The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Forum feature request..

By on July 18, 2010 1:52:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

one of the most outstanding forum features I ever saw as ignore user.. This tool i encountered on the city of heroes boards was awesome ... iirc the posts from said ignored users simply showed up as text saying you are ignoring this user... man we need that here... mind you there are very few people here i would use it on (only 1 atm) but man oh man I wish we had it....

+15 Karma | 4 Replies
July 18, 2010 2:28:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

man we need that here.

Knowing where 'here' is would help. 'Forum Issues' cross posts to about a dozen different sites

One of the biggests issues I have with forums is users' ability to edit posts and/or ban users. Most forums are public forums not private blogs and to me the need to remove someone or their posts on a forum is very immature. Unless it's a moderator action to remove inappropriate/offensive material.

Like most things, if you don't like the answer don't ask the question.

July 18, 2010 3:43:20 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Or simply don't answer the reply.

If you are afraid to confront the responses and defend your viewpoint, you should not be posting in the first place.

Twohawks, your OP seems to me to be a way to post what you want without having to respond to those that disagree with you. As FL said, it is immature.

July 22, 2010 12:25:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I can't say I agree with an ignore user option either.  You can easily just scroll past their posts.  Not to mention the potential confusion if this feature is implemented. 

Bara

July 22, 2010 12:32:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GunslingerBara,
I can't say I agree with an ignore user option either.  You can easily just scroll past their posts.  Not to mention the potential confusion if this feature is implemented. 

Bara

I can respect your opinion.. I speak from my experiences and it worked very well.. many trolls or folks who start topics just to watch the fireworks get bored fast as the number of people ignoring their posts rise..another side effect it had was many threads seems easier to browse because you were not browsing past the 100 line posts for people you were ignoring..

But that is just my opinion...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.