The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Rook-Supporting Cape QoT Build Ideas?

(Be F***ing Amazing With QoT)

By on December 13, 2010 4:59:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, that's really a niche build. Just realized Cape QoT might actually outshine Cape Sedna as Rook-supporter significantly (well, defensive mechanism per se suffers -- Shield + regular Bishop heals are bad substitute for Heal 3/4 + HW 2 + HW-enhanced bishop heals, as does cooldown reduction, but tower damage potential really goes up due to Ground Spikes armor reduction, so I don't think many gankers will be tempted to try their luck in the first place). I'm not sure this build has to be a Rawrr's standard 'pro QoT' thing, though, as having Cape dictates a somewhat different skill progression. Do I really have to invest that much into Munch... errrrm... Mulch, for instance? Provided I'm attached to Rook's arse 90% of the time (=hide in his towers and refuse to fight like a man), it doesn't seem to be top priority.

PS: Well, Pacov, it's QoT-related, not Sed-related now. I'd even tell Dreamcatcher to go MCP Rook if you'll post a genius Rook-supporting QoT build here!

+20 Karma | 55 Replies
December 17, 2010 8:46:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, I think a variation of Blood-Tank QoT (probably somewhat minion-heavier) should be very good in 1v1. Really, I don't think she can be killed 1v1 (Mulch 3 + Shield 4 = 3700 hp), she has a great AoE and, goes without saying, heavy siege damage.

December 17, 2010 12:06:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,
Actually, I think a variation of Blood-Tank QoT (probably somewhat minion-heavier) should be very good in 1v1. Really, I don't think she can be killed 1v1 (Mulch 3 + Shield 4 = 3700 hp), she has a great AoE and, goes without saying, heavy siege damage.
It is very good in a 1v1. I use to run queen without shamblers, but now I can't even imagine why I did that in the past.

December 17, 2010 2:32:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,
Rich (aka OMG_UserBanned) amicably advised me against taking QoT on a pretty balanced game this morning (brasher on his side, but I had Quincrane). Why? Because otherwise he would destroy me with his . I was forced to leave the lobby as I was having a fit of uncontrollable hysterical laugh    Seriously, even experienced folks neither use, nor respect QoT much, and that's actually an advantage, when I think about it.

You should have stayed. It was pretty balanced idk why you left. We had an awesome game anyways beating the UB/OAK/LE combo with sed/UB/reg. Major back and forth fight. Quincrane and noobstien were doing great you might have been a good addition.

I think queen is awesome if played right. She doesn't get much respect because most people suck with her.

December 18, 2010 4:07:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should have stayed. It was pretty balanced idk why you left.

Hmmm... Let me think a second... Pretty much because I don't appreciate being called a faggot, a pussy and 'Pacov's bitch' (sic!) for no reason other than Rich's compulsive urge to talk crap. I also hate when people have 3000 ms ping, refuse to stop the download, then leave after 5-6 minutes into the incredibly laggy match, calling everyone 'forum fags' on exit. That said, if not that stupid QoT remark he made, I'd have stayed, of course -- no balance issues, as stated, and I have no problem with OMG_UserBanned as long as he remains silent.

I suppose you must be either hyper-tolerant to trash-talking, or Rich just likes/respects you and controls himself when you are around. 

December 18, 2010 9:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,
You should have stayed. It was pretty balanced idk why you left.

Hmmm... Let me think a second... Pretty much because I don't appreciate being called a faggot, a pussy and 'Pacov's bitch' (sic!) for no reason other than Rich's compulsive urge to talk crap. I also hate when people have 3000 ms ping, refuse to stop the download, then leave after 5-6 minutes into the incredibly laggy match, calling everyone 'forum fags' on exit. That said, if not that stupid QoT remark he made, I'd have stayed, of course -- no balance issues, as stated, and I have no problem with OMG_UserBanned as long as he remains silent.

I suppose you must be either hyper-tolerant to trash-talking, or Rich just likes/respects you and controls himself when you are around. 
wait, what stupid qot remark?

December 18, 2010 1:35:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh... More or less: "You know, picking QoT is a bad idea, IN1." "And why is that?" "Because I will destroy you with my hammer!"

I'm pretty sure it was a humble prelude before the real thing. A foreplay, you know... After all, that guy harassed me with pms, game names, etc. just because he seems to think I am on friendly terms with Pacov (a bit of exaggeration, btw ).

December 19, 2010 11:06:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think Cow is right. SW 3 is probably still worth getting. I'm not sure why, but this is one of less expected skills in DG. Probably people just don't see it as frequently as, say, Grasp or Boulder Roll... So no idea as to its insane range and, erm, not-so-insane damage potential. Got a bunch of kills on ranged characters with it (yeah, I know it's technically not a nuke...).

December 19, 2010 2:39:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm pretty sure it was a humble prelude before the real thing. A foreplay, you know... After all, that guy harassed me with pms, game names, etc. just because he seems to think I am on friendly terms with Pacov (a bit of exaggeration, btw ).

perhaps its best to just ignore certain individuals all together, though, eh.  He's obviously just a younger fellow with a chip on his shoulder that went out of his way to get banned from the forums and stuck with a silly user name and still likely feels like a victim.

December 19, 2010 5:21:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,

Quoting OMG__IN1, reply 16

The BIGGEST thing that kills a QoT in pro level play though is chain stunning with UB. Grasp + Charm, Grasp + boulder, Grasp + Ice Nova, Grasp + Silence, all of these things make queen unable to use her abilities. A queen that can't cast her save-my-own-ass skills for more then a few seconds is a dead queen. You must not get chain stunned, ever.

This is why I stopped playing QoT.  That, and I don't like NEEDING to be on mana side, which in my opinion is essential to playing QoT effectively in a competitive game.

Quoting OMG__IN1,
Nothing is more frustrating late game than losing momentum while on the offensive or failing to stop an enemy portal assault while on the defensive due to stupid: "Uhhh... I have no locks..." "What?! Noob! Idiot! You are worthless! Uninstall this game! NOOOOW!!!" "But... No, guys! It's just that Hedgie told me Sigils > Locks!!!" Yes, Sigils are great as a failure tolerance mechanism, no doubt, but in terms of strategical value late game in a typical 3v3 A + A + G: Locks >>> Sigils. In coordinated teams having voice chat and general strategic plan for each match, like one I'm currently trying to play with Dreamcatcher and Lols_SeaWolf, I'd say it is perfectly possible to get such things pre-planned, so that Sedna/QoT is not a "locker" by default. 

To lock or not to lock, that is the question!

If you're going to run without locks, you have to have a good reason.  

UB can get away with it because he's so overpowered he is a lock if he's standing on the flag... specially if he's speccing Orb of Defiance.  Demigods with AOE stuns should always have locks on them for defending the double portal rush IMO.  DGs like Sedna and Ice TB can stun, lock, and then survive most 2v1 situations at a friendly portal if they don't have backup for whatever reason. Queen doesn't have the luxury of a mass stun, so her having a lock might be wasted in that situation.

December 20, 2010 2:09:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is why I stopped playing QoT.  That, and I don't like NEEDING to be on mana side, which in my opinion is essential to playing QoT effectively in a competitive game.

To be on mana side = to solo mana lane?

UB can get away with it because he's so overpowered he is a lock if he's standing on the flag... specially if he's speccing Orb of Defiance.  Demigods with AOE stuns should always have locks on them for defending the double portal rush IMO.  DGs like Sedna and Ice TB can stun, lock, and then survive most 2v1 situations at a friendly portal if they don't have backup for whatever reason. Queen doesn't have the luxury of a mass stun, so her having a lock might be wasted in that situation.

Agreed (assuming you mean UB 15+ w/ Bulwark, otherwise it's a bit of a stretch, I'd say...). Of course, I cannot be sure my future teammates in pug games will agree as easily, so I just take locks with QoT unless I'm playing premade  Discussing global strategy during the match via in-game chat, even if I'm 100% correct and my current teammates are mistaken, is vastly impractical. Better to run with locks as QoT, than to waste precious time and concentration on fruitless (usually) argument.

December 20, 2010 2:24:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

perhaps its best to just ignore certain individuals all together, though, eh.  He's obviously just a younger fellow with a chip on his shoulder that went out of his way to get banned from the forums and stuck with a silly user name and still likely feels like a victim.

Yes, Pacov, I understand being a trash-talker does not make him an international terrorist, a cannibal, a pedophile, etc. Still, in the humble context of DG online, it's extremely unpleasant. Why should I tolerate people that make me feel uncomfortable? Being young is not an excuse for behaving like a total jerk.  

December 20, 2010 11:17:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have to disagree here 100% because I think any character can lane with another DG and do fine unless there are UB's on both sides then they  need to lane mana 1v1.

Its nice to level queen but not essential.

December 20, 2010 11:33:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cowbuttzex wisdom rules! It's not like level 15 skills are essential for her. Yes, GoT and Mulch 3 are both very nice, but hardly a necessity. Now, GoT + Bulwark is more than just very nice, it's a de facto permanent 40% dmg reduction in unpacked form -- however, getting Bulwark for QoT is not an overly likely scenario. The principle 'nice, but not essential' is even more relevant in case of more support-oriented QoT builds (say, Cape QoT or Blood QoT with heavier emphasis on BS).

December 20, 2010 1:37:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not trying to highjack here but......last time, last time.

or Rich just likes/respects you and controls himself when you are around. 

I guess that may be the case because I have yet to witness anything that was really over the top lately. But it didn’t start that way we were probably forced into games more than anything.  I know that’s what definitely happened with me and Munch. I didn’t like the guy for shit at first but now I’m perfectly fine playing with him. As this game continues to die, and it will continue to die, you have few choices either suck it up and get over it or continue to cross people off your dwindling list to play with.  

Idk man, maybe, I’m just thicker skinned than most and I can laugh off most trash talking but it’s online gaming! The trash talking is expected. Talk your own and if you lose “GG” and move on. Again, I don’t condone the PM bullshit but there’s no better way to shut someone up than to beat them in balanced game.  

Being young is not an excuse for behaving like a total jerk

Agreed. Age shouldn’t be a factor, eh?  (shoot me now my first use of an emoticon.) Just had to throw that in there. heh

I really think what is missing in this game is fun. People don’t know how NOT to take this shit serious. It’s just a game. If you win-SO WHAT?  If you lose- SO WHAT? That’s why probably my favorite player to play with is Darkliath. She doesn’t care what team she is on. She still super competitive but she isn’t guna bitch and moan if you make a mistake. All I can say is just have fun.

So back to the OP. I really need to try this new queen of thorns character I am hearing about. Man the only one I’ve seen lately is barteks. heh  Hope you do well with it IN1. I still wana get in some games with you Sed vs Sed style. We should 1v1 one of these days. I'll show you my new fun build. Even more fun than the one you have seen.

December 20, 2010 2:44:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried a less than effective cape build as qot in a game today.  granted our team combo was something horrible to attempt this (qot/tower rook/da that was unaggressive).  The downside of a build like this (using cape) is the level of coordination required.  I still think you need a rook that is either primarily hammer slam or tower/slam focused on maxing hammer as a primary.  And you need to communicate well with whoever is with you as you'll likely use them to draw agro while keeping them shielded, etc.  Because of the lower hp on qot with this build, you need to be pretty cautious, which means you really need your teammate to know he can count on shields, etc.  Now, the big downside to this build is that you can't solo as effectively as you could with blood.  I think it would be fun to get a somewhat coordinated game going and try this out, but haven't had the opportunity to give it a go yet.

(shoot me now my first use of an emoticon.)

heh - bang

As this game continues to die, and it will continue to die, you have few choices either suck it up and get over it or continue to cross people off your dwindling list to play with.

Idk man, maybe, I’m just thicker skinned than most and I can laugh off most trash talking but it’s online gaming! The trash talking is expected. Talk your own and if you lose “GG” and move on. Again, I don’t condone the PM bullshit but there’s no better way to shut someone up than to beat them in balanced game.

yeah - I think the main thing to understand is a little trash talking in games really isn't that big a deal.  Might not be desirable, but not really a big deal. I typically don't even pay attention to it.  Its just when we get into the nonsensical harassing players outside of that game, etc.  That's when it enters the realm of "what the fuck is your problem, guy on the internet?" I'm completely on board with the GG and that's that mentality.  But side note, I don't think I've bumped into a situation yet where beating a player that runs their mouth shuts up The only real way is what you described.  Play on their team a bit after putting up with their vomit for a bit.  Most people can be reasonable. 

December 20, 2010 5:08:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,

I have to disagree here 100% because I think any character can lane with another DG and do fine unless there are UB's on both sides then they  need to lane mana 1v1.

I might have been exagerating slightly and I'll defer to your opinion on this.  Maybe a non-power leveled Queen is just a bad matchup against the types of TB builds I like to play, but the only times I've been really impressed by QoTs are when they go to the mana side and race to level 10 for level 4 GS and level 2 Mulch.

In my experience, a QoT sucks to have on your team later game unless she's been leveling hard on the mana side.

Quoting OMG__IN1,

Cowbuttzex wisdom rules! It's not like level 15 skills are essential for her. Yes, GoT and Mulch 3 are both very nice, but hardly a necessity. Now, GoT + Bulwark is more than just very nice, it's a de facto permanent 40% dmg reduction in unpacked form -- however, getting Bulwark for QoT is not an overly likely scenario. The principle 'nice, but not essential' is even more relevant in case of more support-oriented QoT builds (say, Cape QoT or Blood QoT with heavier emphasis on BS).

QoTs level 15 are are good but nothing compared to the level 15 skills of UB and TB and not what I meant about it being essential to keep Queen up in levels.

In my experience with Queen games it goes something like this:  A well played QoT starts out as one of the strongest demigods and either stays that way throughout most of the game thus helping her team stay in control, or gets out leveled and starts getting pushed around too early and thus becomes too much of a liability to have on your side later on, simple as that.

December 21, 2010 9:52:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Pacov

I tried a less than effective cape build as qot in a game today.  granted our team combo was something horrible to attempt this (qot/tower rook/da that was unaggressive).  The downside of a build like this (using cape) is the level of coordination required.  I still think you need a rook that is either primarily hammer slam or tower/slam focused on maxing hammer as a primary.  And you need to communicate well with whoever is with you as you'll likely use them to draw agro while keeping them shielded, etc.  Because of the lower hp on qot with this build, you need to be pretty cautious, which means you really need your teammate to know he can count on shields, etc.  Now, the big downside to this build is that you can't solo as effectively as you could with blood.  I think it would be fun to get a somewhat coordinated game going and try this out, but haven't had the opportunity to give it a go yet.

Agree with everything here. She's squishy, and she requires a lot of communication to be effective. With no-voice-chat Rooks I just go Blood with a slightly greater emphasis on BS.

@brasher

Hope you do well with it IN1.

Renz liked my QoT, so I guess I'm doing fine. No delusions of grandeur, though

I still wana get in some games with you Sed vs Sed style. We should 1v1 one of these days.

My pleasure, just contact me in-game (either OMG__IN1 [double underscore] - old acc, or OMG_IN1 - a newer one). Your last build made me re-consider some of the principles my old build was based on. FYI, there is also a very good Sedna player Nastyblade. His build is speed-oriented, but surprisingly effective in 3v3. I'm sure he will agree to go 1v1 with you gladly if you catch him online.

PS: I've already told Darkliath her teammates in the tourney were the wrong ones. It should have been: brasher_01, bartek1234, Darkliath. You share the same philosophy

December 21, 2010 9:56:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW, what is the best artifact for QoT (apart from Bulwark)? I think probably Bracelet of Rage, but have yet to test it.

December 21, 2010 1:35:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,
BTW, what is the best artifact for QoT (apart from Bulwark)? I think probably Bracelet of Rage, but have yet to test it.

I've never bought an artifact and won a game while playing Queen.  I specifically remember losing a game my team would have certainly won had I not thought "Hmmm... I wonder if Mageslayer would be good with Queen?  We've got this in the bag so mays well try."  To my team mates that game, I'm sorry.

Heres the reasons to never ever go to the artifact shop as Queen:

1) Upgraded Giants/Cats are your best friends when you cast Ground Spikes so you need to spend the money on them first.

2) Non-artifact expensive items such as Hungarling's and Journeyman's are very helpful to Queen and should be bought before you even think about artifacts.  Plus level 4 idol minions are your second bestest friends with Ground Spikes so your late game kit is expensive enough.

So yeah... if you have Giants upgraded to at least a few points in Blacksmith/Armory,  all level 4 idols, Journeyman's and Hungarling's... ok, by all means save up for Bulwark I guess... it goes really well with Goddess of Thorns.

December 21, 2010 1:55:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've never bought an artifact and won a game while playing Queen.

Ego te absolvo.

And seriously... Bah... I know all the reasons. It was an academical 'what if' question. I think Bracelet might be freaking awesome because of synergy with GS, not because it looks cool (it doesn't).

December 21, 2010 3:52:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Deathbringer is the best artifact for queen.

Yes I have gotten it before, makes queen a total monster.

December 21, 2010 5:56:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Most demigods are a total monster when you drop 20,000 gold into a consumable slot. 

December 21, 2010 8:29:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
Most demigods are a total monster when you drop 20,000 gold into a consumable slot. 

Well he wanted to know what artifact is best on queen and giving queen an interrupt is pretty amazing.

-_______________________________________________-

December 22, 2010 12:33:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

then you shoulda said "Deathbringer because of the 5 second silence" rather than just saying she's a total monster, eh? 

December 22, 2010 12:59:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hoping to hear some feedback from recent games where  a rook and a qot team up...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.