The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Demi Check-up.

By on November 5, 2010 1:17:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So its been ages since ive played thread or checked these forums for that matter and see no changes whatsoever. The player base is gone and I could even be wasting my time writing this thread on a dead forum.

Its quite sad actually, as this game had plenty of potential. The devs turned their back on something great.

No journal updates from the last time i checked this forum. Seems like they all lied when they said "We will continue to support the game". The game only became a lost cause when the devs made it so.

I hope another game company sees this game and branches their own form of this game, but with adequate funds to properly support the game this time.

+32 Karma | 8 Replies
November 5, 2010 1:21:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Valve is making DotA II 

November 5, 2010 1:21:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So its been ages since ive played thread or checked these forums for that matter and see no changes whatsoever. The player base is gone and I could even be wasting my time writing this thread on a dead forum.

Its quite sad actually, as this game had plenty of potential. The devs turned their back on something great.

No journal updates from the last time i checked this forum. Seems like they all lied when they said "We will continue to support the game". The game only became a lost cause when the devs made it so.

I hope another game company sees this game and branches their own form of this game, but with adequate funds to properly support the game this time.

gkrit, you hope for too much.

November 5, 2010 1:23:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sarcasm ?

November 5, 2010 7:41:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
Valve is making DotA II 

Blizzard is making DotA II for SC2 as well.

Blizz DotA > Valve DotA

November 17, 2010 6:22:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Gkrit. I came back for a while and found the game is full of haters. Apart from being impossible to start a game in less than 1 hour...not worth it.  stopped playing for good about a month ago and will never play again.

I now play company of heroes online. Much better environment, no rage, no hate. Maybe that's because many people speak no English there? Best of all the game is not as addictive/competitive so it's a hell of a lot better for your health.

I think last time I played with you my profile name was "Lukas_A_79" now I just run away from this rage factory.

November 17, 2010 7:41:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good to hear from you again, gkrit!

It's actually not that hard to get a game going in my experience.  Its true that things have died down quite a bit.  There was a recent demigod sale coinciding with a tournament (that is still going on, sponsored by stardock) that brought some new folks to the game.  The population is still quite low, though.  So, people still do play and have fun. 

I now play company of heroes online.

COH online is fun.  Nice that they give you the SP campaign for free as well. 

I think last time I played with you my profile name was "Lukas_A_79" now I just run away from this rage factory.

You could always play with those of us that aren't quite so rage filled, you know. 

November 18, 2010 10:39:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

You could always play with those of us that aren't quite so rage filled, you know. 

vent is a wonderful thing for playing DG.

May 16, 2011 6:32:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi I've been playing again for a while and now find the ragers in the minority It's a cranky making game 'cos winning is SO much fun lol.

COHO was awesome, but they shut that down forever...sob....

Best way for rage negation... let all know we're all friends or do what I do....rage yourself. i rage myself all the time! I die I tell all I'm an idiot.... And agree when anyone tellls me same... sorry for losing it 4 you I suck.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.