The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mods - Here are the mods that YOU should use

By on October 24, 2010 4:26:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

UPDATE 10/8/2015 - reuploaded the MODs as the old think wasn't working. 

UPDATE 1/15/2013 - Removes MOBA mod; updates Balancemod to Ver 1.31

I thought I’d take a moment to post several of the commonly used mods as we’ve had an influx of new players and even some of the folks that have been around for awhile aren’t using the best mods.   If you want to just cut to the chase, I recommend simply downloading the following package:

Recommended DownloadPacov’s combined installation package

In order to simplify things for the community, I’ll be maintaining a combined installation package for everyone.  As releases to the most popular mods are made, I compile them into 1 executable.  All you have to do is download the executable, run the executable, and enable the mods in the in-game demigod mod manager.  This will basically be your 1 stop shop to getting the latest versions. 

Here’s what’s included in pacov’s combined installation package:

• Enhanced AI
  • Enhanced UI
  • FavorMod
  • Uberfix
  • Balance Mod
  • No Spirit Citadel Rush

Download here:  https://www.box.com/s/kjbn2a9tiimu11a0e5iu

UI MODS

These are mods that improve the in game experience.  Some are simple, logical changes like making it so you can always see a number indicating how much HP or mana you have.  Other mods provide information on your teammate’s health and items.  Yet another one shows you how many minions you have along with their health status.  In short, you put yourself at a little bit of a disadvantage by not using these mods and I strongly recommend you use them.  I’ve added pictures so that you can easily see the differences between the original and modified UI.  Click on the links below to read up for details and to download.

The Enhanced UI mod package

This is a mod that combines the code from the 5 UI mods listed below.  If you choose to use this mod, you do not need to download the other UI mods listed below.  The only real benefit of this mod is that you only need to enable 1 mod instead of 5 in Demigod, but I recommend using this version.  If you have already downloaded my combined installation package, then you already have this.

Bman’s Godlike Team Panel v1.2.3 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay menu showing your teammates stats (hp/mana)

Before the mod:

before teampanel

After the mod:

teampanel

Bman’s Rampaging Minion Overlay 0.6 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay showing minion stats.

Before the mod:

Before Minion

After the mod:

minionsz

Rollover Ally Info v1.4.5 by Chirmaya (1.4.5 updated by pacov):  this enables you to move your mouse over a player on your team and see what items they have.  Very useful for knowing if a teammate has a sigil, etc.
Before the mod:
Before Rollover Ally
After the mod:

Rollover Ally

Always visible health and mana text by gunblob:  This makes it so your health and mana meters always show the text value of your hp as well (instead of just a green and blue bar).

Before the mod:

Before Always Visible

After the mod:

After Always Visible

Enhanced squelch/chat by mithy:  This mod simplifies the in game squelch/muting system and provides enhancements to the chat system.  

MOD’S THAT EVERYONE MUST HAVE INSTALLED TO WORK

This is worth me taking some time to explain.  There are certain mods that will ONLY work if every player in the game has them installed.  In most instances, you won’t be able to join a user’s game if you don’t have the mod installed.  Anyway, I say that to make this clear.  If you host a game with any of the following mods enabled (enabled and installed are very different – enabled means you turned it on in the demigod mod manager – installed means you ran one of the installers), only other players that have these mods installed (note installed – the folks joining your games do not have to enable the mods as long as they installed) will be able to join you.  If a player tries to join one of your games and happens to have an older version of a mod installed, they will still likely be able to join, but the game will desync.  If you have a game desync within the first few minutes, that’s what happened.  You can avoid this by making sure that everyone used my installer to get on the same version. 

Bug FixesUberfix 1.0X – this is a collection of fixes for bugs created by the community.

malicious_AIEnhanced AI v1.X – This is an excellent AI mod that vastly improves the vanilla AI.  If you even remotely like playing against the AI, use this mod and try it again. 

FavorMod v2.X – this is a brilliant collection of new favor items created by another great modder going by Exxcentric.  He’s created 20 + new favor items with a variety of new abilities.  Try this out for fun!

Balance Mod v1.X - this is a balance mod that's evolved over the past year or so created by Lord_Orion. 

Enfo’s Mod v1.3 SP and v1.1 SP/MP – this is another great mod created by Exxcentric.  In this mod, you fight wave after wave of creeps on a customized version of the brother’s map.  If you are looking to try something new, give this a shot.

MOBA 1.X - This mod places more emphasis on the MOBA aspects of the game. Citadel upgrades are affordable, and citadel upgrade units do not yield gold and XP to the enemy. As such, you'll be wanting to put more emphasis on citadel upgrades compared to normal Demigod. This is also a great opportunity to explore other aspects of Demigod's design that are often unseen in normal games, such as fielding upgraded citadel units early in the game or having heavily upgraded towers.

No Citadel Spirit Rush - The purpose of this mod is to remove an oaks ability to use a "spirit rush" to kill a citadel without nerfing a minion oak in any other way (eg all other structures, creeps, and demigods still take the same level of dmg as normal).

Last, in case the version I reuploaded isn't working, here a copy of an older version that I know still works.  Only use this if you can't get the one at the top to work.  https://app.box.com/s/05eqy6coh57rg1uapzinf8gn0guz1txj

Pinned Post 161 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 25, 2011 6:17:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 02/25/2011 – Added Crazy Town Version 8 to the combined install package.  All mods current as of 6:16PM EST.

March 19, 2011 7:21:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hello this dont work by me.

can anyone help me please ??

greetz

crycfos

March 19, 2011 9:34:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting crycfos,
hello this dont work by me.

can anyone help me please ??

greetz

crycfos

Hi crycfos,

I just checked the link for the main installer and its working as expected.  If you want to download the combined install package, just click here:  http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

And then click on the download button in the middle of the screen.  After downloading, run the executable (make sure you have demigod closed at this time).  After you finish installing, load up demigod and click on MOD MANAGER.  From there, you can enable the mods so that they will work in game. 

Let me know if you have any questions or further problems.  Thanks.

March 22, 2011 10:39:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank you OMG_pacov now its working

March 22, 2011 5:14:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad I could help!

April 4, 2011 9:08:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 04/04/2011 – Removed Crazy Town Version 8; added Crazy Town RC1; added uberfix 1.04RC2.  Uberfix 1.03 will continue to be included in this package until version 1.04 is finalized.  All mods current and as of 9:04PM EST, we’ve had 894 total downloads since the last version.

April 7, 2011 9:56:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 04/07/2011 – Removed Uberfix 1.03 and Uberfix 1.04RC2.  Added Uberfix 1.04.  All mods current as of 9:53PM EST.  We’ve had approximately 1600 downloads since the combined installer rolled out.

April 11, 2011 6:08:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 04/11/2011 – Removed CrazyTown RC1.  Added CrazyTown 1.0 (FINAL).  All mods current as of 6:05PM EST.

April 13, 2011 3:34:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 04/13/2011 – Removed Uberfix 1.04.  Added Uberfix 1.05.  All mods current as of 3:31PM EST.

April 14, 2011 4:56:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thx, all download.

April 16, 2011 3:48:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update, pacov.  +1 karma.

These are important mods.  Any chance of making this thread a sticky?  It sure would make it easier to find, especially for those of us who don't visit the site often enough to memorize posts/threads, etc. 

Edit:

Oops.  I guess it's already a sticky, but in an apparently hidden "Mods" forum.  Perhaps some sort of tag in the Demigod forum could point to this one.  I know that the regulars here would think that's overkill, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this area off of the beaten track.  (This one is only visible from the "Home" forum, which might not be regularly visited by non regulars like myself).

April 16, 2011 5:34:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MottiKhan,
Thanks for the update, pacov.  +1 karma.

These are important mods.  Any chance of making this thread a sticky?  It sure would make it easier to find, especially for those of us who don't visit the site often enough to memorize posts/threads, etc. 

Edit:

Oops.  I guess it's already a sticky, but in an apparently hidden "Mods" forum.  Perhaps some sort of tag in the Demigod forum could point to this one.  I know that the regulars here would think that's overkill, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this area off of the beaten track.  (This one is only visible from the "Home" forum, which might not be regularly visited by non regulars like myself).

I agree with this, although the mod posts belong in the mod forum, your mod package should be advertised on the main forum.

Maybe make an additional terse, yet descriptive closed post sticky in the main forum linking to the package instead of linking to this mod post which is needed for feedback.

April 18, 2011 8:25:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 04/18/2011 – Removed Crazytown 1.0.  Added Crazytown 1.1.  All mods current as of 8:25PM EST.

Moved this thread to the demigod general channel per request.  It is now a stickied thread there.

April 27, 2011 9:18:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uberfix 1.05 needs to be added.

Thanks for the great mod package.

EDIT: I see it is already in there I guess the OP just needs to be updated

April 27, 2011 10:27:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ah - thanks for that - I'll update the op now. 

April 28, 2011 9:58:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 04/28/2011 – Removed Crazytown 1.1.  Added Crazytown 1.2.  All mods current as of 10:00AM EST.

May 3, 2011 5:25:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi, I've installed this package thanks. I don't see many people running games with this mod tho.

Can't they make these mods an update through inpulse and that way make all installations get the mod?

May 3, 2011 8:40:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting A_Running_Man,
Can't they make these mods an update through inpulse and that way make all installations get the mod?

They could, but I don't currently believe they are planning on doing that. 

I typically just call a game FAVOR MOD and then host with the mods enabled or AI MOD, etc.  No one uses the mods 100% of the time, but there are many folks that like using them, so a game with a title like favor mod often draws in folks.  But that said, there is still a little bit of a wait, so just keep that in mind. 

May 5, 2011 5:25:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Small bug with the installer

If you have just recently installed and updated demigod the mod folder does not exist yet.

You must have run demigod first to get this folder created, so this causes the mod files to go nowhere.

Maybe add the option to create the directory if it doesn't exist?

May 14, 2011 1:24:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 05/14/2011 – Removed Crazytown 1.2.  Added Crazytown 1.3 Final.   All mods current as of 1:00PM EST.

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Small bug with the installer

If you have just recently installed and updated demigod the mod folder does not exist yet.

You must have run demigod first to get this folder created, so this causes the mod files to go nowhere.

Maybe add the option to create the directory if it doesn't exist?

I'll take a look at that.  Thanks.

May 20, 2011 2:14:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I use the UI mod and the other day got told by thymalus that to use it is cheating..... How?

Aslo Cficare told me using postmoretem/plague with UB is cheating because the game lagged..... any thoughts?

May 20, 2011 2:39:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes - I can answer this stuff for you - np

There are some folks that have maintained that if you use a mod that shows you your teammates equipment are cheating because other players that (note - REFUSE to get the mod), cannot see.  This puts those folks at a disadvantage.  That's actually the crux of the argument.  There were earlier versions of the mod that enabled you to see the opposing teams gold (by player).  That, you could argue, would give you some insight to what the other team was going to buy (eg you know who is about to buy currency by looking at who has 1800 gold around ws3.  That version of the mod was deleted and replaced by my version that does not provide such insight.  My version only shows you teammate items.  Anyway, I will also add that, apparently outside of thymalus, no one is bitching about using UI mods.  The mod package has seen > 2,000 downloads.  It's safe to assume that no one but stubborn folks (who think seeing their teammates items is a cheating offense) or brand new players do not have the mod.  In that case, you can point them to this thread. I think everyone would honestly agree that the ui mods make the game better.  If it was cheating, imo anyway, I could see if someone on the other team had a sigil, etc.  If that was the case, I could chase them down and kill them if I saw they had no out.  This mod doesn't do that.  Tell thymalus to visit the forums, read this thread, and then download the mod like everyone else playing demigod > 10 games.

RE; postmortem/plague.  1 - its certainly not cheating.  cficare misspoke for sure if he said that.  However, its been clear that some players get a slowdown effect when postmortem/plague are used.  This can lag the game out.  So, experienced players don't use this as a courtesy to everyone.  So - now that you know, don't use it.  You certainly were not cheating - but it can lag the game if your opponents (or you yourself) have a weaker pc.  If there is a another patch to dg, this fix is something that I hope to see as it certainly has a negative impact on other players.

May 20, 2011 3:45:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kk It was the first time I used it and it actually turned the game to a great degree. Too bad, 'cos I've never used it with UB cos I didnt know how effective it would be.... Guess I'll stick to my usual PM-less beast

May 20, 2011 4:16:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To be clear, it's not Post-Mortem that causes lag, only Plague itself.  PM works fine, although you won't get kill credit for anything that dies to PM blasts unless the game has the UberFix running.

May 21, 2011 1:35:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another "cheat" accusation I have seen recenty. When my teammate uses oak (I can't use oak I'm useless) and does a spirit and minion build I've seen people RQ saying minion oak and minion ereb are 'cheating' and 'boring cheat'.

Yeah, pm was mucho effective with plague especially considering all creeps were out. Both sides had full citadel buffs and the turn of the tide was my spit with splatter and plague damage effecting the push. The lag was a bitch, if that were fixed I'd be plaguing the planet!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: