The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fallen Enchantress Team

By on January 12, 2011 4:43:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

With the changes over the past few months I thought you folks might like to know everyone’s roles on Fallen Enchantress.  Names and roles are listed below in no particular order.  This list isn’t comprehensive, there are a lot of hard working people in the marketing, business dev, audio, IT and publishing areas that aren’t covered.  It also isn’t intended to be taken too seriously.  Many of the people also work on other tasks and aren’t as strictly assigned as this list may imply.

Bradley “Frogboy” Wardell (Executive Producer and Product Manager)- Brad defines the budget, approves scope and makes sure we get our paychecks.  He also writes our AI.

Derek "Kael" Paxton (Lead Producer and Lead Designer)- Design, scheduling, stopping scope creep, setting priorities, being a general butthead.

Toby “Kestral2040” Sarnelle (Associate Producer)- Toby does a lot of design work as well as managing the schedule.  His job is to do cool stuff that I take credit for.

Jon Shafer (Designer and Programmer)- Jon is focusing on modability and the campaign.  Jon’s job is to take the blame for the things I do wrong.

Paul Boyer (Art Director)- Paul is responsible for the look of the game.  He focuses on setting standards and making sure the world looks consistent and interesting.

Cari “CariElf” Begle (Programmer)- Cari is responsible for the world.  It is fun to come up with new ideas about what the world of Elemental should contain, Cari is the one who implements those ideas.

Jesse “Codecritter” Brindle (Programmer)- Jesse’s focus is on the engine.  When we talk about memory leaks or adding new engine functionality (as compared to game features) Jesse is usually the one who takes care of it.

Charles "CrazyC0330" Lentz (Programmer)- Charles will be implementing the magic and tactical AI amongst other things.

Sarah "Raa00" Trombley (Programmer)- Sarah is working on secret features.

Jeff Colvin (Programmer)- Jeff is implementing FPS mode for Elemental*.

Akil Dawkins (Lead Artist)- Akil does a lot of our modeling, texturing and animating and has been sharing assets with modders in the modders forum: http://forums.elementalgame.com/401142

Jue “Leo” Li (Artist)- Leo does most of the 2d paintings and concept art for Elemental.

Dan Wallace (Artist)- Dan does 3D modeling and texturing along with some animations and tile designs.

Key Fedewa (Artist)- Kay does most of the spell effects as well as icons, models, etc.

Scott “BoogieBac” Tykoski (Artist)- Scott’s working as an animator, but works in nearly every part of game design including programming, design, audio, etc.

David Stern (Writing and Lore)- Dave is working on fleshing out the details of the world.  It’s a back and forth where we design game components that Dave writes lore for, or Dave writes lore that inspires game components.

* This is a joke, there will be no FPS mode in Elemental.

+68 Karma | 57 Replies
January 13, 2011 10:07:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

so Jue “Leo” Li doesnt have a art page?

January 13, 2011 10:13:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

* This is a joke, there will be no FPS mode in Elemental.

Yeah, that is right. FPH (= frames per hour) would be more appropriate.

January 13, 2011 10:41:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sounds great. I hope the final product is something to cheer about. I`m looking forward to a finish product with Elemental first. I know that Brad and company want everyone to be happy. I appreciate the effort being make by Brad and his new coharts. So with that said, heres to Brad and his new Avenger team. I like the new lineup. If only we had these guys before Elemental had been released before its time ? But, then again, would we have had the right players ? Who knows ? Time will tell the complete story won`t it.

Freebird in the cage and freezing his ------- off.

January 13, 2011 1:36:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Grove12345,
so Jue “Leo” Li doesnt have a art page?

archlimit is Leo's deviant art...  I linked it above

January 13, 2011 3:21:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

>.>

Small world apparently. I was already watching Kay on DA and didn't realize they were part of the Elemental team. ^^

If anyone on here wants to make fun of my bad art (Almost all of it but the photography is years old) feel free to stalk me on there. Looneymitch.deviantart.com.

But I'll be sure to DA stalk any artist from the Elemental team.

So how about Akil, Dan, or Scott?

January 13, 2011 3:27:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good luck, team!

January 13, 2011 3:52:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good luck everyone, make us proud  

Also, in case whoever will handle the image associated with the Shadow World spell(about which I will never shut up, ever) in the spellbook is reading, I have a suggestion.

Picture this: an outside shot of the world of Elemental in a corner and  right above it, a tare in space, with a dark planetoid barely visible. And from that tare, something like a dark smog, or viscous fluid pouring out, with scary faces in it, blanketing the world. Or with Elemental a the center, and the shadows coming right at the screen.

I would present a concept drawing, but I can't draw to save my life.

January 14, 2011 8:48:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Really looking forward to it. 

"Jon is focusing on mod-ability"

Oh, and Jon, just because you spell your name funny, doesn't mean all the other Johns won't be expecting GREAT mod improvements...right?

January 14, 2011 4:06:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, well... Guys... Now show and bring up the potential of this game... We all know here that the potential if here... So dig it out ! The program for the expansion looks... In fact not really well... but wonderful ! I hope that you will achieve to make Elemental a incredible thing... And will meet the success it deserves. Only one thing to say... Good luck to all here !

January 14, 2011 4:19:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow this sounds like a great idea to me!

It also, always interesting to see the names behind the product makes it more personal and reminds everyone that real living breathing people are toiling away and working on this game.

Great job so far guys! (and gals)

January 15, 2011 5:25:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tydorius,
>.>

Small world apparently. I was already watching Kay on DA and didn't realize they were part of the Elemental team. ^^

If anyone on here wants to make fun of my bad art (Almost all of it but the photography is years old) feel free to stalk me on there. Looneymitch.deviantart.com.

But I'll be sure to DA stalk any artist from the Elemental team.

So how about Akil, Dan, or Scott?

I think your artwork and photography is nice for what it's worth. 

January 17, 2011 11:29:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting John_Hughes,
Really looking forward to it. 

Oh, and Jon, just because you spell your name funny, doesn't mean all the other Johns won't be expecting GREAT mod improvements...right?

We'll definitely be able to improve things, but don't expect miracles overnight. It's much easier to build a moddable game when you do so from square 1. Retrofitting things later makes it more difficult.

Jon

January 17, 2011 11:42:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jon Shafer,

Quoting John_Hughes, reply 33Really looking forward to it. 

We'll definitely be able to improve things, but don't expect miracles overnight. It's much easier to build a moddable game when you do so from square 1. Retrofitting things later makes it more difficult.

Jon

There are no excuses allowed! Stop using crutches!

January 17, 2011 3:45:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Who makes the tea?

Also which one of you can fly a helicopter? Never make a team without a helicopter pilot.

January 17, 2011 5:22:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting markieness,
Who makes the tea?

Also which one of you can fly a helicopter? Never make a team without a helicopter pilot.

Mage, hacker, ganger, rigger, face: Perfect team for Shadowrunner

April 15, 2011 3:03:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DrAtomic1,
Do any of your artists have accounts with Deviantart or any other place where we can see some of their public work and keep track of them?

Finally got one of my own!

http://boogiebac.deviantart.com/

Dunno why it took so long...there's some damn fine art out there. Great for inspiration

April 15, 2011 5:32:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

quit reviving zombie threads Boogie.  Gawd, noob

September 6, 2011 8:21:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Today we had an argument about which was faster, running backward or skipping.  Toby bravely agreed to champion the cause of running backward while we all agreed that Leo (who painted all the incredible spell paintings) was our most gifted skipper.  Do these sorts of things happen at other companies?

The results:

It's worth noting that I won $5 on the race.  Woot!

September 6, 2011 8:38:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LOL. Great to see people having fun... and I got to say I guessed the result wrong!

September 6, 2011 10:23:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I too guessed wrong, thanx for vid

September 8, 2011 12:39:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

never bet on an artist in an athletic competition  well... more specifically Leo.

September 8, 2011 12:49:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heh, deviantART.  Some of us have been there since its founding... http://frogboy2.deviantart.com 

September 8, 2011 1:05:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Apparently not early enough if your Frogboy2.... lol

Seriously how do you find the time to do all the things you do? It's insane.

September 8, 2011 5:07:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cari is responsible for the world.

Taken out of context this sounds little disturbing. That's great responsibility

September 8, 2011 6:46:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,
Apparently not early enough if your Frogboy2.... lol

Seriously how do you find the time to do all the things you do? It's insane.

I don't sleep.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.