The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The REAL Chatroom

Or alternative Chatroom

By on December 8, 2010 6:46:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, so I decided to create a new Chatroom, because the old one was getting pretty....old! 

Everyone may post here, as well as in the good'ol Flameroom...I mean, Chatroom

I would like to keep this Chatroom civilized. Well, as civilized as most forum threads are (doesnt mean that you all have to be polite like Oatesy, lol).

So for this reason, I may update the OP of this thread in the future, posting certain thread rules, as I see fit.

For now though, post away, and everyone is welcome!

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8676/threadnecromancy.jpg

Currently these users are banned:

- ArcticBlunder

+160 Karma | 1861 Replies
April 11, 2012 12:02:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If the bearings fell out, you just have to buy a replacement set and take them into a bike shop...shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks for the parts and the work.

-Twi

April 11, 2012 12:16:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

50 bucks is still a lot for me

April 11, 2012 1:10:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

50 is a high estimate as long as the shop is fair.  I'm going off of personal experience, but I also had to replace the axel in my rear tire.  Check it out at least.  There shouldn't be a fee for just asking them how much it would cost for new bearings.

-Twi

April 11, 2012 1:19:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay

thanks

April 14, 2012 10:41:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Computer seems fine after being attacked with compressed air, tried a fairly demanding game and no crash. Sees Steam, accepts gift from Whiskey (thanks buddy!).

Next day, graphics card crashes while surfing the interwebz. Result: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Download SpeedFan while dodging computer's critical existence failures. Upon installation discover that the GPU is idling at 95 degrees celcius (that's like 200 fahrenheit?), and that's with all fans forced to 100% by SpeedFan.

Solution: all fans now forced to run at 100%, computer seems to crash when the GPU climbs much above 105C. Fortunately it's stable enough for the internet. Hoping to get a new graphics card because of all this.

So, I'm back after a long, long time (I think). How's things?

April 14, 2012 10:50:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,

We are attempting to get the DS lore running in a Rebellion direction.

April 14, 2012 11:21:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
We are attempting to get the DS lore running in a Rebellion direction.

I should probably get involved in some way. I'll read through all the new stuff and see where I'm at. Anything that should affect me much?

April 14, 2012 1:37:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,
Computer seems fine after being attacked with compressed air, tried a fairly demanding game and no crash. Sees Steam, accepts gift from Whiskey (thanks buddy!).

NP, we bro'in.

Quoting Oatesy03,
Next day, graphics card crashes while surfing the interwebz. Result: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

It seems I may have passed on the curse of superhot GPUs. Your comp doesn't happen to be an HP does it?

Quoting Oatesy03,
Download SpeedFan while dodging computer's critical existence failures. Upon installation discover that the GPU is idling at 95 degrees celcius (that's like 200 fahrenheit?), and that's with all fans forced to 100% by SpeedFan.
\

SpeedFan is win. Srsly.

Quoting Oatesy03,

Rollin'. Ballin'. And assorted other 'in.

I personally am now the proud owner of Half Life 2 (in addition to EP1 which I purchased previously), as well as Shattered Horizon. Am intending to purchase Space Marine&Retribution fairly soon to take advantage of ~US$10 price for each on Amazon. Greatly desire to get Battlefield 3 after playing Xbox360 version at friend's house (1. CURSE YOU XBOX CONTROLLER!1! 2. PC VERSION BEST VERSION).

Will be buying PS3 around Black Friday (in like 7-8 months), to play DUST 514, an MMOFPS from CCP Games, the same guys who run the only single-server MMO game in the world, EVE Online. DUST will be wired into the London-located supercomputer that EVE runs on.

Yeah. BOSS.

Also really want to buy Mirror's Edge. Because first-person parkour=WIN. And is automatically better than Assassin's Creed parkour.

Oh, and I get to call wavy friend today. /Napoleon Dynamite fistpump

Finally, have a delicious video:

April 14, 2012 1:38:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Because I'm feelin' so boss right now, have a second video:

April 14, 2012 5:05:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Whiskey144,
Oh, and I get to call wavy friend today. /Napoleon Dynamite fistpump

YES. Wavy friend?

Quoting Whiskey144,
Your comp doesn't happen to be an HP does it?

See above. Well, the "yes" bit. Fuckin' Windows 98 7.

April 14, 2012 5:35:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,
Wavy friend?

My friend who is a girl that waves at me while I'm on duty.

Quoting Oatesy03,
See above. Well, the "yes" bit. Fuckin' Windows 98 7.

W7 is actually pretty good IMO. But I had an HP laptop that ran Vista 64-bit and had super-overheating-powers. Last time I had the thing turned on, it was running around 200 Fahrenheit. Pretty sure it'd catch fire and/or explode if I turned it on again.

April 23, 2012 6:47:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have tot take the ACT tomorrow. NO!!!!! In actuality, I fell good about it. I have good skills (I think), and am fairly confident that it'll be ok.

And I only have a few more weeks of school left!!

April 29, 2012 6:05:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hell yeah, new graphics card, new hard drive, life is good.

BTW did I mention that Limey Girl now isn't? That's the one bad thing that happened in my Easter holiday.

Got pleasantly tipsy at a dinner on Friday, went back to a friend's house with the girl I have liked for ages (yes, I know, it's not great that I like her at the same time as Guitar Friend) and ended up with her snoozing on my arm. Oh yeah, and she'd just found out about me breaking up with my gf that evening.

Which raises the question, does she like me, or am I a straight gay best friend. Again. I've known her all this year, so as far as the "move early" rule goes I've done goofed, but what was I supposed to do? Break up on the terms of "there's somebody I like more than you?" I couldn't do that. Maybe that's what I'm suffering for now.

Thoughts? Opinions? I might ask her out for a coffee on Monday (which I have actually done before strangely enough), kind of a neutral way to test the water.

April 29, 2012 6:21:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,
kind of a neutral way to test the water.

One question, your newly single, you like this girl. Why are you testing the water? Just ask her out. Really the worst she can say is no. But then you'll know where you stand at the very least and will be able to move on. 

And my guess is she likes you. 

April 29, 2012 6:45:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting IROKONESS,

Quoting Oatesy03, reply 1838 kind of a neutral way to test the water.

One question, your newly single, you like this girl. Why are you testing the water? Just ask her out. Really the worst she can say is no. But then you'll know where you stand at the very least and will be able to move on. 

And my guess is she likes you. 

Hmm. That's actually really striking advice, thanks. As in "grow some balls" advice in a constructive way. I shall think on this and act accordingly.

April 29, 2012 6:54:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Let us know what happens. 

April 30, 2012 9:26:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

/emerges from cryocrypt

Thou Shalt Bangarang:

May 2, 2012 2:09:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Aww, poor ice cream dude. Loses his hand, then gets repaid in stolen money that'll implicate him with the crime. Those kids are dicks.

Quoting IROKONESS,
Let us know what happens. 

So, Monday didn't happen, but I asked her out for lunch today, and it went well. That's... about all I have to say on the matter at the moment. I could ask if she wants to meet up at the weekend or something, or when exam leave starts in like a week.

May 2, 2012 5:26:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I really like that. You the man Oatesy03.

May 2, 2012 10:34:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,
Aww, poor ice cream dude. Loses his hand, then gets repaid in stolen money that'll implicate him with the crime. Those kids are dicks.

I think the point is that the "kids" stole the money, and one of them decided "hey, I'll give this to that ice cream dude we totally ripped the hand off of, because that was pretty douchey of us to do that", and less of "hey, let's implicate that ebil ice cream dude in the theft of this cash".

But the musical track is the real point.

Also, trippin' Santa whoops ass. Srsly:

May 7, 2012 7:27:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Poor Santa!!

May 14, 2012 8:22:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've got my first Ap test on Wednesday.   Ap Lang will kill me

On the bright side I only have nine days left of being a junior. But I'm scared to graduate  

May 14, 2012 8:49:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That...  Was amazing guys.

May 28, 2012 12:58:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

YAY!!!! School is out!! Now I'm going to be a Senior when I head back to school in August, so I guess over the Summer I'm going to have to be looking at colleges, in addition to my summer assignments. Just what I wanted to do on my break.

And I found this Gundam AMV

What are you guys up to then?

May 28, 2012 1:39:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting CmdrNilles,
What are you guys up to then?

Work. Prepping for college. Prepping for summer camp [going as part of the leadership crew, BOOYAH].

Also, have this delicious Russian video [titled "Renata- Soul"]:

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000828   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.