The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

So Demigod's Sequel Comes Out Next Week...

By on August 2, 2010 5:42:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No, I'm not trolling.

Long story short back in 2008 when Demigod was being developed the economy went real bad and GPG lost 50% of its workforce. That group of people went to form Uber Entertainment and have been working on Monday Night Combat since. Comes out Aug 11. Its basically Demigod the 3rd person shooter. Literally. This is the same team that made Demigod. I'm super excited over it. My Xbox live name is Polyn0mial. I'll be getting it next week 4 sure.

http://www.uberent.com/

+37 Karma | 31 Replies
August 2, 2010 10:30:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its not demigod so its crap

August 3, 2010 9:30:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks interesting ill check out the link.

The End.

Edit:

Just checked it out looks cool.

The End.

August 3, 2010 1:34:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's for the Xbawks. Console controllers = absolutely no precision = no skill required = not very fun

August 3, 2010 6:47:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

actually looks fun to me.  Thanks for the link, poly.  Wasn't even on my radar. 

August 5, 2010 11:05:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*removes the dust from his account*

MNC looks pretty good although it will be released for the Xbox. I don't have one but there was talk about a PC version by the developers. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Xbox owners should check out the demo on XBLA.

August 5, 2010 12:56:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Xbox owners should check out the demo on XBLA.

I'm definitely going to do that at the least.

August 5, 2010 3:18:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is a new 15 minutes long gamplay video on Uber's Youtube channel in case you want to see some gameplay.

Damn, I want a PC version NOAW!

August 6, 2010 8:20:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm buying it the day it comes out.  The lead designer is Scathis (John Comes).  Demigod was his baby but he left to form Uberent midway through development.  Demigod ended up going in a different direction and I've often wondered how it would have ended up if he had been able to stay through till the end. 

MNC, if not a spiritual sequel, is definitely a close sibling to DG.  Scathis has also hinted that a port to PC is very likely.  Probably hinging on the success of the xbox launch.  So for those without an xbox don't write this one off yet.

August 7, 2010 1:41:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod was his baby but he left to form Uberent midway through development. Demigod ended up going in a different direction and I've often wondered how it would have ended up if he had been able to stay through till the end.

Certainly would have been interesting.  But, that said, I think demigod shaped up to be a great game... they just never ironed out a few things (well, more than a few, but oh well)... anyway, that said, very much looking forward to this... if it really is more from the mind that brought us demigod, can't be half bad.

August 7, 2010 11:08:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Not for pc..that sucks.
August 7, 2010 1:38:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Techubus,
I'm buying it the day it comes out.  The lead designer is Scathis (John Comes).  Demigod was his baby but he left to form Uberent midway through development.  Demigod ended up going in a different direction and I've often wondered how it would have ended up if he had been able to stay through till the end. 

MNC, if not a spiritual sequel, is definitely a close sibling to DG.  Scathis has also hinted that a port to PC is very likely.  Probably hinging on the success of the xbox launch.  So for those without an xbox don't write this one off yet.

i have an xbox and its all ready bin writen off

August 7, 2010 2:46:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like it has a lot more in common with TF2, but umm...thanks anyway 

August 7, 2010 5:43:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

Certainly would have been interesting.  But, that said, I think demigod shaped up to be a great game... they just never ironed out a few things (well, more than a few, but oh well)... anyway, that said, very much looking forward to this... if it really is more from the mind that brought us demigod, can't be half bad.

Certainly.  I enjoyed it for a number of months, despite the issues.  I think the main difference would have been seen in the design of the generals.

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,
Looks like it has a lot more in common with TF2, but umm...thanks anyway 

Look closer  

August 7, 2010 6:50:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Am I thew only person getting an s4 league feel from this?

August 8, 2010 8:27:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you liked Demigod and have a 360 you really owe it to yourself to try this game out. These are the people who made Demigod.

August 9, 2010 1:04:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Couldn't agree more!

August 9, 2010 4:43:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a little bit of trivia:

Microsoft tested and certified Monday Night Combat 4 weeks before the release. All was set, they had their gold version. However, the devs thought they could still improve some things so they renegotiated with MS. They made the improvements they wanted to add and had MS certify the game again. They went through a lot of trouble to make the game as good as possible on release.

source

I hope that some day MNC might be released on Impulse. Just imagine the possibilities. Such a highly motivated developer team with the long term support from Stardock...

August 9, 2010 5:19:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, I'm not trolling.
I would call it a partly spiritual successor and not a Sequel .

August 9, 2010 10:57:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just put sequel in the title as an attention grabber =P

August 16, 2010 6:01:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I feel the need to bump this. If you haven't looked at Uber's game yet you should. Demigod never had a single tournament. Uber is already running them: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=20

This is the same team who made Demigod, going all the way down to the same composer Howard Mostrom =P

August 16, 2010 6:11:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey demigod had a tournamet so you lie

August 16, 2010 9:42:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG-howboutnoooo,
hey demigod had a tournamet so you lie

true - 1 esl tourney and 1 community run 1. 

August 17, 2010 12:13:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

Quoting OMG-howboutnoooo, reply 22hey demigod had a tournamet so you lie

All right, it never had any legit tournaments run by Stardock or GPG. (which were promised but never came...) But Monday Night Combat is just so much better than Demigod.

August 17, 2010 11:56:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Quoting OMG_pacov,
reply 23

Quoting OMG-howboutnoooo, reply 22hey demigod had a tournamet so you lie

All right, it never had any legit tournaments run by Stardock or GPG. (which were promised but never came...) But Monday Night Combat is just so much better than Demigod.

lies dg will always be better

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.