Welcome to the 2nd Demigod community tournament (Pacov's Last Stand) - rules and registration thread!
UPDATE 1: The scheduling thread has been opened. Please head over there and post when you are available to play: http://forums.impulsedriven.com/399006
UPDATE 2: A new version of uberfix is available AND is required for the tournament. Please see here and download/install: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/399037
UPDATE 3: The RESULTS thread has been opened. Please head over there to track your wins/losses/replays: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/399047
Update 4: Registration is now closed. Alternates are still allowed, but no new teams will be allowed to register at this point.
Update 5: Added ventrilo (voice chat) server information for those of you that would like to use voice chat. It also helps in finding people that are ready to play their matches!
Update 6: The replay commentaries/discussions thread has been opened: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/399150. Check this thread out for news on live streaming events during the tournament along with commentaries and video for some of the games in this tournament!
This thread will cover all of the relevant rules and registration information. Please see below for all of the details.
The tournament began on 10/16/2010. Please be aware that this tournament will not begin and end on 10/16/2010. It will actually take several weeks to complete.
In April 2010, we started our first community demigod tournament. The tournament was 2v2 and certain demigod selections were restricted. The tourney carried a crash prize donated by people in the community and was won by the two man team of zen_god and King_of_thorns. For more details on that tourney, read up here: (http://forums.demigodthegame.com/380837).
- The tournament will be played as a 3v3 round robin tournament. Round robin simply means that there is no elimination outside of disqualification. Your team will play each and every team.
- Each match in the tournament will consist of 3 total games.
- We will track every win and loss. The team with the most wins is the winner of the round robin portion of our tournament.
- After the round robin has concluded, the top 4 teams will battle it out elimination style in the best 2 out of 3 games.
- All matches will be played on cataract with default settings (the only exceptions being AI HP on Very High and AI Gold/XP on low).
- Each team will play 1 round on the light side, then 1 round on the dark side. In the 3rd round, if each team has 1 win, the team that had the fastest win in game 1 or 2 gets to pick the side they want to be on. If one team already has 2 wins, the team with no wins gets to pick the side they want to be on (keep in mind the following rule).
- The team that is on the dark side must pick their characters and ready up first. Then the team on the light side gets to pick and the dark side does not have a chance to adjust their characters.
- Players using oak may not use spirits to perform a citadel rush. Any player doing this will have their entire team disqualified for that game giving a win to the opposing team. If you don't know what this terminology means, odds are you aren't citadel rushing with spirits.
- Players MUST form their own teams
- One player from each game must report their stats in. We will open up a tournament stat tracking thread after the tournament begins.
- To track your wins, you must do the following - post the replay at gamereplays.org. If you have issues with gamereplays, upload the file to rapid share and provide us with a link. One player from the winning team should do this for each and every match.
- Each team must complete a minimum of 2 matches (6 games) per week. If there are extenuating circumstances, then the decision making panel will review them. Failure to complete 2 matches per week will result in a disqualification for your team.
- ALL teams are required to use the version of the uberfix mod here: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/399037
- Each team is allowed to have exactly 1 alternate
- The alternate must not be participating in the tournament (either directly registered for the tournament or on a duplicate account). If it is discovered that the alternate is a player that is already in the tournament, but using a different account, all of those matches will be forfeited.
- The same alternate cannot be used by multiple teams
- If a team wins a cash prize with an alternate on their team, that team must determine how they will handle the prize money. The decision making panel has nothing to do with how you choose to split up the money.
There will be a cash prize > $600. Jongalt will be handling the collection of the money for this tournament. We are discussing the prize money in this linked thread: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/398009. We appreciate any contributions to the prize. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNEY.
Here is how we will be splitting the winnings from the pot:
- 10% goes to the team that wins the round robin
- 50% of the balance goes to the winner of the playoffs
- 25% of the balance goes to the 2nd place winner of the playoffs
- 15% of the balance goes to the 3rd place winner of the playoffs
- Participation raffle - 1 player from a team that has completed all of their games in the tournament will be entered into a random drawing after the tournament ends. That player will receive a prize of $30 as incentive for finishing the tournament. This money will be taken from the total cash pot before any other money is distributed by percentage. Any player that has won a cash prize is NOT eligible for the participation raffle.
Each 3 man team must use the following formula to make their Demigod character selections based on a 7 point maximum. Be aware that no duplicate demigods are permitted on the same team. This means you cannot choose random.
- Demon Assassin/Regulus - 1 point
- Oculus/Queen of Thorns/Senda/Torch Bearer - 2 points
- Lord Erebus/Oak/Rook/Unclean Beast - 3 points
Tournament Time Zone
The official time zone of the tournament is set for EST US time. Players that are outside of that timezone are certainly welcome to play. However, if there are significant scheduling difficulties due to players unable meet at the same time, the team furthest outside of the EST zone will most likely be disqualified or forfeit that match. This rule does not excuse folks in the EST zone from any responsibility. All parties in this tournament should endeavor to schedule their matches with other teams and try to be as flexible as possible.
Decision Making Panel
This tournament will be governed by a decision making panel consisting of pacov, McShane, hedgie with Jongalt as an alternate. The panel's purpose is as follows:
- Review any scheduling issues and making the final decisions with regards to disqualification.
- Reviewing replays as required (crashes and desyncs)
- Resolving any disputes that arise
The panel's decision on all matters will be the final word for this tournament. And last, the members of the decision making panel will not make any decisions on the games they are playing in. We didn't have a panel in place for the first tournament and that was a mistake.
How will we handle crashes
If there is a game crash, the players involved in that match should see if they can come to a consensus on the probable outcome of the match. If there is no clear winner, the 2 teams should replay the match using the exact same demigods and sides (light/dark). If there was a clear winner at that point in the game, then that team should be awarded the win. If the 2 teams disagree on the outcome, then the decision making panel will review the replay of the match and render a decision. Be aware that the decision making panel must agree that a specific team was going to win or the results will be thrown out and the match redone. Please be thoughtful if you want the panel to review a match.
How we will handle invalid game states
The lastgamereplay file is still created in the event of an invalid game state, so it is still possible to review the results of a match. In the event of an invalid game state, players should attempt to resolve the issue exactly the same way as game crashes. If you believe foul play occurred, submit the replay along with any screen shots, etc, as evidence and the decision making panel will review. If there is a CLEAR consensus that a team is willingly triggering invalid game states, that team will be disqualified after a thorough review of the facts and will no longer be able to participate in the tournament. If your game does crash, it might be advisable to take a screen shot of the crash as proof. Be aware that we know invalid game states can occur without any sort of foul play, so please be mindful when submitting requests for review.
- Soccermom, OMG_Zex, pacov
- Orcun, McShane, Defender
- beastmode, generalG, stiffyG
- IamKira, Mith, Zen_God
- bad daddy/chiefy/trousersnake
- Iz_, Darz4, Darkliath
- Nacelle, VulturePwns, LoCoJoK3R
- Commando51, Rezzan, and T-Schert
- arkANG3L, swordguyj, and Firefromthesky
Please be aware that other players are elligible to be an alternate based on the rules outlined in the alternates section. I've simply left this list here so teams will know at least a few of the players that might be available as alternates.
For any of you that would like to use it, we have a public ventrilo (voice chat) server that you are welcome to use for the tournament. Even if you don't have a microphone, if only 1 person on your team does, it can be very useful to use voice chat (at least 11 of the registered teams will be using voice chat. Why not you too?
Here's all of the info you need to get started:
Here is where you can download the client (its free): http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
Here are instructions on how to use ventrilo to connect to a server: http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php
And here's the needed server info:
Server Name: Lagwar's Ventrilo Server
I have created some password protected channels for those of you that would like to use the server. Scroll down until you see channel Oh My Demigod. You will then see tournament channel 1/2/3. The password for these channels are demigod. Let me know if you have any questions.