The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Online experience

By on October 31, 2010 2:08:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

coldlava8

Join Date 07/2009
+1

This message relates to "Demigod" the game and the online experience.

To whom this may concern,

On Oct 31st 2010, at approximately 1:30 am the player “ FC-OprahWinfrey “ had verbally assaulted me using a variety of offensive, homophobic and threatening slurs. They include “faggot” and “Die in a fire”, as well other sexually offensive phrases. I had managed to save screen shot of the incident.

The player felt the need to continually use the private message tool to harass me and send me such messages even though I had asked them to stop. I have never seen this player before nor played any games with them ever but in any case, such aggression is unwarranted.

It is very concerning that the demigod community does not monitor such remarks. This should be taken very seriously. I will be looking into legal avenues to see what my rights are in such a situation as soon as possible. It is unfair for people to be treated in such ways and harassed when participating in online recreation.

Regards,

Locked Post 18 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 31, 2010 3:39:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some of us do monitor behavior like this.

Please submit any screen shots you have to this thread.  You can use http://imageshack.us/ to upload any pictures and link to in this thread.

Post any in game screen shots that you took and any pms that were sent as screen shots as well (if he was pm'ing you outside of the game you were in together and you deleted him as a friend, just add him again and the dialog will reappear).  I very much doubt that there is any legal recourse available, but individuals can be banned from demigod. 

edit - If you'd prefer to, just submit your information to [email protected].  Please include all relevant screen shots, etc. 

October 31, 2010 3:47:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

legal avenues for people verbally harassing you online?  Zero.

But yes, it is unwarranted and harassment like that is a good reason to ban.  Submit screenshot to [email protected] like pacov said.

October 31, 2010 3:54:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And to add - flaming won't be tolerated in the FC clan page or in this one.  If current user name FC-OprahWinfrey http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/player/62638 (see link for current user name) wants to discuss this or refute anything, he's welcome to do so here.  If other users have examples of that player harassing them or other folks, please post here.  Thanks. 

Our community is small.  We'd like to create a welcome environment for players that can abide by a simple code of conduct and remove individuals that refuse to be civil when granted the anonymity of the internet. 

October 31, 2010 7:12:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here's a link to a pantheon match on my one my dup accounts:  http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=161996.  I'm posting this as apparently Oprah felt as if he was being cheated somehow.  Feel free to review the replay and let me know if any magical cheats occurred. 

Below is a conversation that took place after he decided he could not win as surely cheating must have occurred.

[URL=http://img801.imageshack.us/i/oprahcallingnames.png/][/URL]

This is a typical interaction with RobertMunch/FC-OprahWinfrey. I've found him to behave this way on more than a few occasions, with folks he's played with before and complete strangers. 

I'll reiterate once again, consider changing your poor behavior and no one has a problem with you.

October 31, 2010 7:21:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov sweetie, considering that you are probably using a mod for visible mines that game definitely deserved to be delisted.  This isn't the first time someone called you out for cheating douche.  Mines were thrown after flag caps and you danced around them without a totem near by.  

October 31, 2010 7:23:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LOLPacovLOL,
Pacov sweetie, considering that you are probably using a mod for visible mines that game definitely deserved to be delisted.  This isn't the first time someone called you out for cheating douche.  Mines were thrown after flag caps and you danced around them without a totem near by.  

Watch the replay buddy using just my pov.  You tell me if I can see those mines or not. 

October 31, 2010 7:25:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how would you know there wasn't a totem? AFAIK totems are invisible to other players. Even then you can usually guess where they are 

October 31, 2010 8:35:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bah - just watch the replay if you like - its pretty obvious how I'm seeing his mines.  His "he's cheating" nonsense relates to me seeing him dropping mines.  I carried 2 totems for a bit... 1 that I dropped and the other that I carried for the increased vision.  And we were playing on fortress.. you know... the mode where it takes forever to capture a flag (increasing the amount of time where he's visible when he's dropping mines). 

October 31, 2010 9:22:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LOLPacovLOL,

ROFLMAO.  ahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

cheating mods for DG?  K.  Cheating in Demigod outside of "im going to desync now" or host quit exploit?  lololol.

Just because you're bad and don't know how to dodge mines when they're thrown at you or wtf totem of revelation does doesn't mean the other person cheats.  ROFL.  You guys should invite Cambokill and Stardock-Team into your clan, they would fit in well with you I think.

October 31, 2010 11:07:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov you compulsive cheater you should be ashamed

October 31, 2010 11:34:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Boxxy_Mithrandar,
Pacov you compulsive cheater you should be ashamed

heh.  I admit it.  I've played enough demigod to be able to not walk into a reg's mine traps.  It appears like cheating to some, I suppose. 

Anyway, as you encounter Oprah behaving as he tends to do, just copy the screen shot and post here.  If he can somehow contain the unending rage caused by life and the anonymity of the internet, then I guess there won't be any more screen shots and that will be that.  It really shouldn't be that hard to avoid calling someone a "faggot" for a few days, eh? 

November 1, 2010 1:00:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
Here's a link to a pantheon match on my one my dup accounts:  http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=161996.  I'm posting this as apparently Oprah felt as if he was being cheated somehow.  Feel free to review the replay and let me know if any magical cheats occurred. 

Below is a conversation that took place after he decided he could not win as surely cheating must have occurred.

[URL=http://img801.imageshack.us/i/oprahcallingnames.png/]Reduced 34%Original 1763 x 1112[/URL]

This is a typical interaction with RobertMunch/FC-OprahWinfrey. I've found him to behave this way on more than a few occasions, with folks he's played with before and complete strangers. 

I'll reiterate once again, consider changing your poor behavior and no one has a problem with you.
thats photoshop

November 3, 2010 12:34:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/443/53440325.jpg

Yes there is little that can be done for isolated situations. players do not sign up to be basked but it happens. if the same clan or person continued i would have a better chance to dispute this matter. Its probably so kid running his mouth off anyways.

November 3, 2010 8:51:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
 If other users have examples of that player harassing them or other folks, please post here.  Thanks. 

Yes, played a game with him, I think I was actually on his team where there was a constant stream of verbal insults, mainly xenophobic. It actually made me pity him and I asked why he was such an angry young man, was there any abuse issues he wanted to share which seemed to slow him down a bit.  

At one point he decided that he was going to get me into trouble with my parents. I did ask him why my sixty year old parents whom I have not even lived with for 15 years were going to care about some argument with an angsty kid on some internet game they have never heard off. But he was generally light on details.

The guy is clearly a very fragile and troubled young person with serious issues. He needs a councillor, the rest of us need to be free of this individual until he gets his head straight. 

November 3, 2010 3:11:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The guy is clearly a very fragile and troubled young person with serious issues. He needs a councillor, the rest of us need to be free of this individual until he gets his head straight. 

Every time I read your posts, I don't understand: how do you manage to sound so banal and so insincere at the same time? It's your elementary school teacher tone (self-righteous, condescending, pseudo-mature) that really rubs me the wrong way, I guess. FYI, before you accuse me of being a fragile and troubled young person and advise me to get laid + to have a life: I've just turned 32, married (de facto), PhD in Comparative Linguistics. See, it still doesn't make me either like or respect you  You know, at least RobertMunch/FC_OprahWinfrey is an obvious asshole, while you are a latent one, which is even worse, in a manner of speaking.

November 4, 2010 8:44:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

IN1, I don’t have a problem with you. Although I can see you clearly have a problem with me for whatever reason. May I point out that Kryo has already locked one thread because you wanted to hound me. So let me make it clear. I am not interested in having some running argument with you, I just don’t care. I’m sure you a nice enough bloke and we have somehow got off on the wrong foot. I would like very much to get along amicably. But please do not bring this up in every thread or you and I will become very unpopular for getting other people threads locked all the time. If you really have something you want to get off your chest by all means PM me, or contact me in game and you can say in vent. But let’s not do this on the forum anymore, and if you willing to put aside this grudge with an apology from me for whatever it is about me that manages to upset you, all the better.  

November 4, 2010 10:48:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is no grudge, and, sadly, I don't think this matter can be settled. I just happen to strongly dislike pompous hypocrites, so I don't think apologizing for being what you are will make any real difference.

However, your point regarding Kryo possibly locking this useful thread because of my comments is 100% valid. Therefore, I'll contain myself in the future whenever I feel the urge to react to your posts.

November 4, 2010 11:16:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/\ oh pls i was starting to enjoy that

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time: