The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Help Request] Ancient Shambler

By on May 18, 2010 4:04:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So far the community hasn't been able to do much with creating new units. There are extreme limitations to our ability to create new content because of the necessity to use Granny for models and animations, the lack of non-ingame tools (Effects creator, Mesh Display, etc), and the lack of documentation (most of the SC information kinda works). To my knowledge, the following projects have been successful in creating new content.

• mrappard created Blackulus, a modded version of Regulus.
  • Exxcentric has produced a number of modified units in his Favor Mod.
  • Blackthorn modded Demigod model sizes in his Equilibrium Mod.

I'm trying something slightly different than either of these. I'm trying to create a modified version of the Shambler to replace the essentially useless Tribute Skill. I've made reasonable progress so far. I've modified the mesh, resized the model, added him to the QoT's abilities, and modified his weapon. At this point however, I've gone beyond my knowledge based on the engine and am entering more unit making territory.

To my knowledge what still needs to be done is:

• Add effect animations when attacking
  • Add effect animations when taking damage?
  • Confirm animations are acceptable.
  • Confirm audio effects are acceptable.
  • Fine tune movement and pathfinding.
  • Change target point for attackers. (Currently Towers of light shoot beneath him to hit him. I'm not sure what this is a side effect of.)
  • Eventually balance him.

This brings me to the point of this post.

1. I'm providing a reference point for anyone else interested in doing something like this. Unlike the other mods this one only includes only the necessary components for adding a new unit. It reduces the amount of information to be grokked.
  2. I'd like a hand if anyone has the time working out the above list of issues.

Here is a link to the mod. It is a manual install version.

To summon the Ancient Shambler, activate any of the Summon Shambler abilities.

Here is a screenshot showing the size and mesh.

+89 Karma | 2 Replies
May 18, 2010 4:14:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man.  Ptarth.  Your a rocket scientist of Demigod Love.  Your basically amazing.  And I wish I could help you.

The End.

May 18, 2010 4:19:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always wanted to see someone do this with NightCrawlers too.

Say a point in Improved Conversion Aura II will cause any demigod dying near LE to create a giant, improved stat, night crawler.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.