Some QoT thoughts after a two-hour long game yesterday (probably a re-write of a QoT section of the summary is due).
(1) Practically tested, now it's official: GoT + Bulwark = invincible QoT. You can 1v2 non-UB DGs easily in creep wave with no Mulch, just GS IV > SW II > GS IV > SW II, etc. Probably the only DG that can successfully 1v1 UB with Acclimation and good kit.
(2) Mulch needs a harsher re-evaluation, I think. My starting assumption was Mulch I is inefficient by itself, while Mulch II and III are great and well worth getting. That's true to a degree. However, any decent level 15+ QoT really wants to spend 99% of her time unpacked. Provided your teammates are any good, you know how to position your QoT inside a creep wave, and, of course, have Bishops and sigils, you won't need Mulch even 1v2 late game. Now, that leaves us with a dilemma: either get Tribute+GoT by 15 and go for a Bulwark super-tank QoT that does a lot of damage in 15 y radius and requires little to no microing, or get Mulch III+GoT by 15 and go for a no-Bulwark super-tank QoT that doesn't really do any damage worth mentioning, and requires a crapload of microing. Switching packed/unpacked late game to Mulch, then GS, then Mulch again is not an option, since it essentially makes you weak at both Mulching and Spiking. For me, the optimal solution is obvious.
(3) Tribute at 15 is crucial in long even skilled games. It's like Shane told me once that he doesn't usually get Cur3, unless he plays with Orcun and Renz against a strong team, because he knows his teammates: (1) will need the edge; (2) are super-pro, and so will know how to maximize the advantage Cur3 gives. On a selfish level, Tribute = Bulwark for QoT, and Bulwark on unpacked 15+ QoT = a mobile portal lock, which isn't so selfish anymore.
(4) Magus Rod is a godsend late game, provided you go GoT+Bulwark route. You don't need locks, you are a lock. The Rod will compensate for the loss of +50% mana regen in unpacked form and allow to spam GS IV > SW II for half a cost (SW is insanely mana-intensive), which is a huge relief.
(5) GoT vs Acclimation: you trigger your damage reduction at will, while UB is dependent on enemy's actions. Ranged AA, minions, GS IV > SW II (if he has Bulwark, both will deal less than 500) are the way to go. In fact, this is the only time late game I suggest switching packed/unpacked and Shielding yourself. Be sure to get out of range when Ground Spiking if he doesn't have Bulwark. Hitting a no-Bulwark Acclimation UB with GS IV is a grave mistake. -1500 armor debuff won't offset the 40% damage reduction late game, while having a permanent 40% with GoT and Bulwark (plus 1450 absorption from Shield IV) will let you outtank him ultimately: you have Bishops, he doesn't. Yesterday, I fought enemy UB for 3 minutes (not exaggerating) non-stop while holding a portal -- we both were 20 and had Bulwark. Couldn't kill him, but he was forced to retreat when reduced to 2000 hp. As long as you don't trigger Acclimation (and, honestly, QoT can only do it with Mulch III), 40% damage reduction >>> 25% damage reduction, obviously.