The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Working Custom Demigod + Animations via Mod

By on May 24, 2010 12:33:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Check out the custom animations! All of this is working in a single mod, no files outside of it =D 3DS Max + an exporter that I managed to network into my hands

You can check out how it is setup here!

+45 Karma | 18 Replies
May 24, 2010 1:54:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that's pretty cool! good wok. 

May 24, 2010 4:20:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting work.

So, I've been kicking around the idea of having items in the favor shop that allow you to change your demigod. This would allow us to add new demigods without having to replace already existing ones. (Although to be fair I only browsed the files in the .rar, I didn't look at it in game.). Any thoughts on if it would work out?

May 24, 2010 6:07:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, nice one

May 24, 2010 10:57:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not so sure. I mean, it would be easy to code it in, but so many of the in-game things like the scoreboard, achievements, etc. all depend on your current Demigod. You would have to look at every facet of it, but from my initial thoughts, I don't think so.

Oh, haha. The only thing that I am missing is the ability to choose the Demigod in the character select screen >.< I'll try that today, although I remember trying it before and not getting far since the mods only loaded after you get in-game.

May 24, 2010 5:01:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool stuff. Keep up the good work.

May 26, 2010 1:50:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What I have been trying to do is hook in lua\common\HeroUtil.lua in order to get the new demigod to show up with the others, although it only hooks when you get into the lobby, and it seems to be used by the game before that point, making hooking it there quite pointless >.< Gyah, if I could only get this thingie to hook correctly!

May 29, 2010 1:00:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your link no longer works, could you please upate it?

May 29, 2010 3:40:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixed the web server Thanks. Still cannot think of a way to get past the current issue >.<

May 29, 2010 8:42:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You could edit the blue prints (or maybe some other file) so that he takes the place of one of the random demigod buttons

May 30, 2010 1:57:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The thing is, that is a very ugly method. If we cannot add demigods through normal mods that don't alter anything else, you run out of slots real fast, and you run into conflicting code.

May 30, 2010 2:45:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You might try using the random slot to select a "default" demigod. That demigod then would either have shop access to choose a new demigod in game or just have his abilities set to choose a new demigod. This "default" would then also have be the representative for all of the new demigods, so his information would be used for the scoreboard, achievements, etc.

May 30, 2010 8:23:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While I appreciate the suggestions, that is so horribly round-about that I am not about to do that. I am just going to hope that there is a way to get the stuff to load in prior to when it runs the functions that grab the list of the Demigods. I will keep looking!

May 30, 2010 8:28:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure there are any functions that can load prior to game start. I seem to recall people claiming it was a hard limit to the mods that Demigod allows.

May 30, 2010 9:43:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, that is what I have been battling with. What happens is that it loads the lobby screen, and then after that is done, it does the mod loading. Since the hero data has already been read by the lobby screen, it doesn't use any of the altered functions after the mod loading. I wanted to see if I could RuleInit.lua or globalinit.lua to make Lobby.lua call its Lobby:CreateAvatarPanel function again so that it would reload it or something to that sort, though I haven't figured out a way to call it =P

May 31, 2010 7:45:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very fresh.  Nice work.

June 2, 2010 3:24:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chirmaya,
Yeah, that is what I have been battling with. What happens is that it loads the lobby screen, and then after that is done, it does the mod loading. Since the hero data has already been read by the lobby screen, it doesn't use any of the altered functions after the mod loading. I wanted to see if I could RuleInit.lua or globalinit.lua to make Lobby.lua call its Lobby:CreateAvatarPanel function again so that it would reload it or something to that sort, though I haven't figured out a way to call it =P

It sounds like you're probably out of luck, as the same limitations that apply to the SC lobby apply here.  If memory serves, globalInit isn't specific to any one state (they each use it to set up their lua environment), and RuleInit only runs in the pre-game state, which is somehow separate from the lobby and is also not affected by loaded mods.

I don't yet know what all they've changed from SC to Demigod, but there was a reason that all of the (incomplete) SC faction-add mods had to be .scd mods.  I'd guess that adding a Demigod is pretty much like adding a faction in SC.

June 2, 2010 3:15:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have tried using a "shadow" folder to edit it?

Here it is:

A mod can contain a 'shadow' folder, which contains files matching the names
   and directory structure of the game's top-level folder. These files will REPLACE
   the game's files on all lookups. You can use this mechanism to replace entire
   textures, audio files, scripts, blueprints, or any other game data. Note that
   when a game file is shadowed, the original file becomes completely inaccessible.
   This is ok for textures and such but usually not what you want for scripts.

November 29, 2010 9:21:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shameless bump.

Is anyone still working on this?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.