if I had a modified dgdata.zip file.  This could be one that was modified or one on a different version than anyone else. 

That said, perhaps that message is caused by your ping issues directly as demigod constantly checks to see if there are changes in that file/checksum issues.  Could be that when you time out, it thinks you are cheating.  I haven't seen it happen that way in the past, but that could be the case.

Off the top of my head, I don't remember the upload/download requirements for demigod.  Seeing a high ping is often evidence of not enough bandwidth.  As a first step, host a 1v1 game and see if you still have the ping spike issues.  If not, then upload bandwidth is the culprit.  1v1 uses less bandwidth than 2v2, etc.  Anyway, give that a go and tell us if that's still happening. 

January 15, 2011 6:05:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thnks for replying Pacov,

I was thinking it might be my bandwidth am unsure. I am wondering if my ISP is throttling beacuse of the P2P connection demigod uses?

Anyway I have emailed Stardock and will try a 1v1 and 2v2 to see if I still spike

Will keep you informed

Regards Jim

January 15, 2011 1:18:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Bloodnut,
Thnks for replying Pacov,

I was thinking it might be my bandwidth am unsure. I am wondering if my ISP is throttling beacuse of the P2P connection demigod uses?

Anyway I have emailed Stardock and will try a 1v1 and 2v2 to see if I still spike

Will keep you informed

Regards Jim

good luck!  I'm still thinking the problem might be upload bandwidth related, but we'll see.  If you end up stuck playing single player for a bit while you hopefully get hings sorted, be sure to check out these mods:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399399

1 mod in particular makes the AI much better. 

This thread might help you with troubleshooting:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/345345

Here's another thread that discusses routers/modems with issues:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/355256

January 16, 2011 12:18:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well i played 2 3v3 games yesterday and i had a couple of spikes of around 400 but not for long. I was thinking if it was the game it should be happening all the time. So i think it might be my ISP throttling my connection.

Im gonna try again today and see if the same happens again.

Will keep you posted

Jim

January 28, 2011 5:18:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a quick update,

Have been emialing stardock with some results and system scan stuff so hopefully they will be able to find the problem in a week or so.

Will keep you posted

Jim

January 28, 2011 5:22:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good stuff.  Hope things get sorted out for you!

February 26, 2011 6:19:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hi pacov,

Well it lookng like im finally sorted with my ping. Been in contact with stardock and we have come to solution that my ISP is throttlingmy connection due to demigod running on 6000 ports. To check I signed up for a month with hidemyass.com (VPN) and i dont get anymore spikes. Onyl trouble is my ping is a little higher connecting through there servers so im gonna get onto my ISP and see if they can stop the throttling. If not, looks like ill have to sign up for a year with hidemyass anyways thanks for the help and hopefully now ill still be able to play like before

Regards Jim

February 26, 2011 12:08:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's great.  Your the first person I've heard of that has solved their connection problems using a VPN.  Just curious, but are you using a free version of that software?   I'll likely suggest this to folks in similar situations.  How bad is the overall ping increase going through the VPN?

February 27, 2011 6:55:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My ping has gone up by about 50ms as this is the ping i have to the closest server, so now I have about a 250ms, 300ms ping to everyone. Sometimes its 350ms but doesnt caus any lag.

I might try and connect to a server in central europe and see if my ping is better connecting to other players. I know my ping to the server will be higher be because there are quite a few player located in this region it might end up being a little lower.

I tried a months trial which was 11 dollars. But now im thinking of paying for a full years worth which is 78 dollars. Not bad really!!

March 4, 2011 11:21:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey BananaMan, i got some similar issues and i used several apps so far. For the past few days i get many disconnect and since yesterday i cannot even connect to anyone there.. is there any free trial of the app u use, cause i don't wanna spent more money in case it doesn't work... 

March 4, 2011 2:31:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There isn't a free version of that software at this time.  Kind of sucks, but you'd have to spend $11 for a 1 month trial to see if it works for you. 

It sounds like you already have, but I strongly suggest trying out other options first before you'd consider paying for something like this. 

If you haven't tried configuring your ports or aren't sure exactly what to do, please try out the monk's guide.  He wrote it some time ago for the DG community and it explains what you need to do really well:

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/387553

I don't believe bananaman had issues connecting to other users.  His issue is specifically related to ping spikes and apparently his ISP throttling the connection speed on those ports.  If you can't connect to other users period, that generally means a port issue.  For instance, if you ISP isn't allowing traffic on certain ports or if you have things configured incorrectly and are actually blocking the ports you need yourself. 

Anyway, I'd start with the monk's guide if you haven't.  While you are doing that, send off an email to [email protected] and explain the specifics of your connection problems.  And as a last resort, I'd say give the software bananaman is using a shot.  That software appears to allow you to bypass port limitations imposed by your ISP due to how their VPN works.  Good luck!

March 4, 2011 2:57:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi insidious,

As Pacov said my problem was down to spikes in ping while playing, not the fact i couldnt connect to anyone so sorry........

My advice to you is to set up your ports following monks guide and if your still having problems contact stardock direct. There very helpful and exhaust every possiblilty.

Let us know mate. Always good to have a few solved cases in the forums in case anyone is having trouble

Regards Jim

March 4, 2011 6:07:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It actually works, thanks guys... i bought the 1 month subscription plan and i can finally play properly..   

March 4, 2011 6:29:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting insidious_pressure,
It actually works, thanks guys... i bought the 1 month subscription plan and i can finally play properly..   

Great!  Sad you have to pay a little more dough to play, but I'm really glad this has worked out for 2 folks now! 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: