The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Post retail purchase Download size

By on May 22, 2010 11:11:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I live in the boonies.  The only decent internet I can get is the Verizon Mobile wireless.  Max dl speeds of 1.5mb, max downloadable content is 5 gigs/month. This greatly limits what games I can consider because so many retails versions are basically downloaders/installers. 

I am wondering how big of a download I can expect after purchasing a retail version.

I am also wondering when playing multiplayer, is their any information on how much data my computer will actually be downloading during the action.

Thanks in advance for any help.

+1 Karma | 14 Replies
May 22, 2010 11:46:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's like.... 2.6 gig?  I think?  Something like that?  It's pretty big, was bigger than Starcraft 2(pre all the patch nonsense).

I could be way, way off, though.

May 22, 2010 11:50:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn't play the multiplayer with the 5G/month limit.

I thought there was no limit to Verizon 3G equivalent wifi.  Ask around, maybe you might be able to get DSL through verizon partners.

May 22, 2010 12:13:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's about 600  MiB or so. But I am not entirely sure. I don't think it's 2.6 GiB?

May 22, 2010 12:47:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ba294: There are no hard cables run out here.  I could pay about 500$ to get one run, then pay the monthly fee.  Alltel offers unlimited dl but they are about to be taken by at&t so its a little unknown what will happen then.  I also have verizon cellphones so its just easier.  5gig is the limit, maybe i can pay a little extra to get more dl room.  Anyways, thanks for the info, and if there any any other suggestions keep em coming.

May 22, 2010 12:57:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I live in the boonies.

That was hilarious. 

May 22, 2010 1:04:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just read that constant streaming for 1 hour could use 100-200 mb.  Anyone have additional info on that?  How long does a typical 2v2 match last for example? 

PS. Living in the boonies is sweet.  Commuting is fine, the crappiest part is the internet!  My poor gaming addiction.

May 22, 2010 1:06:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2v2s can be anywhere from 2 minutes to fo-evah.

Most go ~20-30 mins though.

(And I just thought it was funny how it started with So, hehe)

May 22, 2010 1:07:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ha. Well I was always taught to start with an attention grabber!

May 22, 2010 1:12:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

haha, it worked!

I had to play through my cell for a while, so I feel your pain. I was lucky enough to already have it installed when I had to use it though.

I could play 3v3s on it, but it would randomly drop like once every 4 games or so.

It was fun to wave my phone around the room and watch my ping go up and down.

May 22, 2010 1:23:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well I have unlimited data usage on my phone... so how do you run the internet through a phone? Ive never done that.

May 22, 2010 1:28:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What phone do you have?

May 22, 2010 2:14:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

droid.  verizon.  Im looking up the process now.  Seems like I need to get a bluetooth receiver for my comp

May 22, 2010 2:15:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dunno about the Droid, but my Palm Pre can do USB tethering. 

May 22, 2010 2:19:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yup, looks like I can.  Now I gotta get out of my verizon 3g contract.  Its been 10 days and Im not impressed, I wonder if they will let me or hang me by my balls

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.