The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

MOO 1+2 on Impulse Question.

By on September 16, 2010 11:13:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

MOO was a DOS game.  I remember trying to re-install it years ago on my Win XP machine, but I could not get the sound to work because the old DOS soundcard settings aren't used anymore in windows.  Does anyone know how to get sound to work for these old DOS games on newer windows based computers?

+4 Karma | 4 Replies
September 16, 2010 11:21:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are you using doxbox? When i have I have had no issues with sound on dos games.

September 16, 2010 11:28:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't even know what doxbox is?  heh  I think when I tried it, I just did it from the DOS prompt option in windows.  The game started to run, but then it wanted to know my sound card's RMA DMA and hex addresses (or whatever those old DOS sound card setting were back in the day).  heh

September 16, 2010 5:34:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Download dox box and run it with that.  Should work fine.  Dosbox is free.  I think with current versions you can just drag the game exe onto the doxbot exe and it will auto run it for you.

September 16, 2010 6:14:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/ page down here and learn a lot about DOSBOX.

I think Impulse comes with DOSBOX and with it already configured for you. I know the same deal at www.gog.com does. The forum at gog will provide you with help should you need any. On Vista, it just worked. No problems. Start with a shortcut on the desktop as per usual and begin playing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.