The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Poll - Strategy Question

By on July 2, 2010 4:17:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My question for you guys is the following.  Did i do the right thing:

Map was cataract. 

The poll question is:  Is it worth the 500 gold to teleport & lock the health flag and save your gold tower. 

My team consisted of Occulus (me), minion (shieldless, with full penitence) Oak & tower Rook.  Opposing team:  pounce/silence Sedna, hybrid Beast and either a hybrid oak or slam rook. too many games and shit im getting old lol.

Game was around mid levels (10ish i think)

I was killed followed by my teammates in a 3v3 situation.  Since i was killed first i was alive first. 
I bought a TP scroll, replaced my scaled helm with vlemish, i had 1 lock on me already and less than 100 gold (or i would've gotten a second TP).  All of our towers were still up were up except the one closest to the mana flag.  The opposing team had the middle and mana flag. We had the health flag.  We were on Dark side so the health lane was our gold lane. 

Once i made my purchase i kept my eye on the health flag as i moved to the middle.  Once i saw the beast arrive at the health flag I ported in.  Fake locked once, waited for the invevitble grasp which occurred, then locked.  The beast then ported to the opposite side.  My teammates were then alive and I informed them that i didn't have any teleports left.  I proceeded to move to the middle, possibly to get the XP flag or head back to grab a couple of TP scrolls depending on the situation. 

We then noticed that the opposing team was taking down our  towers between the mana flag & portal.  Our rook TP'd in but his boulder roll got stunned, i think our oak TP'd in as well.  I got there as fast as i could but not in time to save the rook. 

I think i died as well since i jumped into the fray to get there as fast as possible.  Oak lived....

Anyways, after that bad transaction on our part I was questioned about not having a TP.

I informed my questioning teammate that

i already told my team i was out of ports before hand. 

I was summarily questioned about why i didnt have one.

I told him i TP'd in to lock the health flag.

I was then informed that this was a bad strategical decision and that 500 gold wasn't worth keeping the health flag.

I then said maybe that's the case. 

(There was definitely the implication that it was my fault that the rook died.  )

So, after some thought, with the intent on being objective and quite possibly incorrect.  My conclusion is that i still think i made the right decision.  My basis for this is that I have no doubt that locking the health flag pushed the opposing team to the mana side.  The result being that I saved our gold tower (the one closest to the health flag) and possibly saved our gold flag & those towers as well. (and we didn't reliquish full control of the neutral flags to the opposing team.) 

Also the net team cost was only 250 gold since the opposing team beast ported out. 

If i make the wrong decision i would like to freely admit it.  There have been plenty of times i'm wrong and have made mistakes.

What do you think? 

+16 Karma | 8 Replies
July 2, 2010 4:23:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, if an enemy kills your tower, they get 300 gold. So usually if you can actually save your tower, then porting is worth it. 

The Rook would have died anyway (and probably faster) if you hadn't had kept the HP flag. 

Edit: but I would have sold my lock and bought a second port. 

July 2, 2010 4:35:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That would've been a smart move as well.

thanks for your input Hedgie !

July 2, 2010 9:45:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh man that game was brutal.

July 2, 2010 11:08:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How many opposing team members were taking down your towers? 2 or 3? At level 10, against a team with a good oak, I don't think I would be porting in as tower rook when I know 2 or 3 other dg's are there, especially if i know a guy on my team can't port in for back up, should go but just walk over there, not tp.  Sorry, but my pet peeve is being blamed for other peoples' death, I know its the case sometimes, but we all have a responsibility to play smart. that, and I'm just sick of oak and his invincibleness.

July 2, 2010 11:45:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea it was Cow lol.  I was trying to avoid names though since the guys on my team are excellent players, fun to play with and just cool in general. 

Prozombe, im not trying to make this about the porting rook.  If the rook didnt get his boulder roll stunned it would've been a fine move. All i'm questioning is my decision to port and lock the health flag and is it worth it.

"Sorry, but my pet peeve is being blamed for other peoples' death"

The only reasons i get angry at this game includes what you said, as well as getting a lot of attitude from other players in the game.  I find since i play generals almost exclusively i get blamed for a lot of peoples deaths.  Sedna and Oak tend to be the most targeted with this type of behavior.  It's never the fact that the other player over extended or just did something stupid, it's always the fact that the oak/sedna didnt shield/heal them in time. 

July 2, 2010 11:52:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

JON WHY DID YOU GET DIAMOND PENDENT SO YOU COULD HEAL ME .7 SECONDS FASTER! OMG YOU ARE THE WORST PLAYER EVER WE COULD HAVE HAD A KILL!

AND WHY ARE YOU SPLITTING MONKS WITH ME I COULD HAVE WON! OH WAIT. YOU ARE. WELL WHY ISNT IT HEALING ME? YOU ARE A TERRIBLE GENERAL. OH. YOU DONT HAVE BISHOPS YET? WHY NOT? OH. YOU BOUGHT CURRENCY. AND REGEN. WELL I WANT BISHOPS SO THEY CAN HEAL ME MORE.

ALSO WHY DIDNT YOU PORT. AND WHY DO YOU ONLY HAVE 3K HP. 

July 3, 2010 1:47:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think

hmm

no noobs cow

July 3, 2010 9:38:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's always funny how the guy who bought fs1 and cur magically sucks at demigod...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.