The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Armada 2526 question

By on January 14, 2011 4:51:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Has anyone played Armada 2526? Doesn't seem like there's a demo. It also seems like the game focuses on space combat. I'm looking for empire buidling more than battles in a game right now. Is my assumption correct?

+8 Karma | 6 Replies
January 14, 2011 7:09:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's got a much bigger empire building focus then say Sword of The Stars. You spend a fair amount of time micromanaging your colonies. I actually thought combat was the big weak point of the game, but just my opinion.

It's actually based very strongly on the extremely old game called Armada 2525. It manages to capture a lot of the things that made that game fun but I still didn't really like it that much.

January 14, 2011 9:37:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Check out my topic about ST: Birth of the Federation if you are looking for a empire building game. Plenty of micromanagement there

And the battles are fun as well and easy to learn and play.

January 14, 2011 6:00:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TorinReborn,
Check out my topic about ST: Birth of the Federation if you are looking for a empire building game. Plenty of micromanagement there

And the battles are fun as well and easy to learn and play.

I posted there already. I've played it a lot. The memory leak causing time between turns to slow to a crawl ruins the game.

January 14, 2011 10:50:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Never played it, but from what I've heard it's GalCiv with bad tactical combat.

You could try Distant Worlds, it's really been scratching the 4X empire building itch for me. Kind of hard to describe though, it's kind of like a good version of MOO3 with some Space Rangers thrown in.

January 15, 2011 2:47:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting the_dingle,
Never played it, but from what I've heard it's GalCiv with bad tactical combat.

You could try Distant Worlds, it's really been scratching the 4X empire building itch for me. Kind of hard to describe though, it's kind of like a good version of MOO3 with some Space Rangers thrown in.

Been thinking about it, ty for suggestion.

January 15, 2011 3:05:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have the game. It's not that much of a builder, and neither is GalCiv. All you have is a few buildings, and a tech-tree to develop things (ships buildings etc).

The game(s) are combat focused, but there are planetary things to watch out for. Happiness, environment etc etc, it's not much if you are looking for a "building" game.

Naturally you can take a diplomatic path to win, but it's not very satisfying, and you still will need to develop battle ships etc to protect your planets.

I would suggest having a look at Light of Altair. 

I personally LOVE Armada 2526, it's an outstanding game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.