The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Minion Oak, the new build of every single match I'm in

By on July 19, 2010 1:32:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unless someone can convince me otherwise I'm not playing against oak unless it's a player below 35% or so.  There is no counter to his lame minion build that I've found.  He just throws up a few flags, collects spirits, and rapes your base.  The last game against a minion oak we were actively trying to prevent it from around level 4-5.  I upped tower offense and defense, we tried to kill creeps away from his flags ... it didn't matter.  Despite dominating the game otherwise our citadel fell to his spirits.  We had both of their portals and they'd never taken one of ours.  For the last half of the game our TB sat on our citadel trying to kill them as they came.

Another game I was oculus and I upped our building D and O almost to max and sat at the citadel using chain lightning and blast off to kill them.  The best I could do was freeze our citadel hp at around 15k and I had to stay there the rest of the game, effectively taking me out of the fight.

If Oculus can't prevent it I don't see how it's possible.  It's well past time Stardock fixed Oak's many ridiculous OP traits.

This wasn't a problem until recently because most people didn't realize it was possible.  Now everyone sees it and is imitating it. It's getting out of hand.

0 Karma | 79 Replies
November 16, 2010 3:16:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just get another oak and use the normal build against him. The oak should be able to push the other one out of the lane preventing his minion build. I always like to play against oak minions and ere minions because i can usually regenerate my life easily with nature's reckoning and the area damage.

November 16, 2010 11:38:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LawlessGod,
Just get another oak and use the normal build against him. The oak should be able to push the other one out of the lane preventing his minion build. I always like to play against oak minions and ere minions because i can usually regenerate my life easily with nature's reckoning and the area damage.

wait oak cam attack other oaks rally flagd?

November 16, 2010 12:46:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No - oaks spirits cannot attack another oaks raise dead wards, if that's what you are asking. 

November 16, 2010 11:36:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

No - oaks spirits cannot attack another oaks raise dead wards, if that's what you are asking. 
wow I typo'd so bad there lol, but yea that's what I was saying.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.