The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Uberfix 1.022 - 2nd Demigod Community Tournament Mod

By on October 16, 2010 12:22:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+183

Here is the official 2nd Demigod Community Tournament mod

Just to quickly bring you fellas up to speed, uberfix was a community mod that was originally created by ptarth.  Basically, it included bug fixes to Demigod as the community is able to release fixes faster than the developer.  Uberfix has seen several releases as of today. 

It was my original intent to use the latest version of uberfix (as published by the original team) for the tournament (version 1.03RC2).  However, after testing, there are some substantial issues with that version of uberfix (occulus becoming randomly invisible as a painful example).

As the majority of the original modding team are unavailable to implement the required changes to fix that version (1.03RC2) quickly, I have created an updated version that has been tested and works great with the current version of Demigod.  The only reason I created this was to get something in place for the tournament and we are pressed for time.  That said, we have had many successful test games without any issues, so my new version is considered a stable build.

So, here's exactly what I did.  I took a copy of uberfix 1.02.  That was the last stable version, but it was designed for demigod 1.2.  I backed out changes that have been fixed by demigod 1.3.  I also carried over a few changes that were stable from the 1.03RC2 release.  These changes are critical, imo, to ensuring balance in the tournament. See the change log for more details. 

How to install:

• Close Demigod (if open)
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\mods\ or C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\mods\
  • Delete any versions of the uberfix mod that you might have installed
  • Download this executable at this link:  http://www.box.net/shared/0tn5meam2g
  • Execute the program and install
  • Open Demigod
  • Open the mod manager and choose to install uberfix1.022
  • Play

Changelog:

v1.022
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Removed Wings of Seraphim fix as it was included in the demigod 1.3 update
Removed Heart of Life fix as it was included in the demigod 1.3 update
Removed fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has minion health items as it was included in the demigod 1.3 update
Removed fix for unclean beast plague ability overwriting post mortem as it was included in the demigod 1.3 update
Removed fix for ball lightning spawning in invalid locations as it was included in the demigod 1.3 update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v1.021
Fix for Ironwalkers buff always enabled for rook
Fix to remove buffs from desperate boots and ironwalkers on sell/drop
v1.02
Oculus Sacrifice Fix by Ptarth
Sacrifice now will heal allied units.

Unclean Beast Ooze Suicide Fix by Ptarth
Ooze now correctly ends when the Unclean Beast is low on Health.

Lord Erebus Poisoned Blood Fix by Ptarth
Poisoned Blood Potions now act like the potions they disguise themselves as to the team whose Lord Erebus
dropped them. This prevents Lord Erebus from farming his death and stops his team from being penalized
for his skill choice.

Oculus Electrocution Fix by Ptarth
Health and Mana regeneration are now correctly stopped when a unit is under the effect of Electrocution.

Torch Bearer Projectile slowdown Fix by Ptarth
Torch Bearer's fireballs and Ice blasts now correctly home in on targets. This includes his Fireball ability.

Unclean Beast Post Mortem Plague Conflict Fix by Exxcentric
Plague I and II no longer remove the Post Mortem death effect.

Rook Move Attack Fix by Ptarth
Rook now is able to move attack properly.

v1.01
Orb of Veiled Storms Fix by Ptarth (bug reported by awuffleablehedgie)
The Orb of Veiled Storms now deals ArmorImmune damage like every other demigod ability and weapon
ability (except for the Doomspite Grips and Girdle of Giants, which have a cleave attack).

Lord Erebus Mist Form by Ptarth
Fixed Mist Form ability so that it correctly ends when Lord Erebus has less than 125 mana.

ZikFix (Zikurat Tower Fix) by mrappard
The Dark side towers on Zikurat while playing Conquest now spawn correctly.
v1.0
Minion +hp Fix by Ptarth
Minions summoned by Demigods Generals [Sedna, Lord Erebus, Oak, Queen of Thorns, Oculus] with +minion
hp items now have the correct health

Oculus Brain Storm Fix by Ptarth
Brain Storm now has a visual effect at all levels, instead of only when Oculus has Mental Agility
Brain Storm now removes debuffs on targeted unit as specified by the rollover tooltip text.

Queen of Thorns Attack Animation Glitch by Ptarth
Reduced the lifetime of the QoT's root attack animation to make the animation look better.
This is only a cosmetic change.

Oculus Lightning Ball Summons by Ptarth
Lightning Balls will no longer summon in map void space.

Oculus Lightning Blast by Ptarth
Lightning Blast now occurs at the origin of the target instead of the origin of the unit that triggers
the effect.

Missing Oculus Shield Effect by Ptarth
Oculus now has a visible Shield effect.

Heart of Life and Wings of the Seraphim Healing Fix by Ptarth (awuffleablehedgie provided starter code)
The Heart of Life and Wings of Seraphim no longer stop their regeneration effects when the user is healed.

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 16, 2010 12:23:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

October 16, 2010 3:38:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good Morning.

I check on things on occasion. Miriyaka has put in a ton of work on this and is mostly responsible for the recent work. He has basically been running things. I've been somewhat disenchanted with the assistance that SD & GPG gave. It is understandable, but still disenchanting.

All that being said, any details on Oculus going invisible or the other fixes that aren't quite working correctly? I'm busy and lacking enthusiasm, but if it isn't too bad I'd throw in a few more hours of work.

October 16, 2010 10:36:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All that being said, any details on Oculus going invisible or the other fixes that aren't quite working correctly? I'm busy and lacking enthusiasm, but if it isn't too bad I'd throw in a few more hours of work.

Honestly, I'm not sure what exactly was causing the problem with 1.03RC2.  Let's see - a couple things I noticed - not entirely sure this one is really a problem, but you know that effect that happens if rook is standing near one of the team's towers (not his towers) and he has the the tower of light upgrade?  Well, the there is a chain effect to the closest towers where you see them visually linking.  Well, at one point, he was visually linked to, I believe, every tower on his team.  It faded after about 10 seconds, but then happened again.

Another problem with 1.03RC2 - occulus could cast brainstorm over and over and over.  It had no cool down. 

Another problem - occulus would randomly go invisible.  From what I could tell, this did not happen until late game... it "could" have had something related to his blast off animation at a certain level, as that's when I observed it the first time, but I really think he just started going invisible.  Our test game was a 3v3 on cataract. 

Anyway, I certainly do appreciate you guys checking in on things and all of the hard work you put into this over several months.  There's technically no rush on getting a fixed 1.03RC2 at this point as this version should get us through the tournament a-ok. 

October 27, 2010 1:00:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Welp, I kind of lost interest in maintaining this too.  I never got any feedback, and didn't have the opportunity to test it in multiplayer, so it's quite possible that my Oculus fixes introduced the issues that you've observed.

Rook's code was untouched in 1.03, and that chain link bug you saw is related to Demigod's many inherent beam / chain issues (some of which I fixed in Oculus' Chain Lightning ability, though those fixes would relate in no way to Rook's towers).

Took a quick look at Oculus' code, and Brain Storm is hardly touched at all?  I recall testing it and having no problems / log errors.  The only way it could have zero cooldown from the changes I made is if it's somehow now throwing an error, which will prevent the rest of the ability cleanup code from running.

Incidentally, I just noticed that Brain Storm clears debuffs on the Oculus who is casting it, rather than on the target.  Is that intended? Isn't it supposed to clear the target's debuffs?

The only other Oculus functions that are modified in 1.03 are Chain Lightning (effects/sticky lightning fix), Lightning Blast (friendly fire disabled), and Ball Lightning summoning (attack move fix).  None of these could result in Oculus being made invisible; how often did this happen, and was it reliably linked to a particular ability use?

Edit: Oh, well, I never did test the change I made to his character (model/animation) blueprint.  All I did was translate Ptarth's changes into non-destructive form, and I confirmed that the correct variables were being changed, but I never tested the result.  If I messed this up somehow, it could mean that his invulnerability mesh is broken, and his model might be disappearing when he's made invulnerable by Shield / Orb of Defiance.

Of course, if there's no interest in using 1.03 version in the tournament or if the tournament is already over, then I don't really care to fix it at this point, since the community is pretty much dead otherwise.

October 27, 2010 3:47:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Welp, I kind of lost interest in maintaining this too.

Thanks for all the time you fellas put into things though.  Even if you guys are done, the work was appreciated. 

The only other Oculus functions that are modified in 1.03 are Chain Lightning (effects/sticky lightning fix), Lightning Blast (friendly fire disabled), and Ball Lightning summoning (attack move fix). None of these could result in Oculus being made invisible; how often did this happen, and was it reliably linked to a particular ability use?

It went downright crazy maybe about 15-18 minutes into a game.  We started noticing some of the effects I mentioned, and then oc would intermittently vanish.  I think it might have been tied to blast off, but don't know for sure.  We were just doing a 3v3 test game with the mod to see how it worked and if we had stability issues, and then we started seeing the various issues. 

We won't be using 1.03 for the tournament at this point - it was really just a timing thing that prompted me to release this version.  I can't say for certain that we'll have another tournament after this one, but I tend to think its likely.  We'd either stick with this version or use an updated release if further work went into the uberfix mod. 

Incidentally, I just noticed that Brain Storm clears debuffs on the Oculus who is casting it, rather than on the target. Is that intended? Isn't it supposed to clear the target's debuffs?

hmm... I was under the impression it would clear whoever he targeted. 

If I messed this up somehow, it could mean that his invulnerability mesh is broken, and his model might be disappearing when he's made invulnerable by Shield / Orb of Defiance.

Well - there was no orb of defiance in use... can't remember if there was an oak on their side.  But even if there was, the timing was strange when I started seeing him disappear (he was just wandering through our base solo, goofing off) - so I don't think a shield was involved at the time... unless the effect somehow persisted... but even that's weird because he vanished on and off.

October 28, 2010 5:12:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When you say invisible, was he still targetable by creeps/towers/minions and simply wasn't visible, or could he literally just walk past towers without being fired upon (from his perspective - you might not see the tower beam because it needs an endpoint to display properly).

Post here again if you guys decide to get another tournament together, and I'll take a stab at fixing some of these things.

October 28, 2010 6:44:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When you say invisible, was he still targetable by creeps/towers/minions and simply wasn't visible, or could he literally just walk past towers without being fired upon (from his perspective - you might not see the tower beam because it needs an endpoint to display properly).

I can't say for sure - but I'd wager the error is reproducable if I can get 6 folks to test it again.  I wish i remembered.  I just remember seeing occ walking through the middle of my base, then blinking out for about 3-4 seconds, then reappearing... I really don't want to speculate as it might lead you down the wrong path.  I'll see if I can get some fellas to test sometime in the near future.  

I will post here if we get another tourney going after this one.  Thanks again for all the hard work, guys! 

December 12, 2010 1:48:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This version of the mod is now officially obsolete.  The remainder of the tournament will be played out using uberfix 1.03 after considerable stability testing. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: