The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Erebus says: "All life is sacred!"

Or, Demigod as a See 'n Say with all the labels mixed up, yay!

By on May 21, 2010 8:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So.

It's been a very long while since I returned the game shortly after open beta, simply because the netcode flaws made it impossible for me to connect to anyone.

Then I saw the $10 for DG dealy on Impulse, and I had to pounce on the deal, seeing that the netcode has almost certainly been fixed by now.

I installed the game from my pre-order limited edition, got patched up, and was good to go. It was late at night, so there were no games to connect to (well, I briefly connected to one game's lobby that didn't have enough players, and hurray, the connection seemed stable!).

So, I just loaded up a single player game with some AIs.

Wait... did the Rook just tell me, "My scepter still burns!"?

Eh, oh well... I'll try Demon Hunter!

So anyway, my light team captures a flag, and of course the voice-over exclaims "Dark team is dominating!"

...wha?

And then when order Demon Hunter to walk over to another flag, I hear poor Sedna exclaiming, "I don't have enough mana!"

And later on, I was told that, "Light needs only 2 more kills to win!" even though it was a standard game, and in the middle of the game the narrator kept exclaiming "Fight!" I'm guessing he was just so into it that he couldn't help himself

So the point is that my DG's voice-overs have become scrambled, and even though the results are often amusing, it would still be neat if the right voice-overs corresponded to the right situation.

The "ding," "dong" sounds in the main menu are still correct.

Any ideas?

+2 Karma | 6 Replies
May 23, 2010 3:21:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm getting the same issue, voices seem to be completely random. Not sure if it's bad data, or something else.

Specs: Windows 7 64-bit, ATI HD4850, P4D E5400

I'm even getting sounds playing for some sort of Capture-The-Flag mode, which looks like something that was cut from the game before it was released.

May 23, 2010 3:39:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol weird.  Hopefully someone can help you with that, I personally haven't had or heard of this issue before now (just posting so you know it's not a uh.. common issue? lol)

May 23, 2010 4:03:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The issue is pretty common. Here are some links to similar threads.

<nag> Do a forum search next time you'll get your answer faster and with less soap boxes. </nag>

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/373762
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370466
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369625
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369584

Solutions that have worked:

1. run C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod\dem_loc_update.exe
    1. You may have to get permission to run the file, disable your antivirus while you run it, or track down where the file is on your system.
  2. Full reinstall
    1. Uninstall, Reboot, Reinstall. Don't skip the reboot stage.
May 24, 2010 12:16:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do a forum search next time you'll get your answer faster and with less soap boxes.

I did do a couple forum searches. Pardon me for not knowing typing in the right search terms to find these threads.

I forgot to include my PC's specs:

Windows 7

ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 1 GB

Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz

4 GB RAM

May 24, 2010 4:22:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So did it fix it?

May 25, 2010 4:32:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for that.

dem_loc_update.exe fixed it for me. Wish I'd know about that simple fix beforehand before trying to re-install (which did nothing).

Quoting Ptarth,

<nag> Do a forum search next time you'll get your answer faster and with less soap boxes. </nag>

I did search, but as said, it's pretty difficult when you don't know the terms other people have used. When I tried, all I got were threads about SoaSE voice acting, an error 500, or nothing at all. It would help if there was an advanced search, or at least a way to restrict search to just the demigod forum.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.