The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

No-minion Erebus

(viable or...)

By on January 13, 2011 2:34:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dlarimit

Join Date 10/2010
+20

Is it possible to play Erebus like this? I mean, yeah, I've won a few games w/ this build, but those were noob/mid, so no idea...

1. Bite 1

2. MC 1

3. Mist 1

4. Bite 2

5. BS 1

6. MC 2

7. Bite 3

8. MC 3

9. SAVE

10. Bite 4 / BS 2

11. MC 4

12. Mist 2

13. Mist 3

14. Mist 4

15. Bloody Haze

16. Muddle

17. BS 3

18. PB 1

19. PB 2

20. Vampiric Aura

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 13, 2011 3:02:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1 point in Coven adds a huge amount of DPS for 0 mana and 0 upkeep. 

I would only not get one point in Coven if you were playing a very high AoE team (TB/Occ). Even against Queen Coven is useful because of Bite + Nightcrawlers breaking shields quickly. 

That said, it's not necessary to get multiple points of Coven against most matchups. 

January 13, 2011 4:39:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aha, I see. Basically, it adds 4 vampires and +6 vampire damage. Yes, it's probably well worth it.

January 13, 2011 4:42:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is basically one of the builds I use for Erebus. If you don't need to do a whole lot of DPS having higher levels of mass charm early is very nice for support play. It just really depends on your teammates DG's/playstyles and your opponents DG/playstyles but over all going Coven is a much safer place to go with Erebus. If you ever need to see some rediculous erebus play watch any replay with Renz playing erebus and how patient and perfect he plays using Coven.

January 13, 2011 4:47:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks, Cow! I can easily drop 3 final skills in this build and get Coven I-III instead (much earlier than 18-20, of course). But I really need to watch some good Ereb replays to see how to play those minions efficiently.  

January 13, 2011 5:11:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=168669

this is a 1v1 my UB vs Renz's erebus. Its not the exact way renz plays in 3v3 or 2v2's but its a very effective way to play vs UB. This game was insanely close.

January 13, 2011 6:49:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My erb build does not get coven anymore.  Its not a bad ability for the extra dps, but if I HAVE to get mist early, then I choose that.  Otherwise I just max out bite/stun faster and skip coven.  You can get bs2+stun4 at ten this way.  Comes down to play style, like many builds, though. 

January 14, 2011 1:51:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like Erb much more than Oak. He's much less annoying. Yes, very safe and survival-oriented, but no silly crap like invincible Shield III + whatever. Yeah, yeah, a good DA in a non-laggy match can counter this somewhat, as well as a good Sedna, but there is, like, 1 DA/Sedna per 10 matches I play. Plus, Sednas aren't usually all that good (= use Silence in weird ways). So if I am playing a safe DG, I want to feel I contribute to his being safe somewhat (well, at least by precise mana calculations), and it's not just the inherent properties of his skills that make him idiotically untouchable. 

January 14, 2011 2:46:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is how ereb used to be played back before shadow made it known and the minion ai was horribad.

January 14, 2011 7:29:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Re-thought it a bit. I use Mist only to rinse negative effects, so no need to invest in it so heavily 12-15. Bloody Haze bonus sounds nice in theory if you need to help the ganked teammate, but I find myself just porting in, Mass Charming, then Biting the fastest pursuer, and either Bat Swarming the hell out of there or staying to fight the gankers. No Mist involved in any scenario. My Erb-fighting experience also tells me that Erbs that tend to use Mist as an escape mechanism are usually brutally raped by the whole opposing team after their mana runs out. PB tree at least gives a nice hps bonus and +10% life steal in 20 y radius. Dunno, maybe I'm totally wrong on this one, and Erb's skill is measured by his ability to use Mist efficiently, blah-blah-blah...   You tell me if that's the case, yes? 

1. Bite 1

2. MC 1

3. Mist 1

4. Bite 2

5. BS 1

6. MC 2

7. Bite 3

8. MC 3

9. SAVE

10. Bite 4 / BS 2

11. MC 4

12. PB 1

13. PB 2

14. SAVE

15. Muddle / Vampiric Aura

16. BS 3

17-20. Either Mist tree or Coven tree, whatever will please doggu more!

January 14, 2011 8:49:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My Erb-fighting experience also tells me that Erbs that tend to use Mist as an escape mechanism are usually brutally raped by the whole opposing team after their mana runs out.

mist should be used like you describe just from dropping effects.  Its kind of a last ditch resort if you have to cast it in a battle.  The only other strategic use is cast it early in a 3v3 battle or so when the other team is going to want to keep pushing.  Make sure you are in front, take a little bit of damage, then mist forcing them to attack a different dg.  Unmist and attack the dg with the lowest hp.  Not exactly something to do all the time, but a good alternate use.

January 14, 2011 10:05:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not exactly something to do all the time, but a good alternate use.

Indeed, thank you. Allows for interesting mind games, especially if the battle involves some Rooooooooooooks (=highly impaired vision/reaction time).

January 17, 2011 6:55:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've found myself dropping Mist altogether, unless facing some obvious long-term debuffers: UB or Ice TB. I get 1 point in Coven instead, +4 vampires is very nice (Hedgie's wisdom is unmatched, blah-blah-blah). Whom else should I keep Mist against? Maybe certain Reg builds?

January 17, 2011 12:17:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've found myself dropping Mist altogether, unless facing some obvious long-term debuffers: UB or Ice TB.

Yeah.  UB is the number 1 reason I pick up mist if I do.  Actually, ub is the only reason I ever pick up mist. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: