The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

2nd Demigod Community Tournament - Replay Commentaries/Discussions

By on October 18, 2010 2:39:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

K apparently we want to bog down the index with large amounts of threads, each dealing with specific parts of the tourney, rather than combine some of them in a reasonable fashion

Anyway.. please post exceptional replays* from the tournament here and I'll watch them and commentate  

*exceptional replays:

- omfg 16 kills on both sides, lmao ashkandor / bulwark / allfather's ring

- who does this?!!?! Speed Rook / aa DA / aa Reg is victorious against MrOrcenz?!

- OMG we both went for the citadel at the end.. we won with our cit @ 2000 life!

- Basically something interesting to commentate, preferably a close game or a comeback.

DON'T SPOIL IT.  Please place spoiler tags.. as long as you think it's exceptional based on the above.. just say "WATCH THIS" 

+20 Karma | 53 Replies
October 18, 2010 3:05:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh wait, i got an idea - why dont we post all of our discussions in the Tourney results thread! 

you

haha

I wish we could have gotten a sub-forum to keep all of our tourney related threads together.

October 18, 2010 3:21:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol.  Just givin u and pacov a little bit of a hard time

October 18, 2010 3:33:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's all good bro! 

October 18, 2010 4:30:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heh - maybe your should clean your own thread up, jon.    I'm fixing the results thread up for you in the meantime. 

October 18, 2010 8:50:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seriously, why pro vs noob in first match ?? I just saw like 10min from the 1st match with orcun/shane/defender....its was a carnage. You should put noob vs noob at the start. They didnt get any challenge. Its bad for noob :/

October 18, 2010 9:30:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting primz,
Seriously, why pro vs noob in first match ?? I just saw like 10min from the 1st match with orcun/shane/defender....its was a carnage. You should put noob vs noob at the start. They didnt get any challenge. Its bad for noob :/

Don't know if you've read the other thread but it's round robin, the goal is for everyone to play everyone else at some point.  It just so happens that the newer teams have been the ones most excited to play on the first couple of days, we go against whoever is available when we are. This one is the only good tournament game so far:

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=158554

October 18, 2010 9:30:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a round robin, they're going to be playing at some point.  No assigned matches.. they're doing them in any order depending on who is on and available to play.

October 18, 2010 9:37:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah - I really don't want to discourage newer players, but there is no real scheduling - if teams are available, then that's that - though I agree - I'd rather not put newer teams up against the strongest ones right out of the gate.

October 19, 2010 7:45:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Haaa my bad.....forgot about the robin hood point in this tournament

I will watch ur 7/8 games in tournement Shane

October 19, 2010 10:47:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
heh - maybe your should clean your own thread up, jon.    I'm fixing the results thread up for you in the meantime. 

I can't, i'm not even a moderator in my own thread (unless i have to do it from the impulse login???)

October 19, 2010 6:25:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is something weird with the 3 replays from shane/orcun/hemp vs darz/dark/Iz...each replay do a critical before the 1st minutes. Its only me or someone else have the same prob ??

October 19, 2010 8:39:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting primz,
There is something weird with the 3 replays from shane/orcun/hemp vs darz/dark/Iz...each replay do a critical before the 1st minutes. Its only me or someone else have the same prob ??

Really? I've only heard of that when you don't have the correct uberfix.  But since you watched the first replay who knows what it could be.

October 19, 2010 8:43:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you have to have the latest version of uberfix installed to watch the tourney games

October 20, 2010 7:53:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting primz,

Anyway don't watch them please.

October 20, 2010 8:06:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,
you have to have the latest version of uberfix installed to watch the tourney games

Okidou...didnt know about that. I will install it

Quoting Darz4,

Quoting primz,
reply 11

lol why ??? it was a carnage ???

October 20, 2010 8:31:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting 4Nana,

oh - i didn't know that.  Didn't think mods would be required to view a replay, but good to know. 

October 20, 2010 8:38:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I haven't watched any of the replays from the tourney yet, but the tourney game I played in yesterday was an excellent game imo.  This game would probably be worth making a commentary over, but as rawrrr and I are both in the game, it might be best to have someone else do some commentary (good chance to get your feet wet if you want, jon).  Anyway, I'm not entirely sure how soon we'll get the remaining 2 games in our series (hopefully this week at least), but I'm live streaming all of my tournament games, so if you want to watch it live, you can.

Here's a link to the replay:

Team cow/soccer/pacov wins game 1 against rawrr/kalel/jona

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=159070&st=0#7744851

October 20, 2010 8:52:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The first game was good I thought.

October 20, 2010 9:44:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting primz,
lol why ??? it was a carnage ???

On the 2nd and the 3rd... yeah. Especially the 3rd. I'm still psychologically affected.

October 20, 2010 9:45:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
(good chance to get your feet wet if you want, jon). 

Here's a link to the replay:

Team cow/soccer/pacov wins game 1 against rawrr/kalel/jona

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=159070&st=0#7744851

I just might do that, maybe i can make time for it over the next few days or so.

How long is the game?

October 20, 2010 9:54:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just might do that, maybe i can make time for it over the next few days or so.

How long is the game?

I'm not sure - game time should be in my pantheon stats from yesterday(cheeesus), though - I'd grab ya a link, but I can't access the dg sites directly from work.

October 20, 2010 2:36:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no biggie, i'll see it soon enough when i get home tonight. 

October 20, 2010 7:15:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darz4,

Quoting primz, reply 15lol why ??? it was a carnage ???

On the 2nd and the 3rd... yeah. Especially the 3rd. I'm still psychologically affected.

I'll be setting up a Critical Incident Stress Debriefing thread for all those who play against Team McShorcun.

You're not alone... together we'll have the strength to carry on after the carnage.

October 21, 2010 6:53:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,
You're not alone... together we'll have the strength to carry on after the carnage.

I don't want to talk about it. The wound is still bleeding. I must start a new chapter in my life.

October 21, 2010 11:04:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darz4,

Quoting Thundercles, reply 23You're not alone... together we'll have the strength to carry on after the carnage.
I don't want to talk about it. The wound is still bleeding. I must start a new chapter in my life.
just prepare hard like ROCKY and you will find a second chance for REDEMPTION!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.