The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Two New Demigod Ideas.

Please, consider.

By on June 23, 2010 5:28:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG-Zoahr

Join Date 04/2009
+1

I have put a lot of thought in those two demigods. In my opinion, it's pretty balanced. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Also, if any of the GPG or stardock reads this post, it would be nice to respond, so I would know all my work of creating those two demigods are not wasted. Thanks in advance.

First Demigod: The Earth Shaman

In my mind, there is not enough women. So ES (earth shaman) is a beautiful elf-like chick that travel the earth mending the trees, restoring life of the earth. But her power alone is not enough, so she will take part of the Demigod struggle and become a god to restore the planet. She doesn't have the outburst power, but her ability to control the mana flow in all living things will surely bring her far.

That's the intro.

She is a Light Assassin that range attack with a bow. A real bow.

1st Skill Row: Earth Tranfer
Range 20 yards. Cost 50 mana +25 per level. 0.1 sec cast, 10 sec cooldown. 

Lv 1: Put a debuff on target enemy demigod that transfers 200 mana per second for 2 seconds to the Earth Shaman. It also slows the target by 20% during the transfer.
Lv 4: Put a debuff on target enemy demigod that transfers 250 mana per second for 3 seconds to the Earth Shaman. It also slows the target by 20% during the transfer.
Lv 7: Put a debuff on target enemy demigod that transfers 300 mana per second for 4 seconds to the Earth Shaman. It also slows the target by 20% during the transfer.
Lv 10: Put a debuff on target enemy demigod that transfers 300 mana per second for 5 seconds to the Earth Shaman. It also slows the target by 20% during the transfer.

Lv 15: Earth Renewal
50% of damage received will replenish the Earth Shaman's mana.

2nd Skill Row: Mana Swap
Cost 1000 Mana + 300 per level. 1.5 sec cast. 

Lv 5: Swap target demigod Hit Points and Mana Points. The swap cannot grant more HP or Mana than its maximum. Range: 15. 45 sec cooldown.
Lv 10: Swap target demigod Hit Points and Mana Points. The swap cannot grant more HP or Mana than its maximum. Range: 20. 35 sec cooldown.
Lv 15: Swap target demigod Hit Points and Mana Points. The swap cannot grant more HP or Mana than its maximum. Range: 25. 25 sec cooldown.

3rd Skill Row: Earth Removal
Cost 900 Mana + 200 per level. 1 sec cast, 25 sec cooldown. Range 15.

Lv 1: Remove all buffs from one enemy Demigod in an area.
Lv 4: Remove all buffs from two enemy Demigod in an area.
Lv 7: Remove all buffs from three enemy Demigod in an area. The demigod will suffer 5% speed reduction for 3 sec for each buff removed.
Lv 10: Remove all buffs from all enemy Demigod in an area and silence them for 3 sec. The demigod will suffer 5% speed reduction for 3 sec for each buff removed.

4th Skill Row: Mana Strike
Passive.

Lv 2: Every basic attack of the Earth Shaman has a 10% chance  to deal 300 mana damage.
Lv 5: Every basic attack of the Earth Shaman has a 25% chance  to deal 300 mana damage.
Lv 8: Every basic attack of the Earth Shaman has a 40% chance  to deal 300 mana damage.

5th Skill Row: Earth Wave
Cost 800 mana + 250 mana per level. 0.1 sec cast. 30 sec cooldown. Range 10. 

Lv 1: Stun all enemies and push them back for 1 sec.
Lv 4: Stun all enemies and push them back for 2 sec.
Lv 7: Stun all enemies and push them back for 3 sec.
Lv 10: Stun all enemies and push them back for 4 sec.

Lv 15: Mana Wave
100% of the damage dealt by the Earth Shaman to stunned enemies will replenish allies' Mana. The Earth Shaman doesn't receive mana gained this way.

6th Skill Row: Earth Bless
Passive.

Lv 2: When the Earth Shaman has full mana, 20% of the extra mana gained through other means than regen will replenish her life.
Lv 5: When the Earth Shaman has full mana, 25% of the extra mana gained through other means than regen will replenish her life.
Lv 8: When the Earth Shaman has full mana, 30% of the extra mana gained through other means than regen will replenish her life.

7th Skill Row: Earth Curse
Passive Aura.

Lv 2: Every enemy demigod will suffer 15% of damage for every mana used or lost.
Lv 5: Every enemy demigod will suffer 20% of damage for every mana used or lost.
Lv 8: Every enemy demigod will suffer 25% of damage for every mana used or lost.

Lv 15 from Earth Bless and Earth Curse: Mana Zone
Every hit the Earth Shaman receives will give her a 10% chance to trigger the Mana Zone Aura  for 10 sec. In that aura, every abilities used by her and her allies will cost 0 mana.

A very deadly demigod. Although (in my mind), she is a little fragile elf, the ability to regain mana will allow her to focus on HP items. She won't gain a lot of HP or Mana per levels, but Im sure people can find a way around that.

The idea behind this assassin demigod is to deal with the Oak's shield and the Erebus' Mist form. These spells will be dispelled upon the earth removal. Too many sigiled and too many shield-oriented Oak in this game. We need to deal with those. With ONE demigod.

On the other hands, she doesn't have a single burst damage ability. That's the idea. She will kill through passive abilities, support Damage Dealer with her Earth Wave. Don't forget she has a deadly ability that will kill most of those agressive chaser with no mana, with her Mana Swap.

This is a Demigod I believe it would be fun to play with. Although I know, an UB or DA will easily own her. But heh, that's why it's balanced.

Second Demigod: Diablo

Diablo is simply a demon that wants to wreck destruction. The reason he wants to become a god is to transform this world into a living hell for his pleasure.

He is a melee Dark General with lots of HP, but no speed and no mana. He holds an awesome fire blade tho.

1st Skill Row: Hell Slash
1 sec cast, Range 15, 8 sec coolddown, cost 300 mana + 150 mana per level. 

Lv 1: Hit all enemies in a straight line with a fire slash dealing 75 damage and burning the living for 200 damage over 10 sec.
Lv 4: Hit all enemies in a straight line with a fire slash dealing 150 damage and burning the living for 400 damage over 10 sec.
Lv 7: Hit all enemies in a straight line with a fire slash dealing 225 damage and burning the living for 600 damage over 10 sec.
Lv 10: Hit all enemies in a straight line with a fire slash dealing 300 damage and burning the living for 800 damage over 10 sec. 

Lv 15: Hell Flames

Demigod that suffer burn from Hell Slash will now receives 10% extra damage from every attacks.

2nd Skill Row: Demon Hit
Passive.

Lv 5: Every normal attacks from Diablo will have a 6% chance to instant cast the current level of Hell Slash. No Cooldown or Mana cost is used for the skill.
Lv 10: Every normal attacks from Diablo will have a 13% chance to instant cast the current level of Hell Slash. No Cooldown or Mana cost is used for the skill.
Lv 15: Every normal attacks from Diablo will have a 20% chance to instant cast the current level of Hell Slash. No Cooldown or Mana cost is used for the skill.

3rd Skill Row: Dimension Slash
2.5 sec cast, 1000 mana +250 per level, 45 sec cooldown.

Lv 1: Remove a Demigod from play for 2 sec. Range 10.
Lv 4: Remove a Demigod from play for 4 sec. When it comes back, he is slowed by 5% for 5 sec. Range 10.
Lv 7: Remove a Demigod from play for 6 sec. When it comes back, he is slowed by 10% for 5 sec. Range 15.
Lv 10: Remove a Demigod from play for 8 sec. When it comes back, he is slowed by 15% for 5 sec. Range 20.

4th Skill Row: Infernal Parasite
0.1 sec cast, Range 10, 300 mana +150 per level, 5 sec cooldown.

Lv 1: Put a parasite on target enemy for 5 sec. If the enemy dies in that period of time, a flame zergling will take it place. The flame zergling have 100 HP and deals 20% of its max HP to a small area upon death. A Maximum of 2 zerglings can be summoned.
Lv 4: Put a parasite on target enemy for 5 sec. If the enemy dies in that period of time, a flame zergling will take it place. The flame zergling have 150 HP and deals 30% of its max HP to a small area upon death. A Maximum of 3 zerglings can be summoned.
Lv 7: Put a parasite on target enemy for 5 sec. If the enemy dies in that period of time, a flame zergling will take it place. The flame zergling have 250 HP and deals 40% of its max HP to a medium area upon death. A Maximum of 4 zerglings can be summoned.
Lv 10: Put a parasite on target enemy for 5 sec. If the enemy dies in that period of time, a flame zerglings will take it place. The flame zergling have 300 HP and deals 50% of its max HP to a large area upon death. A Maximum of 5 zerglings can be summoned.

Each zerglings will reduce Diablo's movement speed by 5%.

5th Skill Row: Infernal Summoning
0.1 sec cast, Range 25, 800 mana + 200 per level, 20 sec cooldown.

Lv 5: Instantly summon one Hell Demon in a target area with 1000 HP that has 10% chance to stun the enemy for 0.5 sec for every attack. The Hell Demon also does a small splash damage. A maximum of one Hell Demon can be summoned.
Lv 10: Instantly summon two Hell Demons in a target area with 1250 HP that has 15% chance to stun the enemy for 0.5 sec for every attack. The Hell Demon also does a small splash damage. A maximum of two Hell Demons can be summoned.
Lv 15: Instantly summon two Hell Demon in a target area with 1500 HP that has 20% chance to stun the enemy for 0.5 sec for every attack. The Hell Demon also does a small splash damage. A Maximum of four Hell Demons can be summoned.

6th Skill Row: Demonic Leadership
Passive. 

Lv 2: Every minions gain a 5% movement and attack speed. Diablo gain 1% movement speed per zerglings.
Lv 5: Every minions gain a 10% movement and attack speed. Diablo gain 2% movement speed per zerglings.
Lv 8: Every minions gain a 15% movement and attack speed. Diablo gain 3% movement speed per zerglings.

7th Skill Row: Demonic Presence
Passive Aura.

Lv 2: Enemy Demigod in the presence of Diablo feels wary. Maximum HP of enemy Demigods is reduced by 5%.
Lv 5: Enemy Demigod in the presence of Diablo feels wary. Maximum HP of enemy Demigods is reduced by 7%.
Lv 8: Enemy Demigod in the presence of Diablo feels wary. Maximum HP of enemy Demigods is reduced by 10%.

Lv 15 from Demon Leadership and Demonic Presence: Diablo's Anger 

Every enemies slained by Diablo will have a 10% chance to summon one of the current level of Hell Demon. The maximum of Hell Demon and Flame zerglings is increased by 2.

When I created this Demigod, I have in mind a single player that always plays Minions build. And most of the time, his minions build can't fight war rank+ 8 mobs. With this new Demigod, he can play through the game with minions build or other players like me would like the Hell Slash and Dimension Slash and play Diablo like an assassin.

This Demigod is to deal with the stupid Oak surge that kills every mobs in 1 hit. You wanna kill my flame zerglings? Eats their damage, you stupid Oak! A buffed group of lv 10 zerglings that have ~600 HP each.

Dimension Slash would probably the most OP of all skill since it remove anyone. I mean, I remove you, cap the flag and run. That is so much of a middle finger to anyone's face. But of course, it's easily stunnable.

Please write some comments if you like my ideas.

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 23, 2010 6:34:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting idea with Mana Swap. Is that able to target enemies and friendlies? I see it sorta an "hp stacking killer" since that ability alone completely negates Sigils. However, I think it's cooldown is WAY too short. Eg, they sigil but are oom, you swap it. 

Regarding "Earth Removal" a lot of the game code actually uses buffs with negative effects. The most important one is monk heals. If you are healed by a monk you have an invisible "buff" on you that lasts 8 seconds that prevents you from being healed by a monk of the same level. There are a few other instances where this is the case. 

Another thing is that all ranged procs tend to be lower than melee procs. I think shifting her to melee would balance her a lot because then she can actually put herself at sort of risk in order to use some of her passives and stuff. 

June 23, 2010 6:51:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_BlackHatHedgehog,
Interesting idea with Mana Swap. Is that able to target enemies and friendlies? I see it sorta an "hp stacking killer" since that ability alone completely negates Sigils. However, I think it's cooldown is WAY too short. Eg, they sigil but are oom, you swap it. 

Regarding "Earth Removal" a lot of the game code actually uses buffs with negative effects. The most important one is monk heals. If you are healed by a monk you have an invisible "buff" on you that lasts 8 seconds that prevents you from being healed by a monk of the same level. There are a few other instances where this is the case. 

Another thing is that all ranged procs tend to be lower than melee procs. I think shifting her to melee would balance her a lot because then she can actually put herself at sort of risk in order to use some of her passives and stuff. 

First of all, thanks for the feedback.

I have thought of the mana swap as an offensive skill, but it's true, it can be used in a team play, swapping allies, then sigil. But it's a 1.5 sec cast, so there is room for interrupt. Regarding the cooldown, I agree. I've changed it to 45 sec as first skill. At lv 10, most of demigod won't go long without mana. It will ruin an ooze ub's gameplay tho.

I have put a lot of thought into Earth Removal. What I said was mainly for viewable buffs like sigils and shield. Cant the programmers put invisible buffs (like your monks') into one category and the viewable one into another code category or something? Like "if buff= monk heals, Then Ignore" or something? Earth removal was my main idea to destroy Oak as tier 1.

I don't want to put pretty girls into melee range. But still, I guess that would balance her.

PS: When she dies, small wisps are released from her body. Then she simply vanish as she lay down on the floor, debuffing all debuffs from allies.

June 23, 2010 7:13:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Diablo wasn't posted initially. My thoughts:

Dimension Slash: awesome idea. Oh my god crazy OP. I do think that when you remove them from existence that their buffs and debuffs shouldn't expire. So if an Oak shield, but you banish (if that would work) then he should come back with a full timer on his shield still. I think that making cooldowns not tick down would also be good.  

I see it being very very powerful against a healer or support (Queen and Sedna). 

I also see it as brutal while having a DA on your team. You + DA walk up to 2 other people. You Dimension Slash one buddy for 6 seconds, he swaps back the other. You beat on the poor soul 2v1 for 6 seconds. By that time he is probably nearly dead. Of course, since Dimensional Slash is your "interrupt" and DA's is Shadow Swap he could just port out. If they do that, then you can just 2v1 the other guy when he comes back and force him to port out too. You get the flag. 

I don't exactly see what Demon Hit does, and it seems very weak. 

Also, does parasite operate on the Zergling's max hp or the target's max hp? If its the Zergs then it isn't useful unless you get +Minion HP items and Morale. If it's the enemies, a pack of Zerglings will insta-gib any AoE demigod that lets them get too close. I also think that it would be a hard-counter to Sedna (Heal IV), Mulch or an Ooze beast or anyone who gets Natures Reckoning. It would also brutalize enemy monks (and Queen's Shamblers for Mulch). I think you have a bit of a hatred for Oak? 

Regarding minion and Diablo speed buffs and debuffs, remember that everything that affects a general's movement speed will also affect their minions. So slowing down Diablo per zergling will also slow down the zerglings. 

I think the only decent counter to Diablo from first look would be an Erebus (mist would kill zerglings without hurting himself and Bite counters a lot of the "max hp" things that he has) and a Rook. 

June 23, 2010 7:27:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ye, it's the zerglings' max hp. That was the balance idea there. But knowing people, they will boost the zerglings HP and send them into enemies. 5 zerglings with 600 HP would deal about 1500 damage upon death easily.

Ye, about the minion speeds, I know. That is why there is the demonic Leadership to remove that effect from the minions.

The point of the speed reduce is to counter any player that first want to summon and stay way back. I hate those cowards. I don't want them to run away. Get those freakin boots, u minion summoners, and waste an equip slot.

Demon Hit is an awesome ability. Imagine some hit, u can insta cast the Hell Slash with no cd or mana cost. That's uber AoE. Comboed with the lv 15, thats even uber deadly AoE.

Diablo can be played as an end game AoE or an end game summoner. He is awesome. He just can't run.That would be good. Very good....

And Yes, I hate Oak.

June 23, 2010 7:30:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just perused, will have a proper read tomorrow.

Don't like the fact that first demigod has too many mana stealing moves.  Also, a lot of the skills seem pretty random and more to the point pretty hard for an enemy dg to assess the damage of (making combat random and unpleasant).

To put it bluntly, I really don't like the first one.

Second one looks interesting though

June 23, 2010 8:11:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

perused means you scanned it extremely in depth:

1. to read or examine with care; study

I do understand Demon Hit now but it's meh, I guess. 

June 23, 2010 8:14:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think making the dimensional slash have a 3 second cool down would be better more chance of stopping it thus making it less over powered and the earth shaman sounds really fun alot of differet builds for both of these 2 demis way better then the 12 we have much better

June 23, 2010 8:58:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,
Just perused, will have a proper read tomorrow.

Don't like the fact that first demigod has too many mana stealing moves.  Also, a lot of the skills seem pretty random and more to the point pretty hard for an enemy dg to assess the damage of (making combat random and unpleasant).

To put it bluntly, I really don't like the first one.

Second one looks interesting though

lol, she is very deadly. How can she be random? I mean, u take all their mana, u stun them for 3 sec, mana swap and basic attack kill the dg. That's like OMG, I HAD 6000 LIFE AND I JUST DIED!!!

Did I say she was an assassin?

It's just that she won't know if you are out of mana or not, that's why it's fun.

June 24, 2010 12:19:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These are really good ideas, i especially liked the dimension slash. A dota character(obsidian something) had a similar skill, was really fun to use it to set up ganks. I think there are quite a lot of things that would need balancing(8 sec on d slash at level 10 sounds bit too long) but this isn't really the issue here. i wish these would be added, it would definitely enrich demigod vastly since there isn't much strategy left to develop for players anymore.

June 25, 2010 8:08:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2. to browse or read through in a leisurely way

Usage Note: Peruse has long meant "to read thoroughly" and is often used loosely when one could use the word read instead, as in The librarians checked to see which titles had been perused in the last month and which been left untouched. Seventy percent of the Usage Panel rejected this example in our 1999 survey. Sometimes people use it to mean "to glance over, skim," as in I only had a moment to peruse the manual quickly, but this usage is widely considered an error. In a 1988 survey, 66 percent of the Panel found it unacceptable, and in 1999, 58 percent still rejected it

Don't be a douche, makes you look like more of an ass when you are wrong.

Yes, I agree the way I was using the word could be said to be not traditionally correct.  However, it is consistent with modern usage.  I will continue using the word this way. 

June 25, 2010 8:10:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's just that she won't know if you are out of mana or not, that's why it's fun.

That's the bit I don't like   Too random for my liking. 

June 25, 2010 6:58:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sometimes people use it to mean "to glance over, skim," as in I only had a moment to peruse the manual quickly, but this usage is widely considered an error. In a 1988 survey, 66 percent of the Panel found it unacceptable, and in 1999, 58 percent still rejected it

June 25, 2010 7:18:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2. to browse or read through in a leisurely way

Usage Note: Peruse has long meant "to read thoroughly" and is often used loosely when one could use the word read instead, as in The librarians checked to see which titles had been perused in the last month and which been left untouched. Seventy percent of the Usage Panel rejected this example in our 1999 survey. Sometimes people use it to mean "to glance over, skim," as in I only had a moment to peruse the manual quickly, but this usage is widely considered an error. In a 1988 survey, 66 percent of the Panel found it unacceptable, and in 1999, 58 percent still rejected it

Don't be a douche, makes you look like more of an ass when you are wrong.

Yes, I agree the way I was using the word could be said to be not traditionally correct.  However, it is consistent with modern usage.  I will continue using the word this way. 

I could care less? lololololol consistent with modern usage!

June 28, 2010 1:32:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On a second read I think it's the fact I play assassin oak so often that I'm so terrified of the Earth Shaman more than any other reason.  

It's just kinda tragic that it's doubtful as to whether there will be any new demigods.

I suppose we have to  wait and see what will happen with the future downloadable content written about here...

http://www.impulsedriven.com/dem

July 31, 2010 4:05:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Definetley cool ideas. I can just imagine in multiplayer somebody playing as Diablo Shouting "Welcome to ****!"

August 10, 2010 6:32:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Diablo guy seems, in basic look and style, much like my Bloodfiend. Not persay in playstyle, my Bloodfiend is a very tough tank, and an assassin. But these are pretty cool ideas.

August 10, 2010 9:33:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the only thing that i see glaring as far as balance for both these characters is the range on their powers.

for the dimension slash i do like the idea that hedgie had with the character coming back exactly how they left with all timers the same and everything.

I really like the manna swap power. hahah you could potentially be giving a character back more hp when you are trying to kill them if they stacked manna. Also it really would mix up when you would want to use a sigil adding some new mind games to demigod. Ooze beast would be a killer against this chick though.

August 20, 2010 7:51:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
The Diablo guy seems, in basic look and style, much like my Bloodfiend. Not persay in playstyle, my Bloodfiend is a very tough tank, and an assassin. But these are pretty cool ideas.

True. I read both articles and they are simmilar

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: