The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Gemini Wars - you can preorder now + NEW GAMEPLAY VID!

By on January 6, 2011 10:43:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire ForumsExternal Link

New possibly Sins-like RTS is coming....what do you think? 

http://www.geminiwars.com/

http://camel101.com/devblog/

New preview with gameplay video, aliens included!

http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/05/gemini-wars-gameplay-preview/

new gameplay trailer:

+23 Karma | 55 Replies
April 20, 2012 4:42:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

as the main title says now, the preorders for the game are finally open, so if you interested...

i had the luck to be part of a closed beta, played first 5 missions of the single-player campaign and it definitely had the potential, well its not Homeworld and from certain aspects of the game you could feel its not a big AAA title, but for me, it was good enough. Last 2 missions brought even a nice story twist and change of pace to the gameplay, i rarely play single-player campaigns, but i was able to finish these 5 missions without feeling bored and annoyed...and wanted more!

Regarding hardware related stuff, although that beta - it was in february - contained few mostly gameplay related bugs and there was quite a lot of polishing to be done, it was pretty stable, no crashes, slowdowns or graphics corruptions. And in general it did not look IMHO any worse than Sins does.

All in all,personally, i am going to get it myself, despite already getting Rebellion. Will probably play GW more for its campaign (btw multiplayer/skirmish wont be available at the release, its supposed to be released one month later as free DLC though, - for though who are not into campaigns) and Rebellion for skirmish/multiplayer.

http://www.geminiwars.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=199

May 7, 2012 5:23:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Updated OP with a link to Angry Joe´s preview of the game.

May 15, 2012 1:31:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

game is on gold state.... what do you Soase fans think ? Will it be a decent competitor ???

May 15, 2012 3:12:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't think it will be a strong competitor to Sins.  There isn't nearly as much media awareness of Gemini Wars and Gemini Wars will not have the strong multiplayer and modding communities necessary for long-term awareness.  Chances are most people who buy GW will do the campaign and then forget all about it.

June 8, 2012 11:20:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
I don't think it will be a strong competitor to Sins.  There isn't nearly as much media awareness of Gemini Wars and Gemini Wars will not have the strong multiplayer and modding communities necessary for long-term awareness.  Chances are most people who buy GW will do the campaign and then forget all about it.

This is fairly true, but IMHO its worth the money - just for the campaign and few matches of multiplayer/skirmish i will probably play. Sometimes i am in no mood to start new game of Sins - for such cases is GW good alternative.

Anyway, the game is out just today, already got the mail with the serial key, so i cant wait to come home and give it a try... 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.