The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Do a lot of people still play online?

By on September 9, 2010 7:44:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BabyBlue1

Join Date 09/2010
+1

I'm thinking about getting this game, but I'm wondering if a lot of people still play online. And whats the community like.

Thanks for any help.

Locked Post 19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 9, 2010 8:13:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

currently there are 23 ppl in game or lobby.  Community has pretty much died out entirely with almost 0 forum activity except among ppl who still keep in touch.  I would not personally recommend this game at all anymore, sorry.

September 10, 2010 1:31:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Don't bother...right now Stardock is busy with Elemental (which they will never finish like Demigod!)

September 10, 2010 12:04:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nvm I already bought it. I've got some friends who will play online with me.

September 10, 2010 1:48:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes but the online community is dominated by state whores now, so playing online is no longer worth it.

September 10, 2010 1:58:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you only ever play single-player or LAN (or online with friends only) you have a pretty good/solid game. Quite fun.

I recommend NOT playing multiplayer online with strangers.

September 10, 2010 2:34:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah... game is good, but players online are... how to say... very rude towards new players. Newbies are being kicked from 95% games + even in noobs rooms, usually there are players, who are at least a bit experienced and join to get their % higher by smashing newbs... Moreover there are very few players who are nice and can play with new players and have fun...

So mostly this game is good only for a small circle of people you know or playing alone. Strangers would be a challenge of both skills and nerves... (what usually isn't worth a bad match anyway).

However if you ever want to play with someone online, I can play with you. I love new people and simple, not full of rage and anger, matches

September 10, 2010 2:56:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah, the one time I tried to play online, I joined a noob server. After waiting 15 minutes I got kicked right before the game started.

September 10, 2010 5:24:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darkliath,
Yeah... game is good, but players online are... how to say... very rude towards new players. Newbies are being kicked from 95% games + even in noobs rooms, usually there are players, who are at least a bit experienced and join to get their % higher by smashing newbs... Moreover there are very few players who are nice and can play with new players and have fun...

So mostly this game is good only for a small circle of people you know or playing alone. Strangers would be a challenge of both skills and nerves... (what usually isn't worth a bad match anyway).

However if you ever want to play with someone online, I can play with you. I love new people and simple, not full of rage and anger, matches

Ok cool, I'll look to play with you if I see you online

September 10, 2010 5:48:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, the one time I tried to play online, I joined a noob server. After waiting 15 minutes I got kicked right before the game started.

Getting kicked from noob games is pretty lame for new players... meh.  It sadly happens sometimes though... I strongly suggest you host your own noob or new player games to avoid that mess. 

With regards to people stat whoring though, I'm sure some people still do that, but its a bit of an over generalization and perhaps missing the point. 

Let's say I'm in a game called 3v3.  I join and see people with >300 games on all sides and win % rates around 40-60%.  The game has one open slot and a new player joins with a total of 10 games played and a 20% win rate.  I know, without a doubt, that the team the new player is on will lose.  And so do most seasoned players.  This will result in a kick request to the host or the host kicking on his own.  Its not because all players want to pad their stats (some do, to be sure), but because its not all that fun to get into a game that is a guaranteed win or loss - and I'd wager most seasoned players would agree with this. Demigod is a game where one weak or inexperienced player can and will very likely lose the game for a team.  In addition, if the host is unwilling to kick, then whoever is on the team with the inexperienced player will likely leave and host their own game... and so on.  Anyway, in the scenario I described, one of the bigger problems was the lousy game title (3v3).  It should have been more descriptive - 3v3 >200 games or 3v3 Mid+ (mid being mid level players (40-50% range typically)).  That way, if a new player joins, you just let them know that he needs more experience for this lobby - please read the game titles before joining. 

There are still people around that host new player training games and so on.  Some people enjoy helping folks learn - I've done that from time to time, but haven't in awhile.  Anyway, I know people can be quite rude. Whenever I host, I choose specific game titles - XvX Random Assassin Mid + (XvX Rand Ass Mid+).  If a new player joins that game, selects unclean beast and readies up, I explain to them why they won't be playing in this game.  Then I give them a chance to leave and then kick if they will not.  I'm not doing it to be mean to the new players and I'm certainly not cussing them out, but they don't belong in a Mid + level game anymore than I belong in a new player game. 

Darkliath - If you fellas are interested in using voice chat, there's some information over here about a public ventrilo server a bunch of us still use (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/382335)

September 10, 2010 8:55:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

Getting kicked from noob games is pretty lame for new players... meh.  It sadly happens sometimes though... I strongly suggest you host your own noob or new player games to avoid that mess. 

With regards to people stat whoring though, I'm sure some people still do that, but its a bit of an over generalization and perhaps missing the point. 

Let's say I'm in a game called 3v3.  I join and see people with >300 games on all sides and win % rates around 40-60%.  The game has one open slot and a new player joins with a total of 10 games played and a 20% win rate.  I know, without a doubt, that the team the new player is on will lose.  And so do most seasoned players.  This will result in a kick request to the host or the host kicking on his own.  Its not because all players want to pad their stats (some do, to be sure), but because its not all that fun to get into a game that is a guaranteed win or loss - and I'd wager most seasoned players would agree with this. Demigod is a game where one weak or inexperienced player can and will very likely lose the game for a team.  In addition, if the host is unwilling to kick, then whoever is on the team with the inexperienced player will likely leave and host their own game... and so on.  Anyway, in the scenario I described, one of the bigger problems was the lousy game title (3v3).  It should have been more descriptive - 3v3 >200 games or 3v3 Mid+ (mid being mid level players (40-50% range typically)).  That way, if a new player joins, you just let them know that he needs more experience for this lobby - please read the game titles before joining. 

There are still people around that host new player training games and so on.  Some people enjoy helping folks learn - I've done that from time to time, but haven't in awhile.  Anyway, I know people can be quite rude. Whenever I host, I choose specific game titles - XvX Random Assassin Mid + (XvX Rand Ass Mid+).  If a new player joins that game, selects unclean beast and readies up, I explain to them why they won't be playing in this game.  Then I give them a chance to leave and then kick if they will not.  I'm not doing it to be mean to the new players and I'm certainly not cussing them out, but they don't belong in a Mid + level game anymore than I belong in a new player game. 

Darkliath - If you fellas are interested in using voice chat, there's some information over here about a public ventrilo server a bunch of us still use (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/382335)
since when? evertime im on no one else is.

September 10, 2010 9:52:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

see a lot of familiar names...

September 10, 2010 10:51:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

since when? evertime im on no one else is.

heh... change the time you are on. 

September 18, 2010 7:18:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Like, I hate replying to obvious trolls, but I just have to mention how retarded this guy is. 

September 19, 2010 8:59:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
Like, I hate replying to obvious trolls, but I just have to mention how retarded this guy is. 

i will get him back i swear as i was born as a monkey

September 19, 2010 9:40:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ darkliath , the first time i seen you in game you had like 20 games

i told to the host kick the noob , i believe in a funny way , if he would kick u he would be an idiot

who knew you was playing demigod online for a year on game ranger so u actualy was not a noob

but rather a wolve in sheeps clothes

damn how retarded some ppl go for some points

September 19, 2010 9:41:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ babybleu i can tell by far your fake your eather ruipsrsg or somebody else or are u from game ranger to ?

September 19, 2010 9:42:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_blackmage,
Yes but the online community is dominated by state whores now, so playing online is no longer worth it.

your the only whore around here bc you know what they say kind seek kind

September 19, 2010 5:00:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you can still get some fun games in, nothing like it used to be... just join a lobby.

September 19, 2010 10:00:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

your the only whore around here bc you know what they say kind seek kind

Synn knows because he has a low win % and people kick him as a result...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000953   Page Render Time: