The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Huge crucible exploit, highly recommend you watch.

By on May 10, 2010 5:06:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Koush

Join Date 05/2009
+8

Sheesh, this is a huge exploit I wasn't even aware of until today, even if you don't tend to watch replays, watch this replay.

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=124108

Starts off a pretty standard match, he almost got an early kill, no real big deal. I got some flow in my rhythm, start pushing, yellowing you name it. Then I pretty much did all I needed, to secure a victory, or so I thought. The whole time he was asking me how to improve and stuff like that, I was telling him things trying to boast up his confidence. I was at his portals just wasting time till my catas finished the job, but then I noticed something, and that is what this has all been leading up too.

Enjoy.

Locked Post 40 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 10, 2010 6:02:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Muhahahahah, Muhahaha,

if someone plays that gay like u did boxxy....erebus on crucible..batswarm like a little child......u doesent deserve better than getting noobed by oak spirits on your cit....

muhahah aagain...well done thomas  tought that gaybus a lesson in beeing lame.....

this is not an exploit...this is oakpower   oak ftw....i would have done the same with any other erebus that comes up with lame batswarm tactic....only way to defeat such lame erebus tactic.....and crying boxxy was pissed that he cant be the only one with lame tactics....heheh... 

p.s.  if u were aware of that...u would have played oak too and done the same lame shit....at least ur behavior with ur erebus leads me to that thought

and by the way.....an pure minion oak would have eaten up ur cit much faster 

May 10, 2010 6:05:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So spouting hurtful words makes you look cool micro? you make me sick and I hate people who abuse stuff like that boxxy...but you were abusing stuff yourself.

May 10, 2010 6:06:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh that was the massive exploit? lol. Same thing happens on Cataract. Glad you got pwned. 

May 10, 2010 6:09:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shiro_Sol,
So spouting hurtful words makes you look cool micro? you make me sick and I hate people who abuse stuff like that boxxy...but you were abusing stuff yourself.

someone that cries about exploit like boxxy and using exploits by himself begs for spoutful comment

..and shiro...people like u who flame rude in most of their comments shouldnt speak up that loud 

May 10, 2010 6:28:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

couple things I noticed.  If I ever see a complete minion oak player, this is automatically what I assume is going to take place.  To counter as erebus, do exactly what you did up until mid game.  But swarming past towers to get valor / gold flag was a waste.  Better to push with your creeps and tear down every tower in the way.  You'll still get valor / gold, but won't waste the time of not destroying towers.  

As soon as he gets 10, he's going to be pushing your citadel.  By this time you should be able to afford giants (if you've been taking out every tower / fort alongside your creeps.  @ 300g per tower, that adds up fast).

Invest in nature's reckoning.  It makes quick work of the minions when all you have going for you is your mass charm.

Basically you were late to noticing what his plan was, and instead of being on top of it (nature's reckoning and a quick port back to base to stop them) you were playing catch up, and you had to buy fs4 instead of giants.

But I agree.. the first time you see a minion Oak, you can definitely be caught off guard.  Definitely caught me the first time as well.  They are beatable tho  I hate playing that sort of game tho.  

May 10, 2010 6:33:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Microstar,

Thomas was playing a pure minion oak build.  Spirits + morale + hauberk / Platemail / Gladiator gloves / Ironwalkers.  He didn't have the 3500 gloves or a minion favor, but it was definitely not a hybrid oak build.  

May 10, 2010 6:36:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Koush! you fool! haha 

So i watched the whole replay, gave me quite a laugh to see you not noticing your citadel falling very late then working your ass off to keep it alive. This is a similar version to prison horn/walker exploit which used to be very common back in the day. you did play well but there were few things i think that could have helped you out.

1- Getting building fire 1(600gold) early game against minion builds to have aoe tower attack. Those archer tower could have lasted a couple minutes longer.*

2-Trebutches destroyes the mid towers without any effort in crucible. It could give you a faster push before he had mad minions. 

3- Nature's reckoning would help you to deal with the spirits at citadel.

4- also if you noticed your citadel falling faster, you could have had enough time to sell and get giants instead of fs2-3-4. Although i understand that you thought you had the game in the pocket and didn't bother at that point.

very well played, these are just things that are easy to say watching the replay, not playing. 

*So i am not hundred percent sure if bf1 only gives more aoe to regular towers or archer towers as well but i always thought it did.

Seems like there wasn't that much to do on your behalf, if you did the things listed above maybe you wouldn't have enough gold to buy troops or maybe you would get enough time get giants which would possibly result for a win because he wouldn't be able to hold giants with that build.

on thomas behalf, very dirty.

gg.

May 10, 2010 6:41:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Orcun, Building Damage one REDUCES SPLASH BY 90%!!! Purchasing building splash is the worst thing you can do against a minion build. It's also 500 gold  

Towers start with 100% splash. Building Damage I make that into 10% (TEN. Not One Hundred and Ten. TEN). 

This has been reported in Uberfix, but a good balance decision has not been made. I'd be glad to have your input on it. 

I remember the days of a Nightwalker trapped in the citadel :-/ saddays. I quite for a few months until that was fixed. 

May 10, 2010 6:46:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You fools! I wouldn't of done that if he didn't go cloak, since he went cloak and could wrap into my base, anything was fair game.

And it isn't like he's only done it to me, he's done it too renz as well. The point of this video wasn't so much as my tactics, it was a case to do with how easily your citedal can fall due to spirit harassment! Sorry for trying to help, clearly. Also a lot of hate in this thread haha.

Yeah you make some good points Orcun, however I don't see how doing it would of helped me to win, I had to play permanant defense and so I couldn't really do anything offensively, so at best I would of delayed my defeat by a few minutes. For the record too, I wasn't crying, I was just trying to show some people, what they might expect if they fought Oak's in crucible, jeez guys, cry me a river.

May 10, 2010 6:48:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RAWRRRR,

Quoting Microstar, reply 1 

Thomas was playing a pure minion oak build.  Spirits + morale + hauberk / Platemail / Gladiator gloves / Ironwalkers.  He didn't have the 3500 gloves or a minion favor, but it was definitely not a hybrid oak build.  

true..but he was missing that important +18 minion dmg

Quoting GM-Orcun,
Koush! you fool! haha 

on thomas behalf, very dirty.

gg.

aha....and playing erebus on crucible is not dirty ????

May 10, 2010 6:49:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But I agree.. the first time you see a minion Oak, you can definitely be caught off guard.

kind of surprised this is the first time you've bumped into a minion oak tearing down a citadel.  I don't really consider jumping across the gap or spamming a citadel with spirits "exploits"... neither move can be countered by experienced players?  Many players disagree on it being an exploit though. 

May 10, 2010 6:58:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not so much I haven't seen this happen before Pacov, it is just I haven't seen it happen without the situation being completely out of my hands.

Also, grow up microstar, any general in crucible has the ability fly into one's base and take the portal (And he went cloak), if anything, playing oak is the dirtiest choice simply because he can shield and get away safely without any problems. I had 20k more gold then the guy, I don't think I would of lost with or without my antics, I was just trying to end the game faster then drawing it out. 1 v 1 on crucible already takes like 45 minutes when things go well, why would I want to extend this process.

May 10, 2010 7:16:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sry ...but i disagree..that has nothing to do with grow up....

u cant compare cloak of night with batswarm...really not

May 10, 2010 7:36:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Microstar,
I can't adapt to strategies so I come QQ on the forums.
/fixed and now I remember why I left this game

May 10, 2010 7:47:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah you are right, one takes mana on use, the other doesn't. But no matter how much you just want to pin blame solely on a vamp, acknowledge that any general can move around in Crucible, and he did for a fact go cloak. So please tell me, how does it differ?

It doesn't matter if I went oak or vamp or oculus (Oculus does have a swarm too so I guess you hate him just as much), any general can do what vamp and oculus do. I still maintain that Oak is the dirtiest due to his safety card.

Also Rawrr, the thing that put me off his pure minion build, was since he got shield, pure minion types don't tend to do that lol. Threw me off. Also, even with natures, hitting those damn spirits is hard lol, they keep circling around the cit, and the god doesn't have that great of a following system, but thanks for the advice.

May 10, 2010 7:51:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You don't play enough with / against peter's minion oak  There is a free point in there to get rank 1 shield or penitence

May 10, 2010 8:31:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't understand all the hate in this thread lol

May 10, 2010 8:45:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not so much I haven't seen this happen before Pacov, it is just I haven't seen it happen without the situation being completely out of my hands.

fair enough.    Oh well... just roll with the punches.  Dude tricked ya! 

May 10, 2010 8:59:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@hedgie

Wow, well than bf upg is just stupid. I didn't know this was the case for so long time, we used to buy bf for sure when we played as ivor/posidenii/me. I think the upg should work the way i thought. it should buff the aoe of archer tower 10%. which would help against minions and would help somewhat to hold troops. thx for enlightening hedgie.

@koush

Man, i just wrote possible alternative shit that could have worked. Not blaming you or anything, this would be really hard to counter and it really depends on thomas faults. if he played it better, he wouldn't give you any kills and then that can be a sure win. On the other hand couple more kills and you get giants more earlier than it's sure loss. So it is just one of those cheap 1v1 tactics. I know you aren't "crying" about it,it's more like you are just sharing .

@microstar

Wouw man, what did koush do to you? where does all this hatred come from?

May 10, 2010 9:11:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Orcun,

It does improve damage that the archer towers do and it does improve the ray damage to the target it attacks. But, it nerfs the splash. Typically, you have a horde of minions around a tower, so nerfing splash greatly reduces the amount of damage you deal, even though purchasing the upgrade means you kill the primary target faster. 

May 10, 2010 11:09:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 for hedgie.  I'm glad you fellas take the time to look through the code and explain the "not necessarily logical" or intuitive stuff.  I was agreeing with orcun re: tower upgrade until you jumped in.  If you or any of the uberfix guys get bored and want to share things you find in the code, that would be great.... I remember awhile back someone found that one of the gauntlets had hidden 5% speed increase which i use anytime i do a damage build early game now.  Anyway, +1 and thanks for chiming in.

May 11, 2010 1:24:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please don't pick on my wife, or else you will be sorry.

May 11, 2010 7:04:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...ok...u all think i was to rude to boxxy....sry then...just had a great laugh about that own goal with this thread...

@shiro-sol

u dare to comment with a faked quote....this is wyrmish...

May 11, 2010 10:57:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol, I have my own back up squad, cool.

Thanks again for the tip Hedgie and Orcun.

May 11, 2010 12:40:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

Sheesh, this is a huge exploit I wasn't even aware of until today, even if you don't tend to watch replays, watch this replay.

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=124108

Starts off a pretty standard match, he almost got an early kill, no real big deal. I got some flow in my rhythm, start pushing, yellowing you name it. Then I pretty much did all I needed, to secure a victory, or so I thought. The whole time he was asking me how to improve and stuff like that, I was telling him things trying to boast up his confidence. I was at his portals just wasting time till my catas finished the job, but then I noticed something, and that is what this has all been leading up too.

Enjoy.

An exploit because you lost? LOL hardly so. I don't see the other guy coming here claiming it's an exploit to bat swarm from the middle to the enemy base, grab the portal flag, and then bat swarm back again.

Perfectly valid strategy. You lost because you got cocky and didn't pay attention to your own citadel until it was far too late.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time: