The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Elemental: No Copy Protection, Activation, LAN and more

By on August 15, 2010 2:31:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1485

There’s been a lot of discussion on these kinds of topics on recent games and I thought I’d give you our perspective on it.

No Copy Protection

Elemental, out of the box, like all of Stardock’s other games, has no copy protection whatsoever.  However, you obviously need Internet access to get updates.  But then, why should this be necessary?

Because Elemental, unlike our previous games, has really been designed to be a game that people can play for decades, this is something that has concerned us. Because we want to encourage people to have the latest version but at the same time, we are aware that some people are worried that 10 years from now, they won’t be able to get the “better” version.

So here is what we’re going to start doing on our developed titles: We’re going to start making archival DVD versions of the game that can be sent to customers.  We already do this with Object Desktop (our most popular non-game product).  This archival version would have no copy protection whatsoever. It would just be a DVD you can put into your machine.

So starting in October, what we will do is make archival DVD editions of our games starting with Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition and Elemental.  Roughly every year or so, if there have been updates, we’ll create a new archival version of the game that people can have sent to them (it’ll just be a DVD).

LAN Games

There’s been a lot of questions of how someone would play Elemental on their LAN with their friends.  Here’s my suggested way to do it with minimum hassle.

#1 You’ll need to install Impulse on the machines that will be playing the game. But that’s all. Just install and go to step 2.

#2 Go to http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com which is the web interface to Impulse. From here, you would download the web package of Elemental. As long as Impulse is installed on the machine, you can install the game.

#3 When you install, type in your serial #. If it’s on a LAN, just use your single DVD key, Impulse::Reactor’s GOO uses smart activation (i.e. it doesn’t have a “activation limit” type system) so you can just install it on the various machines on your LAN.

#4 When your friends come over to play, they will need, once in the game, to logon with their own accounts (so they or someone will have to provide them with a serial # to attach to their account but they can use it at your LAN in game).  This is because on day 0, the data from the game is handled by our servers (this way, when we update the game data for balancing players don’t have to update their game which would be a real hassle for LAN players).  Eventually we plan to release custom servers so that players can make their own stuff but we won’t have that ready at release.

Locked Post 434 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 15, 2010 9:31:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting killer105,

I agree that historically it was without internet.  However, it has been quite some time since I've done a LAN party (I'm one of the few nerds who still does them, at least around here) that doesn't have internet.  I just don't see that particular tidbit impacting too many folks these days. 

As for wanting everyone to have their own copy... that really isn't too much to ask.  With the exception of SC1 and Diablo's "spawn" copies it is almost akin to the mentality of a pirate to expect everyone to play with just one copy.  That last part is, however, just my opinion.

Yeah, but it's not really "LAN play" because you happen to be able to play it on a LAN. If you remove the LAN and connect everyone directly to the Internet, you can keep playing. If you remove the Internet and keep the LAN, you can't. It'd be more accurate to call it "Internet play" that happens to continue to work if people are sharing the same Internet connection.

I said earlier it doesn't bother me a lot, and I mean that. But it's disingenuous for anybody to call it LAN play, particularly given how badly Blizzard got ripped in the PC gaming forum here on this same site for doing the exact same thing. Actual LAN play is something like Civ 4 where you can play so long as you can ping the other computer, no Internet required.

As for the 2:1 thing, it was something specifically offered up in Sins (and I believe Demigod), as a player-friendly feature. I really liked that if someone just dropped in, and it's a shame to see it disappear.

August 15, 2010 9:32:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GGLucas,

Just because you find it difficult to believe does not mean it doesn't happen. LAN support is LAN support, there's no ambiguity. If I have a LAN (with or without internet, it doesn't matter), it should work. If it doesn't, then LAN by itself is not supported.

As you pointed out, my response was just my opinion, so I'll point this one out for you: it is only your opinion on how things should work.  There is ambiguity in just about everything, however, if you believe the world is black and white then there is no arguing I suppose.  LAN play is supported, but it is not exclusivity. 

August 15, 2010 9:34:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tridus,

Yeah, but it's not really "LAN play" because you happen to be able to play it on a LAN. If you remove the LAN and connect everyone directly to the Internet, you can keep playing. If you remove the Internet and keep the LAN, you can't. It'd be more accurate to call it "Internet play" that happens to continue to work if people are sharing the same Internet connection.

I said earlier it doesn't bother me a lot, and I mean that. But it's disingenuous for anybody to call it LAN play, particularly given how badly Blizzard got ripped in the PC gaming forum here on this same site for doing the exact same thing. Actual LAN play is something like Civ 4 where you can play so long as you can ping the other computer, no Internet required.

As for the 2:1 thing, it was something specifically offered up in Sins (and I believe Demigod), as a player-friendly feature. I really liked that if someone just dropped in, and it's a shame to see it disappear.

We have a differing of opinions on what LAN play is.  Let's just leave it at that.

I didn't know Sins had that feature, but then again I couldn't ever get anyone to play that.  Maybe I can get a buddy to check that out, now.

August 15, 2010 9:41:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting killer105,

I didn't know Sins had that feature, but then again I couldn't ever get anyone to play that.  Maybe I can get a buddy to check that out, now.

It's pretty cool. Invite someone over, install (and/or patch) with your Impulse account, then you can use the LAN option. It'll only work for human players (a third will ask for another key), but to show a buddy the game it's a great way to do it.

August 15, 2010 9:46:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tridus,

The sad part is, the pirates will find away around it regardless. It's not like it would be a huge concern for them. We're here asking because, I assume, most of us intend to actually pay for the game, want to know what the limitations are physically and within the terms of the EULA. I know the game is 99.9% SP, but god it would be nice to hear some nice things about the game from the multiplayer camp other than we support LAN, not really, and up to 16 players on our servers.

And just in case you are still around Brad, even if some of think the DRM free claim is a stretch, that doesn't mean it's bad DRM or that you're anywhere close to Ubisoft levels. You'd still right in the neighborhood with true DRM free titles compared to the other crap out there.

August 15, 2010 9:57:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is there a way to have a guest pass for say a certin amount of time?  I often get friends to buy games by letting them play on LAN with my copy (I did this with SINS) and before they go home they just uninstalled it.  After a gaming night or two they go and buy their own copy.  At least 8 copies of Company of Heroes were sold this way and about the same amount of SINS copies.  I understand this could be hard to put into the game by release but I think that this would be a good word of mouth tool.

August 15, 2010 10:00:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When I was into LAN parties it was in a shed, where the best connection was 56K over a hundred meters away...

Not only that but most of the people didn't have that much money and mostly used pirated games. I was one of the few (only?) who didn't and actualy put lots of money into games and hardware (I provided all the interconectiveity, even some LAN cards with on site upgrades heh).

August 15, 2010 10:06:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nesrie,

Quoting Tridus, reply 76

The sad part is, the pirates will find away around it regardless. It's not like it would be a huge concern for them. We're here asking because, I assume, most of us intend to actually pay for the game, want to know what the limitations are physically and within the terms of the EULA. I know the game is 99.9% SP, but god it would be nice to hear some nice things about the game from the multiplayer camp other than we support LAN, not really, and up to 16 players on our servers.

And just in case you are still around Brad, even if some of think the DRM free claim is a stretch, that doesn't mean it's bad DRM or that you're anywhere close to Ubisoft levels. You'd still right in the neighborhood with true DRM free titles compared to the other crap out there.

Sigh.  Do you have a LAN? Does that LAN have Internet? Do you know anyone who has a LAN that plays games that doesn't have Internet connection? 

I know a lot of people as you can imagine, I do not know a single person who has a LAN who does not have an Internet connection. It's a non-issue.

It's not copy protection. It's not DRM.  The game data comes from our servers.  Please tell me how you're going to pirate that.  Are they going to write their own AI? Are they going to produce all the XML data too? Are they going to send back all the moves the monsters make each turn? Spawn the goodie huts? Provide the spell books?

Let me say it again: It is a client/server game. The servers (our servers) are the ones serving the data, the moves, everything.  Similarly, when you logon to this forum, you are talking to a bunch of servers which are sending you data.  

AND...

As I wrote in the original post:

Eventually we plan to release custom servers so that players can make their own stuff but we won’t have that ready at release.

At THAT point, our servers won't be necessary and people can set THEIR own servers up however they want but it's not going to be available at release.

I am, however quite certain that most reasonable people will agree with me that the it's a pretty cool thing to be able to have a DVD sent to them that they could play on their computer, 10 years from now (assuming they're still running windows and all) without worrying about activation and such.

August 15, 2010 10:11:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

"LAN" -> Local Area Network. If two computers can ping each other, they can play. No authentication. That is a LAN game, not something that is phoning home. The system you are describing is no different than a bunch of people playing in the security of their own house and connecting to eachother in an Internet server. 

I understand that some systems take advantage of this (Hamachi/Gameranger) but if you aren't bothered by the 99.9% of players who are pirating the game to play single-player, I don't understand why you'd be bothered by the .1% of players who pirated to play with their friends. 

:shrug: all I know is that if I can't LAN it locally with friends (using one license) I won't be able to convince my friends to buy it. That's all it is. 

It's my computers (not theirs) that I'm installing it on and they are only using it temporarily. I promised them LAN (because I do OFTEN throw LAN parties. My current house has six computers, 3 which are 2 years or less all connected to one router), and this is typically what happens: 

1- I throw a LAN party for a new game, they play it 

2- They either like it or they hate it. If they hate it, we never play again and I play it myself, or online

3- If they like it, then they'll buy it, and play it at their house so they can be good at it 

----

If I can't do step one (DoW II, Supreme Commander II) then I can't go to step 3 without making them watch me play it and convincing them I like it (or letting them play single-player on my computer as I watch them...). 

Ultimately, catering to a 2:1 or 3:1 is a positive revenue generator because of people like me (not 15:1 and you can always say in the EULA that you have to won the computers that it is installed with, really, the EULA just has to be "tweaked" to remove the restriction of operating the game on multiple computers as once, then bam, you have a legal 2:1). 

The problem I have is that you claim to support LAN games (that is, no phoning home) where in reality, you don't, and are hiding it behind the excuse that it allows quick balancing of XML without having to release new builds. 

If you said you didn't have LAN functionality, and that is how multi-player worked, I wouldn't have this problem. A LOT of games have removed LAN functionalities and I would sigh and move on, and accept that my friends won't buy this game. I'm upset that I was made a liar. Because I made a promise based on expectations (that this game was LANable) and now I either need to pirate it or hack it to get it to work in a LAN, or disappoint my friends. 

I think that Stardock is a good company, and you do a lot of things right and I hope that Elemental is a critical success. But that doesn't mean that I like it when you claim LAN support when you really don't ._. 

----

Of course, all of this will be moot once the custom servers get released. 

August 15, 2010 10:13:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

And wait. Are you saying that the AI is actually ran and played on YOUR servers...? ._. That's not LAN at all... 

August 15, 2010 10:19:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy,

Please don't pay attention to these people - they just enjoy being negative.   The position that Stardock has taken on copy protection and on making updated archived disks available in the future is an excellent one and appreciated I am sure by the vast majority of your customers.

As far as playing mulitplayer on your servers - that sounds like a good service to me.

Thanks for all your hard work on the game.   Don't let a few always negative people get you down.

Xaltotun

August 15, 2010 10:22:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Sigh.  Do you have a LAN? Does that LAN have Internet? Do you know anyone who has a LAN that plays games that doesn't have Internet connection?

Irrelevant, just because it's rare doesn't mean you can fuzz the truth. In fact, I do have a friend who cannot play games online but can play them over local network only. Not kidding, it happens.

AND...

Eventually we plan to release custom servers so that players can make their own stuff but we won’t have that ready at release.
At THAT point, our servers won't be necessary and people can set THEIR own servers up however they want but it's not going to be available at release.

Ah, yes. I seem to have gotten quite off-topic too. I believe I asked for a timeline on these custom servers, but got sidetracked. Mind if I ask again?

I am, however quite certain that most reasonable people will agree with me that the it's a pretty cool thing to be able to have a DVD sent to them that they could play on their computer, 10 years from now (assuming they're still running windows and all) without worrying about activation and such.

Hell yeah that's cool. Would've even have to be running windows what with wine and all probably having neared perfection by then.

August 15, 2010 10:25:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I know a lot of people as you can imagine, I do not know a single person who has a LAN who does not have an Internet connection. It's a non-issue.

I am talking to you on the forums, so yes i have internet. It sure is nice to able to play games though when the internet is not available.

It's not copy protection. It's not DRM.  The game data comes from our servers.  Please tell me how you're going to pirate that.  Are they going to write their own AI? Are they going to produce all the XML data too? Are they going to send back all the moves the monsters make each turn? Spawn the goodie huts? Provide the spell books?

Let me say it again: It is a client/server game. The servers (our servers) are the ones serving the data, the moves, everything.  Similarly, when you logon to this forum, you are talking to a bunch of servers which are sending you data.

You'd have to ask a pirate that question. I am not a pirate. I didn't realize though that you were using cloud computing to keep a part of the game away from players as an anit-piracy measure. That's interesting.

AND...

I already thanked you for that, though I had been hoping for an digital copy not something through the mail. Still pretty cool.

August 15, 2010 10:26:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
And wait. Are you saying that the AI is actually ran and played on YOUR servers...? ._. That's not LAN at all... 

We're talking about playing on a LAN.  I don't know what "LAN support" is. Do you mean IPX?  I am talking about how computers on a local area network can play the game using a single copy to install on all of them.

The AI and all other data comes from the SERVER, which, incidentally, has nothing to do with a LAN or non-LAN (I can run a Counterstriike server on my LAN).

On day 0, we won't have custom servers available (i.e. servers that a user could set up on their LAN to provide the data to the other players on the LAN).  

In addition, you seem to be reading a lot of things into what I wrote so i will quote the entire thing again:

LAN Games

There’s been a lot of questions of how someone would play Elemental on their LAN with their friends.  Here’s my suggested way to do it with minimum hassle.

#1 You’ll need to install Impulse on the machines that will be playing the game. But that’s all. Just install and go to step 2.

#2 Go to http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com which is the web interface to Impulse. From here, you would download the web package of Elemental. As long as Impulse is installed on the machine, you can install the game.

#3 When you install, type in your serial #. If it’s on a LAN, just use your single DVD key, Impulse::Reactor’s GOO uses smart activation (i.e. it doesn’t have a “activation limit” type system) so you can just install it on the various machines on your LAN.

#4 When your friends come over to play, they will need, once in the game, to logon with their own accounts (so they or someone will have to provide them with a serial # to attach to their account but they can use it at your LAN in game).  This is because on day 0, the data from the game is handled by our servers (this way, when we update the game data for balancing players don’t have to update their game which would be a real hassle for LAN players).  Eventually we plan to release custom servers so that players can make their own stuff but we won’t have that ready at release.

No where am I saying that the game has some sort of specialized LAN support. I am providing instructions on how someone who has a LAN would set up the game.

Other games, as I mentioned elsewhere, would not allow you to install 1 copy onto say 16 machines because they would bomb on installing. Elemental has explicit support to install lots of copies to a single external IP.

If you said you didn't have LAN functionality, and that is how multi-player worked, I wouldn't have this problem. A LOT of games have removed LAN functionalities and I would sigh and move on, and accept that my friends won't buy this game. I'm upset that I was made a liar. Because I made a promise based on expectations (that this game was LANable) and now I either need to pirate it or hack it to get it to work in a LAN, or disappoint my friends.

I'm sorry you feel this way but am I to assume that your expectation was that your one copy was going to let all your friends play? Or are you saying that your home LAN doesn't have an Internet connection? I am kind of thinking it's the former at which point I hate to say it but, no, we can't do that.

And as I said, precisely because it's NOT DRM and it's not copy protection there's nothing to "crack" or "pirate". When you play MP, your local copy is basically a terminal with cached images.

August 15, 2010 10:27:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah, yes. I seem to have gotten quite off-topic too. I believe I asked for a timeline on these custom servers, but got sidetracked. Mind if I ask again?

There's no current timeline, it'll depend on what customers want us to focus our resources on. The first thing we'll want to do is see how many people are playing MP in the first place.

August 15, 2010 10:30:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You'd have to ask a pirate that question. I am not a pirate. I didn't realize though that you were using cloud computing to keep a part of the game away from players as an anit-piracy measure. That's interesting.

(facepalm)

Client/Server computing is NOT about piracy. It's about providing a robust way for people to connect to other people without having to mess with ports and other BS (i.e. we avoid the Demigod pain). If we were paranoid about pirates we wouldn't release a bloody game in which its primary components are totally unprotected.

Okay, this thread has officially exceeded the threshold of insanity I can put up with. Cheers.

August 15, 2010 10:38:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

frogboy,

like a couple of other posters, I would like the ability to show/play with a second person on TWO of MY computers in MY house on MY personal  Local Area Network without having to switch on the gateway router, proxy computer and internet modem, then have two accounts with different serial numbers set up to play,

AND I have pre-ordered and paid for  the limited edition AND also ordered AND paid for a standard version through a local supplier,

and while I do not have larger lan parties I have sold several copies of games for different companies that were sampled this way eg sins of a solar empireat least 2 copies other than the three that I own, locomotion at least two copies other than mine, transport tycoon at least two copies other than mine, just to name three.

and just for the record I have six computers that are of reasonable spec by current retail game specifications ie dual core2.6ghz  cpu or better, 3GB or more ram, 128mb dx9c or better VGA card gigabit lan 1280x1024 screen res OR higher, stereo sound or higher, 1 or more dvd drives.

and I OWN and built all twenty two of my computers and they are all set up in my OWN house on my OWN LAN that I had designed and installed.

sorry about the rant starting but theses are facts as I see them

harpo

August 15, 2010 10:38:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There's no current timeline, it'll depend on what customers want us to focus our resources on. The first thing we'll want to do is see how many people are playing MP in the first place.

Thank you, I appreciate the answer.

Okay, this thread has officially exceeded the threshold of insanity I can put up with. Cheers.

Yeah, some of these claims are pretty ridiculous. This, however much I'm saddened that custom servers will not be available at release, is nowhere near DRM. Completely different things.

August 15, 2010 10:51:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy, please don't let the very few nay sayers get to you. I understand that some people may want things to be a certain way but it isn't going to be that way. I think it is great what you guys are doing and I would just ignore them because I guarantee that 95 to 98 percent of the people who will be playing this game really wont care about Lan or having to connect to the internet, etc. I for one don't and for those of you who do, perhaps this isn't the game for you after all.

August 15, 2010 11:03:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Rofl..This is seriously priceless. It's like I walked into 4chan during a furry convention. Everyone please remember to read the memo that clearly states to not feed the trolls. Nit-picking over every little detail..The nose-breaking facepalms usually start right there. Calling a cd-key a DRM..yeah, that's kinda like saying the rhino virus and ebola virus are both..well, viruses..While true, there is a small degree of difference, wouldn't you say? Anyone?

Anyway, just a bit over a week left to go. Thank you guys at Stardock for the hard works,  heres to hoping it pays off.

August 15, 2010 11:08:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

From what I know, there are two reasons to use a LAN connection in most games.

1)  Near-zero latency.

2)  It's a guaranteed, no-hassle way of getting multiplayer to work for local players.  It doesn't matter if the authentication servers or down, or the internet is down, or somebody's wireless card isn't working.  As long as the computers can run the game and you have the cables, there's nothing that can stop it from working.

Since Elemental is a turn-based game, I'm guessing that number 1 is a non-issue regarless if how you're playing.  That means that the only reason anyone would be interested in LAN play at all is number 2, which ceases to apply once players need to be logged in to Impulse.  People aren't complaining because each user is expected to own their own copy of the game.  It just bothers them that the game is now being advertised as having LAN functionality when the enforcement of that rule (i.e. mandatory Impulse log-ins for all players) defeats the purpose of using it.  Once you've dealt with connection logistics to the point that all the players are online and logged into Impulse, what possible reason is there to bust out the LAN cables?  You could just play remotely through the internet to identical effect.

That's my understanding, anyway.  I don't think I've ever used a LAN option for any reason except to combine it with Hamachi in order to get online multiplayer to work with older games, so I'm not personally affected here.

August 15, 2010 11:10:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Quoting Nesrie, reply 80
Quoting Tridus, reply 76

It is.  I'll probably never use it, as long as Impulse is running, but it's a nice feature to have, especially if I end up in Antarctica at some point.  Stardock ships there right? 

I really doubt the feature will get used much though, maybe 100 copies at most.

August 15, 2010 11:21:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DragonRider862,
From what I know, there are two reasons to use a LAN connection in most games.

1)  Near-zero latency.

2)  It's a guaranteed, no-hassle way of getting multiplayer to work for local players.  It doesn't matter if the authentication servers or down, or the internet is down, or somebody's wireless card isn't working.  As long as the computers can run the game and you have the cables, there's nothing that can stop it from working.

Since Elemental is a turn-based game, I'm guessing that number 1 is a non-issue regarless if how you're playing.  That means that the only reason anyone would be interested in LAN play at all is number 2, which ceases to apply once players need to be logged in to Impulse.  People aren't complaining because each user is expected to own their own copy of the game.  It just bothers them that the game is now being advertised as having LAN functionality when the enforcement of that rule (i.e. mandatory Impulse log-ins for all players) defeats the purpose of using it.  Once you've dealt with connection logistics to the point that all the players are online and logged into Impulse, what possible reason is there to bust out the LAN cables?  You could just play remotely through the internet to identical effect.

That's my understanding, anyway.  I don't think I've ever used a LAN option for any reason except to combine it with Hamachi in order to get online multiplayer to work with older games, so I'm not personally affected here.

Does it even require you to be logged into the internet always or is it just a one time thing and than you can go offline and continue to play? Also, it seems that once they allow for custom games to be hosted on peoples PC's the internet should be a non issue when it comes to Lan. Also, in no way does Frogboy mention LAN as some of you seem to have assumed it. He specifically says "There’s been a lot of questions of how someone would play Elemental on their LAN with their friends.  Here’s my suggested way to do it with minimum hassle." I don't take that to be any kind of endorsement of LAN. Seems to me he is just mentioning a way it could be done where multiple people in the same building can play together on however many pc's. 

August 15, 2010 11:47:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow Nesrie, you totaly sent him over the edge.

Anyway, this is why I hate PR. The whole ITS GOT FEATURE X! (But not the feature X that you are all thinking of).

To be fair he was just saying "if you have a LAN [with internet access], do this" rather than "WE SUPPORT ALL LANS! Get your terminators ready!".

However I would say that enforcing the CD key to play multiplayer (authentication) is a form of DRM (but an acceptable kind). It is a athentification service i.e. a right to log in or not just like we have to log in to post here.

Semantics but its important to explain your own assumptions I guess?

The question is WHEN there is a custom server you can set up do you still have to connect to it via some impulse/reactor system?

August 15, 2010 11:52:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting harpo99999,
frogboy,

like a couple of other posters, I would like the ability to show/play with a second person on TWO of MY computers in MY house on MY personal  Local Area Network without having to switch on the gateway router, proxy computer and internet modem, then have two accounts with different serial numbers set up to play,

AND I have pre-ordered and paid for  the limited edition AND also ordered AND paid for a standard version through a local supplier,

and while I do not have larger lan parties I have sold several copies of games for different companies that were sampled this way eg sins of a solar empireat least 2 copies other than the three that I own, locomotion at least two copies other than mine, transport tycoon at least two copies other than mine, just to name three.

and just for the record I have six computers that are of reasonable spec by current retail game specifications ie dual core2.6ghz  cpu or better, 3GB or more ram, 128mb dx9c or better VGA card gigabit lan 1280x1024 screen res OR higher, stereo sound or higher, 1 or more dvd drives.

and I OWN and built all twenty two of my computers and they are all set up in my OWN house on my OWN LAN that I had designed and installed.

sorry about the rant starting but theses are facts as I see them

harpo

Once they release the server client you can be your own server for your god damn lan parties...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.