No, the other two spawn minions don't have this happen, for hopefully obvious reasons. Unfortunately, the problem with having BL spawn these other minions is that BL are actually MORE disposable, yet they still cost mana. This is partially caused by a balance issue, in that BL are simply too weak to be useful without Explosive End. But once you have EE, they do become useful, provided you're nowhere near an enemy aura.
And, as Ptarth mentioned, this could be exploited with a friendly Oak or Erebus (or both, yikes) to mechanically produce endless amounts of spawned minions for a fairly reasonable mana cost.
The reasons for removing this are stacking up:
1) Ball Lightning are the only unit in the game that can be force-suicided Welp, I forgot that Yetis and Shamblers can be suicided too.
2) They have the fastest resummon time of any minion, due to the above
3) They have the lowest mana cost for any 4-minion summon, again due to the above
4) This can all be countered to a ridiculous degree by an enemy aura demigod, to the point where it solely serves the interest of the enemy team if you continue using it. This constitutes not only a hard counter, something rarely found in Demigod, but a 'free' one that is always on and requires little to no effort/mana/cooldown on the part of the counterer.
5) Because they can be force-suicided, this can be exploited by repeatedly exploding them against enemy towers for damage, while also producing an infinite supply of minions for your allies. Unlike with Erebus/Oak minions, which do not spawn off of themselves / each other, each dying BL can create one of each type of minion, allowing an obscene degree of synergy with a team consisting of an Erebus and an Oak.
Re: Orb, I assume Shield doesn't have these problems, since it doesn't allow debuffs while enabled? Does it also provide StunImmune?