The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fallen Enchantress Team

By on January 12, 2011 4:43:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

With the changes over the past few months I thought you folks might like to know everyone’s roles on Fallen Enchantress.  Names and roles are listed below in no particular order.  This list isn’t comprehensive, there are a lot of hard working people in the marketing, business dev, audio, IT and publishing areas that aren’t covered.  It also isn’t intended to be taken too seriously.  Many of the people also work on other tasks and aren’t as strictly assigned as this list may imply.

Bradley “Frogboy” Wardell (Executive Producer and Product Manager)- Brad defines the budget, approves scope and makes sure we get our paychecks.  He also writes our AI.

Derek "Kael" Paxton (Lead Producer and Lead Designer)- Design, scheduling, stopping scope creep, setting priorities, being a general butthead.

Toby “Kestral2040” Sarnelle (Associate Producer)- Toby does a lot of design work as well as managing the schedule.  His job is to do cool stuff that I take credit for.

Jon Shafer (Designer and Programmer)- Jon is focusing on modability and the campaign.  Jon’s job is to take the blame for the things I do wrong.

Paul Boyer (Art Director)- Paul is responsible for the look of the game.  He focuses on setting standards and making sure the world looks consistent and interesting.

Cari “CariElf” Begle (Programmer)- Cari is responsible for the world.  It is fun to come up with new ideas about what the world of Elemental should contain, Cari is the one who implements those ideas.

Jesse “Codecritter” Brindle (Programmer)- Jesse’s focus is on the engine.  When we talk about memory leaks or adding new engine functionality (as compared to game features) Jesse is usually the one who takes care of it.

Charles "CrazyC0330" Lentz (Programmer)- Charles will be implementing the magic and tactical AI amongst other things.

Sarah "Raa00" Trombley (Programmer)- Sarah is working on secret features.

Jeff Colvin (Programmer)- Jeff is implementing FPS mode for Elemental*.

Akil Dawkins (Lead Artist)- Akil does a lot of our modeling, texturing and animating and has been sharing assets with modders in the modders forum: http://forums.elementalgame.com/401142

Jue “Leo” Li (Artist)- Leo does most of the 2d paintings and concept art for Elemental.

Dan Wallace (Artist)- Dan does 3D modeling and texturing along with some animations and tile designs.

Key Fedewa (Artist)- Kay does most of the spell effects as well as icons, models, etc.

Scott “BoogieBac” Tykoski (Artist)- Scott’s working as an animator, but works in nearly every part of game design including programming, design, audio, etc.

David Stern (Writing and Lore)- Dave is working on fleshing out the details of the world.  It’s a back and forth where we design game components that Dave writes lore for, or Dave writes lore that inspires game components.

* This is a joke, there will be no FPS mode in Elemental.

+68 Karma | 57 Replies
September 8, 2011 9:03:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,
Today we had an argument about which was faster, running backward or skipping. Toby bravely agreed to champion the cause of running backward while we all agreed that Leo (who painted all the incredible spell paintings) was our most gifted skipper. Do these sorts of things happen at other companies?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 2011 Michigan Wolverines. 

I kid, i kid. 

heh... I get a little too excited when football season starts and my buckeyes are smeh.  Anyway, not looking forward to Michigan beating the buckeyes this year, but I am looking forward to fallen enchantress.

September 8, 2011 10:36:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting pacov,

Quoting Derek Paxton, reply 43 Today we had an argument about which was faster, running backward or skipping. Toby bravely agreed to champion the cause of running backward while we all agreed that Leo (who painted all the incredible spell paintings) was our most gifted skipper. Do these sorts of things happen at other companies?

I kid, i kid. 

heh... I get a little too excited when football season starts and my buckeyes are smeh.  Anyway, not looking forward to Michigan beating the buckeyes this year, but I am looking forward to fallen enchantress.

As a Michigan State grad Toby's going to be the most upset that you are calling him a Wolverine.

September 9, 2011 12:08:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,
As a Michigan State grad Toby's going to be the most upset that you are calling him a Wolverine.

Well, just remind him that Michigan State was substantially better than Michigan over the past few years and I'm sure he'll forgive me. 

Anyway, off topic silliness aside, I love that you folks are hanging out and having silly, goofball fun.  Thanks for posting the video!  I hope working on fallen enchantress has been challenging, but also a lot of fun!  I dream about the "job that is fun" and hope you folks are close to that.

September 9, 2011 12:37:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting pacov,

Quoting Derek Paxton, reply 43 Today we had an argument about which was faster, running backward or skipping. Toby bravely agreed to champion the cause of running backward while we all agreed that Leo (who painted all the incredible spell paintings) was our most gifted skipper. Do these sorts of things happen at other companies?

I kid, i kid. 

Urge to kill rising...

Quoting pacov,
Well, just remind him that Michigan State was substantially better than Michigan over the past few years and I'm sure he'll forgive me. 

Urge to kill fading...

Oh, and Leo is a former Wolverweenie.  And I don't care how many players OSU gets kicked off their team they are still gonna pound Michigan

September 9, 2011 1:29:36 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Kestral2040,
Urge to kill fading...

Whew! 

Quoting Kestral2040,
And I don't care how many players OSU gets kicked off their team they are still gonna pound Michigan

Guess we'll see this year - who knows how many idiots will sell their autographs for tattoos this year. 

October 31, 2011 4:31:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy Halloween from the folks at Stardock.  Be sure to check out Stardock's Facebook group to see more pictures.

We are obviously very cool guys.

October 31, 2011 6:35:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i see frogboy did not even put up a costume  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.