The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My Avatar Picture Upload

By on August 19, 2010 3:25:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried to upload a picture of my avatar to my account but I get the following error:

"Upload Error

code: 200

The upload will now be canceled, please try again."

I thought it might be my image, so I downloaded someone else avatar in this Forum and tried to upload it as my avatar.  I ended up with the same error.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thank you for your help!

0 Karma | 45 Replies
August 19, 2010 3:28:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Please go to joeuser.com and upload from there, trust me, it works.

Allow a little time before posting for your avatar to show in the forums.

August 19, 2010 4:19:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you!  It works perfectly!

August 19, 2010 4:22:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sorry to bother you again!  The picture uploaded without a hitch.  But my avatar in the forum pictures do not how.  Is there a delay to when the avatar pic will show? Thank you!

August 19, 2010 4:23:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The picture just showed up.  I have my question answered.  Thanks!

August 20, 2010 1:04:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

August 20, 2010 2:31:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yeah i cant change it here on sins gcii or from stardock forums...joe user worked though

August 20, 2010 2:43:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's a ploy to promote Joeuser.com *shakes fist* It should be possible only through forums.elementalgame.com because... well, not that it's released next week and it's going to be awesome or anything.

August 20, 2010 3:02:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, joeuser had to be of use for something...

August 20, 2010 3:31:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey!  It worked for me too. Nothing else did. Thanks!

August 20, 2010 6:11:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

if you're using IE8 you can probably expect some errors for some reason. I can update/upload here using ff but not IE8.

August 20, 2010 8:21:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
Well, joeuser had to be of use for something...
I was thinking the same thing.

August 20, 2010 4:18:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought it would change all my posts to show an avitar, but seems it only changes new posts.

August 20, 2010 5:10:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting gmc2,
if you're using IE8 you can probably expect some errors for some reason. I can update/upload here using ff but not IE8.

I got this error with Mozilla Firefox v3.6.8.  I do not use any versions of Internet Explorer.

August 20, 2010 5:22:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Exolhar,

Quoting gmc2, reply 10if you're using IE8 you can probably expect some errors for some reason. I can update/upload here using ff but not IE8.

I got this error with Mozilla Firefox v3.6.8.  I do not use any versions of Internet Explorer.

its not a browser issue this on again off again trouble loading icons has been around for a bit now.. so far using joeuser has been most reliable solution..

August 20, 2010 5:45:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ding! Thanks for the tip on Joeuser.  Been trying to get an image up for a couple days.

August 21, 2010 10:25:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for that Wizard1956.

I was having trouble too.

feelo.

August 23, 2010 8:23:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not sure if mine worked either

August 24, 2010 3:07:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I do not get it.. I went to "joeuser.com" and the image for my avatar uploaded fine... and if i hit account on this forum my avatar pic shows up.. but when i post i get a weird silhouette man instead of the avatar I uploaded?

August 24, 2010 3:14:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hmm... It worked.. must have been on some time dely as the file was check or converted or transferred to the forums servers or other such magic... anyway.. leave it a bit b4 posting after uploading to joeuser and you should be ok... as it seams avatar changes are not retroactive.... as my old posts are still not using it.. but i guess maybe that will change over time.

August 24, 2010 3:24:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

as it seams avatar changes are not retroactive.... as my old posts are still not using it.. but i guess maybe that will change over time.
I don't think they do. Posts made before you have an avatar uploaded will remain unchanged.

August 24, 2010 4:55:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

as it seams avatar changes are not retroactive.... as my old posts are still not using it.. but i guess maybe that will change over time.

All mine changed and I was able to do it here at WC in the fourms under My account

August 25, 2010 4:28:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
Please go to joeuser.com and upload from there, trust me, it works.

I ran into the same problem, and the above tip worked fine. Thank you!

Edit: Or maybe it didn't work. The avatar image shows in my account settings now, but not in forum posts. Perhaps it needs time.

August 25, 2010 9:10:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I get code -200 and message: 600. Same with different pics, png jpg, all well below size limit, res and kb-wise, different machines, different OSes, different browsers.

This is apparently a stupid question because everyone else seems to have gotten it but joeuser.com is a blog domain, where you can create your own blog - how precisely does this assist in uploading an avatar for this forum? Even if you got the image hosted somewhere on the web the avatar change function only queries for local files. Are you all members of some sort of cult?

August 25, 2010 9:23:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Joeuser.com is a Stardock site, and it shares the same user database with all other Stardock sites (like this one). My avatar shows up now, but only for new posts, not for previously made ones.

August 25, 2010 9:42:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aha, thanks. And for those like me - used to explicit instructions and used to issuing them- the forums of joeuser.com share profile info with these ones, including avatars, and uploading avatars to your profile there works.

Edit. Not that my avatar here seems to have materialized, but whichever, I shall simply wait for 6 months.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000579   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.