The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How to join a game without kicked?

By on January 7, 2011 7:56:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

rohezal

Join Date 01/2011

Hi guys,

I'm casual dota player and HoN player. I'm not good in Dota but im no noob (around 1400-1500 psr in HoN). I understand beginners make game boring. But hey do you think that new players will come to the game when you kick all the new players from your games?

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 7, 2011 9:41:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. read the guides on this site
2. hosts your own noob games and get some experience under your belt.

January 7, 2011 10:12:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup - its easiest when you are learning to just host your own game so you don't get kicked.  A new player on just 1 team generally (90% or so) means a loss for whatever team the new player is on.  So, folks knowing that, would generally not start out a game that is stacked against them.  Its a different story if there is 1 new person on each team, of course.  Anyway, save yourself some frustration when you are starting out and just host or join new player games. 

Sorry your introduction to demigod has been frustrating, though!

January 8, 2011 9:30:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would recommend hosting 1v1 games because just about anyone will play vs you and you will get a lot more games in then waiting for a 3v3.

January 8, 2011 1:20:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, DotA/HoN/LoL experience helps a bit, but compared to those games, DG is slow-paced, much more strategical and team-oriented (you have cit upgrades, you need to watch the map or to play on max zoom 95% of the time in skilled matches), and, on top of that, involves much more fighting game elements. The basic concept is somewhat similar, but don't think your DotA experience will help you a lot (I know it didn't help me ).

Getting into games... Well, either contact people that like coaching newer players (Darkliath, brasher_01), or host your own noob-only games.

January 8, 2011 2:07:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, kicking new players and telling them to "go play with other noobs" doesn't make new players happy.

1. New players cannot learn much from each other (that is assuming you manage to find so many new players at that moment, which is very rare).

2. You play with too good players, who join your noob game, and are completely destroyed. (one plus here is that you can save replay and copy enemy items/skills build).

However, what I've found most effective is:

1. Don't play online matches at the beginning. Try every demigod at least ~2-3 times to know all their skills just basically. + Find 2-3 demigods you like the most.

2, Get all the mods which help to learn even more. https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399399 (download Pacov's package). Out of them you should be using two Bman's mods, Always visible hp and mana, and Rollover ally info in all your games. Then enable one more mod (Enhanced AI mod), but it, if used online, requires other people to have it also. Well, at the start, play with your those 2-3 favorite demigods against various AI combinations (with other AI on your team).

3. Whenever you feel you're going to stick to certain demigod (One preferable, like Unclean beast, Lord erebus, Oak, and maybe Rook), take a look at the guides on these forums. Know that in this game, you won't fail too much if you get lots of hp and decent amount of mana (sometimes some speed). This is usually best combination (generals need monks for healing also). Citadel upgrades are important only currency (1-2 levels), fortified structures (level 1) and troops (usually late in game like war rank 10). Then try to combine your own experience and the one from guides against Enhanced AI online (other players might join also if you allow, but still better play against AI).

Tip - playing one demigod over and over increases your skills a lot more than playing different demigods, because you have difficulties in finding how to counter certain combos, what to do at certain moments..

4. Soon enough you'd find what's best for you and would be ready to play weak mid - mid games (yeah no more noob). If not successful after that, some players might be willing to help (contact me if no one wants though).

5. Find some players, with who you could create some sort of a 2-3 people team. Sticking with same players over and over helps you to understand their strategy, and makes your team working easier (what if you play with two korean players, who know zero English, and can't tell you to go there, or there, etc). I can be a replacement for a while, but can't be a part of every team...

P. S. You can skip all these points and just get mods + contact me. I would play with you against Enhanced AI and teach you some basics (for pro tips ask someone else). Warning. Before match would be a long talk of skills used, items you should buy, etc

P. S. S. Any player is welcome to contact me if gets any problem in finding the game and not being skilled enough. Let's create a newbie team, which surpasses nowadays mids! 

Edit:

Just in case some people don't know few things.

To contact any player in game, you need to add him to friends (shift + tab, friends, add friend, example "Darkliath"). Then can write a pm, but it's laggy, so... not very comfortable, though better than nothing.

To write in game to teammates, press enter, to write to everyone - shift + enter.

January 10, 2011 7:18:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Rohezal,

I don’t doubt it’s frustrating, but sadly too many new players get the game and immediately go straight to multiplayer without bothering to play through the single player first, let alone having read a few guides first.

I played a game with a brand new player yesterday and he went almost the entire game without buying an item, either citadel or regular shop. Although eventually he decided to heed my pleas and bought some armour. I think we did actually win in the end though, but only because there was another newish player on the other team and he played UB while I played Sedna and got him to follow me everywhere. Although I imagine he got a shock in his second game.  

Normally new players ‘fed’ the other team, meaning they get themselves killed pointlessly over and over. As killing a demigod is the fastest way to get a large gold boost having one feder on your team can make it pretty much impossible to win for your teammates.

The other thing they commonly do is quit the game really early leaving on a dumb AI, which is an almost guaranteed feeder.

That said you are on the forums, so you’re in the right place. Read the guides, take Dark up on her extremely generous offer. And play and host noob games. Lots of new players do this, and they end their noobship with about 40/50 games and something like 70/80% games won stats. After that almost all teams will be happy to take you on. Although you should be aware that going from even noob games to mid games and a bit of a leap so you need to be careful.

Good luck 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: