The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Gemini Wars - you can preorder now + NEW GAMEPLAY VID!

By on January 6, 2011 10:43:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire ForumsExternal Link

New possibly Sins-like RTS is coming....what do you think? 

http://www.geminiwars.com/

http://camel101.com/devblog/

New preview with gameplay video, aliens included!

http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/05/gemini-wars-gameplay-preview/

new gameplay trailer:

+23 Karma | 55 Replies
January 6, 2011 11:02:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looking at the Gallery, the game looks dated and it's not even out yet. Glad I have SoaSE.

January 6, 2011 11:11:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think it looks sweet.... I don't care about the graphics not being top notch. Gameplay is all that matters, lets hope id delivers in that category

January 6, 2011 11:24:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Looking at the Gallery, the game looks dated and it's not even out yet. Glad I have SoaSE.

The screens look bit shit, but look at the gameplay videos on their blog...they seem surprisingly good compared to thosee screens (graphicswise). And to be fair, i remember first screens of SoaSE and they did not look nowhere near as good as the final game.

Anyway the game will probably more like Conquest Frontier Wars, rather than Sins.

January 6, 2011 11:39:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks interesting but i'll wait for a demo before i decide anything.

January 6, 2011 12:57:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting viperfdl,

Agreed. however the Carrier has intrigued me,,

Quoting Timmaigh,

The screens look bit shit, but look at the gameplay videos on their blog...they seem surprisingly good compared to thosee screens (graphicswise). And to be fair, i remember first screens of SoaSE and they did not look nowhere near as good as the final game.

Anyway the game will probably more like Conquest Frontier Wars, rather than Sins.

Besides, it is a work in progress. Remember how sins looked when the first trailer came out.....Bison...

Edit: Wont come out till fall this year...

January 6, 2011 1:19:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That carrier reminds me of the TCS Concordia, and of course our favorite 90's space sim.

January 6, 2011 1:22:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Crono908,
That carrier reminds me of the TCS Concordia, and of course our favorite 90's space sim.

That's probably why...

January 6, 2011 1:22:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting viperfdl,

Same.

I liked Conquest: Frontier Wars, so more of it isn't a bad thing.

January 6, 2011 2:12:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
Quoting viperfdl, reply 4Looks interesting but i'll wait for a demo before i decide anything.

Same.

I liked Conquest: Frontier Wars, so more of it isn't a bad thing.

Exactly

IMHO there is never enough of games like Sins for me. I would prefer Ironclad to work on Sins 2, rather than Elemental or how its called. So this game pleases me, hope its going to be on par with Sins/CFW.

January 6, 2011 2:23:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Timmaigh,
IMHO there is never enough of games like Sins for me. I would prefer Ironclad to work on Sins 2, rather than Elemental or how its called. So this game pleases me, hope its going to be on par with Sins/CFW.
Stardock = Publishers of Sins and Publisher&Developer of Elemental.

Ironclad = Developer of Sins.

January 6, 2011 2:47:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
Quoting Timmaigh, reply 9IMHO there is never enough of games like Sins for me. I would prefer Ironclad to work on Sins 2, rather than Elemental or how its called. So this game pleases me, hope its going to be on par with Sins/CFW.Stardock = Publishers of Sins and Publisher&Developer of Elemental.

Ironclad = Developer of Sins.

Oh my bad. Thought Elemental is the next game from Ironclad. I wonder what the guys at Ironclad are working on then? Diplomacy is out for about a year, is it not?

January 6, 2011 2:49:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It seems they like it to be kept a secret. Why is everyone so baffled by the developer vs publisher thing?

January 6, 2011 4:32:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I dont think anyone is baffled by that. Personally i just thought Emental is going to be Ironclads game, as they are developer and there seemed to be so much talk on these forums about it.

January 7, 2011 7:49:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

wintersong wrote;  "Stardock = Publishers of Sins and Publisher&Developer of Elemental.

Ironclad = Developer of Sins."

ironclad developed sins?  I thought the devil made them do it?

January 16, 2011 8:17:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There is some more info on Camel 101 site regarding shaders and level of detail system they use in Gemini Wars. Plenty of nice new screens, though all of them with the same ship only. IMHO it looks good.

http://camel101.com/devblog/?p=164

January 20, 2011 8:39:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It certainly does look better than Sins. But it's not the same scale. The videos for Nexus 2 looked way, way better than Sins, but the game wasn't going to have 200 starships on the screen.

What disappoints me greatly is that they've removed "localized subsystem damage" from their feature lists, for the stupidest reasons: the argument could be reworded as "we think players are retards who will think a disabled starship is a bug, not a feature". True, that's what happened with Homeworld 2, Nexus, and Sword of the Stars. No, wait...

If they can't even make a tutorial and an interface that will explain concepts such as subsystem disabling and make them obvious to the players, I'm not sure they're a good programming team to begin with. On the scale they're working at, subsystem damage *is* manageable (whereas it isn't at SoaSE's scale) and brings a tremendous amount of depth if implemented correctly.

January 21, 2011 4:35:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Werewindlefr,
It certainly does look better than Sins. But it's not the same scale. The videos for Nexus 2 looked way, way better than Sins, but the game wasn't going to have 200 starships on the screen.

What disappoints me greatly is that they've removed "localized subsystem damage" from their feature lists, for the stupidest reasons: the argument could be reworded as "we think players are retards who will think a disabled starship is a bug, not a feature". True, that's what happened with Homeworld 2, Nexus, and Sword of the Stars. No, wait...

If they can't even make a tutorial and an interface that will explain concepts such as subsystem disabling and make them obvious to the players, I'm not sure they're a good programming team to begin with. On the scale they're working at, subsystem damage *is* manageable (whereas it isn't at SoaSE's scale) and brings a tremendous amount of depth if implemented correctly.

Yeah, the targetable subsystems would be a nice addition, though i suppose this game is going to have bigger scope then Nexus or even Homeworld. I have a feeling its going to be like SupCom in space.

Anyway here is a new video focusing on ingame explosions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdlnGWTdIrA

January 22, 2011 3:20:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It looks to me like they're shooting for "Star Craft in space". I can understand, from that perspective, why they'd choose to remove targetable subsystems.

January 24, 2011 10:33:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just published an interview with Camel 101 about this game:

Camel 101 Interview

The game sounds like it is going to be a nice amount of "pew-pew" space fun. 

January 26, 2011 4:27:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RooksBailey,
I just published an interview with Camel 101 about this game:

Camel 101 Interview

The game sounds like it is going to be a nice amount of "pew-pew" space fun. 

How do you mean published? You are the one, who interviewed them?

If yes, nice work, quite funny and good questions asked, so its very informative. Thanks

January 27, 2011 8:38:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, that was me.  Interview-publisher-and all around renaissance man. 

Glad you liked it.  I think they gave some good nuggets of info.  I also liked the screenies. 

February 20, 2011 9:41:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Some new info about Gemini Wars is available on their blog, the authors decided to add multi-system maps similar to Sins or more precisely good old Conquest Frontier Wars.

You can check, how it looks like, here:

http://camel101.com/devblog/?p=285

More than that, there was quite informative piece of journalism about Camel 101, Gemini Wars authors and short, yet interesting preview for the game.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-story-behind-gemini-wars-developer-camel-101-194327.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/you-are-not-ready-for-gemini-wars-194255.phtml

BTW if you interested in the game and do have your own ideas, what would you like to be in there, do not hesitate and join their forums and voice your opinion, there is pretty good chance they might consider it and add to the game. They are already doing this by adding multiple systems, as this was not a part of their original design, but decided to add it after they were recommended to try Conquest Frontier Wars... so they are very open to new ideas, similar to the Ironclad devs

February 23, 2011 8:22:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'll probably get the game for the single player assuming the game is halfway decent.

It's too bad Ironclad didnt get out a Sins 2 with a single player/ a single player expansion, as they could have gotten the cash for this. I see alot of Sins in this game and I feel the original deserves the glory.

I love my Sins though. Nothing will take it away. Not even men with guns/tanks/death stars.

February 24, 2011 7:05:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SithLordAJ,
I'll probably get the game for the single player assuming the game is halfway decent.

It's too bad Ironclad didnt get out a Sins 2 with a single player/ a single player expansion, as they could have gotten the cash for this. I see alot of Sins in this game and I feel the original deserves the glory.

I love my Sins though. Nothing will take it away. Not even men with guns/tanks/death stars.

Sins is brilliant game indeed, but it is 3 years old right now and Sins 2 is only to be announced, so no chance for it this year IMHO. And personally i would like some refresh, therefore my interest in GW. And i do actually feel, thet GW might be better game for multi-player, as it does not aspire to include 4X elements (bar obvious things like some research and colonisation), it is shaping to be probably more like Conquest Frontier Wars... I know you can play Sins as classic RTS and ignore all the research, diplomacy, culture etc..., but it feels like travesty to do it... i suppose some of these things will be greatly simplified or ignored in GW, thus making the game faster and less complex, what is probably good for multiplayer, as the game should not take hours

February 28, 2011 3:36:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Game looks pretty bad ass to me

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.