The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

More teanwork, the lesser the team?

By on November 18, 2010 8:01:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG_blackmage

Join Date 06/2009
+42

I have spent more time doing 2 v2 in the past month or two, and I have come to notice something. In random pugs of 2 v 2 my teammates are more active and actually try communication then in 3 v3. In more 3v3 I noticed my teammates never talked, never asked for help when they needed it the most, never let anyone know they are about to retreat or even when something couldn't be done. While in 2v2 I found that me and my teammates would get into discussions on who does what and when, who to focus on, and so on.

Does the fact there is one extra rogue element change the scape of the game completely making the team think they won't have to get anything because the other person will do it? Or is it just because in a 3v3 you are more likely to have horrible teammates who just won't listen and think the game is about chase down and kill everything in their path.

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 18, 2010 9:55:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well... I don't know... From what I've played so far, most people do talk if anyone wants to (unless language problems or people who can't both play and type). However someone has to take initiative and try to make people talk (usually I do that first myself like I say what skills, I will take, what upgrades I'll get, etc). Also from time to time warning teammates about enemy favor items, etc. But I don't do that always. Sometimes I just play a silent game (without any notifications, talks, unless someone besides me starts to talk). It might be too tiresome to talk in every single pug game, but if anyone from team wants to, then I am not against that.

2v2 might increase a competition a bit, so communication might be more important for players, because no one might come to save you, no one might do some upgrades, while in 3v3 it is a high chance that someone else will do upgrades (sometimes forcing not to get any upgrades at all) and you feel much safer.

Oh and also. 3v3 without communication is more challenging, so why not to try that sometimes? Then it comes down to understanding your teammates and trusting them (sort of mind reading, which I like ). But also... There are more teammates in 3v3 who insult you for every single thing you do, and that creates either rages or zero communication... Which lessens the communication in future games...

November 18, 2010 10:07:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think we all have had the in game insult done to us or we done ito someone else, so I really think that shouldn't be a factor to stop future communications. Majority of my none vent games are actually silent games because someone just goes out there and does whatever they want majority of the time. I always start the game with my my build is and which lane I am taking and ultimately end up ignored because another demigod goes there the same time I do, or I have a heavens wrath halting my leveling. In a 2v2 It seem to have this problem less, on top of that players on both teams do tend to take less risk, which would back up what you said about players expecting to be saved.

November 19, 2010 1:38:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In random pugs of 2 v 2 my teammates are more active and actually try communication then in 3 v3

I actually find that to be more the case as well.  In a 2v2 match up, folks generally get that they need to talk to their teammate if they have any experience.  In a 3v3, it is somewhat less likely, but I always make a point to speak up.  I'll start the game by asking, _______ can u get cur1 when ws3 comes up?  If they don't respond, then I start thinking, maybe I need to be conservative and get it myself.  Anyway, the bottom line there is YOU should speak up and set the tone.  If they won't talk, they won't talk.  Even if its you saying, I'm reg - I'll get cur1 as soon as ws3 comes up, but I need someone else to get fs1.  If you can nail that little bit of chatting early, you have a better idea of what's in store for you later. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: